Benn
29-06-10, 08:43 PM
Very strange film really... Will watch.

blue_peg_16v
29-06-10, 09:34 PM
will give it a watch

novalicous
29-06-10, 09:40 PM
watching more at the mo with the gf (come dine with me crap) so ill watch it after :d

Alex J
29-06-10, 10:05 PM
Love the Beast :cool: more4 hasnt been invented here yetlol

Mark
29-06-10, 10:08 PM
Watching.

Benn
29-06-10, 10:13 PM
Really not gripping me yet...

craig green
29-06-10, 10:45 PM
Think I've missed it.

Jack
29-06-10, 11:28 PM
Somewhat enjoyable, although I think the guy is a nutter for taking a car of that ilk out on what is essentially a rally course. Surprised at its dubious handling? Not really lol

NOVA_LEE
29-06-10, 11:41 PM
i thought it was fair good even tho i only caught half of it, wil lhave buy on doovd

Mark
29-06-10, 11:52 PM
Not bad that.

Mark
29-06-10, 11:55 PM
Quote of the programme..

When you come home stinking of transmisson fluid...That's bad....But it's not Whore's and Crack bad..

lol

burgo
30-06-10, 01:02 AM
i thoroughly enjoyed it and have told tanya to watch it to try and make her understand how i feel about my cars. i have to admit i was welling up when he crashed it and it got me thinking about how i would feel if i crashed the saloon

Jack
30-06-10, 07:55 AM
it got me thinking about how i would feel if i crashed the saloon
Its like he said though, if you race a car you can't really afford to have any emotional attachment to it. Those people who do tend to be the ones who enjoy the build as much as (or more than) actually using the car and in their case bonking a car is purely an excuse to get it back in the workshop and crack out the spanners.

I don't realy have an emotional attachment to my cars any more, I'd just see the $$$ signs on the repair bill if I battered either of them. Mind you it wouldn't be too hard to reshell/rebuild the saloon.

GDN16v
30-06-10, 08:11 AM
Good film, watched it last night. Just shows how people do get attached to there cars.:thumb: Interesting to see so many different cars competing in a road rally like the Targa tasmania, Old school Falcons etc mixing it with porches, mini's and evo's etc. No one this side of the world would enter a monaro for the manx or Irish tarmac rally would they!!

burgo
30-06-10, 01:11 PM
Its like he said though, if you race a car you can't really afford to have any emotional attachment to it. Those people who do tend to be the ones who enjoy the build as much as (or more than) actually using the car and in their case bonking a car is purely an excuse to get it back in the workshop and crack out the spanners.

I don't realy have an emotional attachment to my cars any more, I'd just see the $$$ signs on the repair bill if I battered either of them. Mind you it wouldn't be too hard to reshell/rebuild the saloon.

see thats the problem with mine, would be hard and expensive to reshell it, i fail :(

mowgli
30-06-10, 01:19 PM
Good film, watched it last night. Just shows how people do get attached to there cars.:thumb: Interesting to see so many different cars competing in a road rally like the Targa tasmania, Old school Falcons etc mixing it with porches, mini's and evo's etc. No one this side of the world would enter a monaro for the manx or Irish tarmac rally would they!!

there is a french tarmac rally series where they use stuff like 911's & astons..