Three Cheers...

HIP HIP....HOORAY!!!

HIP HIP....HOORAY!!!

HIP HIP....HOORAY!!!

well done matey.
what course you gonna be doing?

NOVAS RULE
08-05-03, 06:25 PM
ive just got to finish my GCSE's then after a long holiday i am hopefully going to stoke colly doing a basic mechnic coruse(so i can do more advnaced ones + lean about cars to make moddong cheaper)

techie
08-05-03, 06:39 PM
Good for you.

I did my City and Guilds in servicing and repair of road vehicles when I left school and then went on to do my HND in motor vehcile engineering at Coalville tech in Leicester (very grim place indeed, as anyone thats been to the Emporium will know).

Unfortunatly its all NVQ now which is work based assesed and in my opinion a waste of time as most of the lads we get through now dont seem to learn dick, they just get a sheet ticked off to say they have seen summat done rather than doing it and getting tested on it like I did.

But having said that attitude is what counts, if youve got the interest and you want to learn you will.

Best of luck.

p.s If they still do it get this book, was the bible when we was at college, really helpfull.

THE FUNDAMENTALS OF MOTOR VEHICLE ENGINEERING by HILLIER AND PITTOCK.

Try a serch on it.

privatepie
08-05-03, 07:09 PM
im doing carpentry and joinery. its an apretaship and ive got a job lines up paying ?900 a month witch isnt bad

*KEZ-SR*
09-05-03, 09:46 PM
Congrats! Hope al goes well with the course 8)

brian
09-05-03, 11:18 PM
wahey! another "chippy" on here.
I qualified as a carpenter a few months ago. great money (eventually) and ya can work anywhere. I'm off to Boston for the summer and have choice of jobs!