PDA

View Full Version : sri nova

shorty249
28-06-10, 10:08 PM
hi i have brought a mk2 sri in white to restore/do up. i am wondering are all the white sri novas got the black bottom half??
btw im loving the forum :thumb:

many thanks glen.

phazer
29-06-10, 12:20 PM
All SRi's originally came with the blue/grey vinyl bottom half. If you're going to restore, keep the scheme, retro cool.

waynes sri
29-06-10, 12:32 PM
[quote=phazer]All SRi's originally came with the blue/grey vinyl bottom half. If you're going to restore, keep the scheme, retro cool.[/quote
yes phazer is right if your going to restore it keep it the way it should be..
take a look at mine as i did it and in end kept the grey My SRI project (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142574)

GDN16v
29-06-10, 12:34 PM
All SRi's originally came with the blue/grey vinyl bottom half. If you're going to restore, keep the scheme, retro cool.

Yep, looks very cool! If you cant get hold of the vinyl them you can the bottom of the car sprayed grey!:thumb:

waynes sri
29-06-10, 12:41 PM
Yep, looks very cool! If you cant get hold of the vinyl them you can the bottom of the car sprayed grey!:thumb: yes i had the grey sprayed on in the textured paint.most people just think its the vinyl.i had the pillow post done too

GDN16v
29-06-10, 12:47 PM
yes i had the grey sprayed on in the textured paint.most people just think its the vinyl.i had the pillow post done too

Looks really good when doen right!;)

Jack
29-06-10, 02:29 PM
If you join the club, you'll have access to the shop which has "vynil" (well done Ade lol) in it. Its a full set for a Mk1, but should still fit a Mk2, simply sell the unrequired tailgate vinyl to a Mk1 owner :d

phazer
29-06-10, 11:49 PM
It's not black vinyl on the SRi though Jack, it's a blue/grey colour which Ade has failed to find a supplier for (or cheap enough to commission a roll).

7ova
30-06-10, 09:26 PM
[quote=shorty249]
btw im loving the forum :thumb:

become a member mate, £10 a year :thumb:
you got any photo's of the nova to post up????????

shorty249
30-06-10, 09:57 PM
cant upload any pics atm as i havent made 15 posts yet:(

i have started welding the car
refabricated the inner wheel arch splash gaurd and the front lower panel fo the wing to bolt onto.
still got to do the other side front splash gaurd, the passenger door has some rust on the bottom and the rear arches need some work.
the inside of the boot, battery tray, the front lower panel (exept the one end) are clean.

what are the advantages of joining the club??

cheers lads and ladettes.