PDA

View Full Version : Good PA horns and amps

MattBrown
28-06-10, 08:53 PM
Right, I did a thread ages ago.

But, I now have a decentish setup in the shed.

2 prosound horns, with a peavy bassbin.

The bass in rally good, and for the money, the horns are great.

However, I put a 8ohm crossover on one side of my amp, so the bass bin only got bass, was fine, wacked it right up, and popped 2 caps in the amp lol

So, im now running various tat to only get bass through the bin.

Is there any decent amps out there, that have inbuilt crossovers? and hardy enough not to die.

Its a cambridge audio ive killed (very good rep)lol

Jackroadkill
28-06-10, 09:58 PM
Really you need a PA amp if you're running PA speakers, Matt. If you can find them and can afford them, Macrotech did some of their Crown range with with built-in Xovers. They also offer a very wide frequency spectrum and can sweeten up your sound brilliantly.

Angus Closier
28-06-10, 11:56 PM
IV never liked cambridge audio amps.....iv killed so many....never again. Il swear by jbl though...do your subs not have cross-overs in them?? If i where you id just put a decent cross-over in each bin and/or a rack equalizer to get the best sound....and prosound are w(nk imo..

MattBrown
28-06-10, 11:59 PM
IV never liked cambridge audio amps.....iv killed so many....never again. Il swear by jbl though...do your subs not have cross-overs in them?? If i where you id just put a decent cross-over in each bin and/or a rack equalizer to get the best sound....and prosound are w(nk imo..

Agreed, but for £40, for an amp, 2 speakers, and a peavy bass thing, its not too badlol