PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 carb to e16se

kieran jackson
28-06-10, 07:34 PM
im changing the engine in my 1.2 carb for a 1.6i, i have got everything i need to do it but am not sure how i go about the fueling side of things, i know i need to run an external pump but was wandering how i go about connecting it up and what else i would need to go about doing it.
cheers kieran

mowgli
28-06-10, 08:10 PM
you need

injection tank & pump (either a gte one or an spi one with an astra3 mpi one fitted.

the complete engine & f13 box with all pipes & wires throttle cable, coil etc.

then some decent fuel lines made from either flexible copper (b&q 8mm stuff) or decent high pressure stuff

then ask us about the wiring... is your car a mk1 or mk2. is it carb or injection??

kieran jackson
29-06-10, 05:55 PM
have got the complete engine, loom and a f13cr box with pipes, wires and throttle cable, coil etc... and the car is a mk2 with carb

mowgli
29-06-10, 06:02 PM
use the complete engine loom off your 1.2. it has the starter & alt. connections, plus all the std sensors. if you are planning to run 6 dials (recommended) you will need to sort out the oil pressure sender & rev counter wires, they should be in the loom but folded over...

then. you need to reuse the coil feed as the ign live and connect it to the black +ve on the ecu loom.
the big red from the efi loom goes straight to the battery
the pump relay wire is red/blue & it feeds out from the ecu loom...
then there is the engine management light, you can rewire the choke light in the dash for this one.

it really isn't a bad job to wire one up.

kieran jackson
29-06-10, 06:28 PM
cool i all ready have digi dash in and have wired up the rev counter (there was no green wire hidden in loom) and still have the digi dash wiring diagram so for the oil pressure gauge to work will i just need to run some wire from the remains of the wire on the sender to the wire on the dash? and cheers for all the info mate

kieran jackson
03-07-10, 08:37 AM
now then i havent had a lot of time to look at the wireing due to work but went out last night to have a play with the wires and cant for the life of me work out whitch colour wire is my coil feed that i have use as the ign live and havent a clue whitch wire is the black +ve on the ecu loom if any one has any pics of how to do it or a very basic step by step guide would be greatly appreciated as i am a thick c**t when it comes to wireing.