PDA

View Full Version : help please

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
28-06-10, 04:34 PM
would using paint remover on dash be ok as my dash came sprayed black from prev owner and iv tryed picking and stuff but my fingers are wearing down :L any help :thumb:

mowgli
28-06-10, 05:18 PM
try a little on an area least likely to be seen... but god knows what paint they used.... why not rub it down a bit & repaint over it??

davidfox280585
28-06-10, 06:13 PM
paint stripper will burn straight through lol

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
28-06-10, 11:41 PM
paint stripper will burn straight through lol

ok tah

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
28-06-10, 11:42 PM
try a little on an area least likely to be seen... but god knows what paint they used.... why not rub it down a bit & repaint over it??

well was thinking that but its that foam dash board what primer and paint would i need to use what an ars to just spray it he got it all over the b pillars and windscreen and floor retarded not even taping and papering windcreen and that up Lol :thumb:

ade
29-06-10, 12:22 AM
if its a mk2 and hes painted it, it'd be cheaper and quicker to rip out the old dash and fit a replacement one lol

If he's used normal primer and paint then you;ve not much chance of removing it as anything too strong will damage the vinyl covering of the dash. the hard plastic bits can prob be rubbed back with wire wool but you;d need to repaint them.

As for the dash if "normal" car paint was used (instead of the "proper" flexi dash paint which has elastomers it it for it flexes) then its prob cracked - you might be lucky and with some care be able to flake it off using a sharp blade on its edge but its up to you!

I'd biatch slap yer mate though

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
29-06-10, 01:08 AM
if its a mk2 and hes painted it, it'd be cheaper and quicker to rip out the old dash and fit a replacement one lol

If he's used normal primer and paint then you;ve not much chance of removing it as anything too strong will damage the vinyl covering of the dash. the hard plastic bits can prob be rubbed back with wire wool but you;d need to repaint them.

As for the dash if "normal" car paint was used (instead of the "proper" flexi dash paint which has elastomers it it for it flexes) then its prob cracked - you might be lucky and with some care be able to flake it off using a sharp blade on its edge but its up to you!

I'd biatch slap yer mate though

ok fell think it will be gsi dash time then and btw he wasnt my mate its fella i bought it off Lol +rep;d