PDA

View Full Version : Nova parts going up in price

tom reid
27-06-10, 10:20 PM
Following on from the debate on Matt Brown's for sale threads, back light and headlight protectors, what other parts do you see being sought after items, that someone will pay stupid money for?

MattBrown
27-06-10, 10:24 PM
Supply and demand.

Lets face it I hardly consider £100 to be stupid money.

Spend that in a weekend on fuel alone

ste porter
27-06-10, 10:29 PM
opening rear windows
i think that will be one of the most exspensive additions that people will dig deep for that realy isnt worth the amout they will sell for imo

seen new setups fetch circula 300 + for something that your average go would walk past at a show and not even notice

MattBrown
27-06-10, 10:32 PM
opening rear windows
i think that will be one of the most exspensive additions that people will dig deep for that realy isnt worth the amout they will sell for imo

seen new setups fetch circula 300 + for something that your average go would walk past at a show and not even notice

Same as sport twin 40's, would you go and check there numbers at a show?

But I have to say, im going to shell out for a new set of opening rear 1/4s for the turb:thumb:

Graeme
27-06-10, 10:34 PM
Vauxhall mats they fetch stupid money on the bay

stupot89
27-06-10, 10:35 PM
opening rear windows

i think brettski paid £200 for his opening rear windows

MattBrown
27-06-10, 10:35 PM
Tinted rear lights are seeing £60 now.

1.3sr novas are rocketing up too.

djbrowney
27-06-10, 10:38 PM
go and look at the price of ford bits, vauxhall was, still is, and always will be realitavly cheap in comparison to others

it worth what someone wants to pay !!!

Southie
Original MK1 mudflaps seem a rarity, also I wonder if sunroofs will ever do full circle and comeback into fashion lol Matt if you've got one put it up for sale and get the ball rolling lol

Jack
Supply and demand.
Exactly that. Say, for example, OEM OSR lamps suddenly all dried up, the price of them would rocket. You used to be able to buy clear rear lamps for £20 new, now I've seen them sell for £100 on ebay purely as you can't buy them any more.

It'll cut a lot of people out the game tbh, me for one. If parts get to be silly money (more so than they are now) it defeats one of the main advantages of a Nova, i.e. cheap parts.

MattBrown
Original MK1 mudflaps seem a rarity, also I wonder if sunroofs will ever do full circle and comeback into fashion lol Matt if you've got one put it up for sale and get the ball rolling lol

Just skipped 2 GTE green tint sunroofslol

Southie
27-06-10, 10:41 PM
Just skipped 2 GTE green tint sunroofslol
Good idea, that's how the prices will riiiiiiiiiise lol

MattBrown
27-06-10, 10:42 PM
Good idea, that's how the prices will riiiiiiiiiise lol

Ill bin my xe, let, speedlines, and gsi kits,

Youll all be millionairslol

AlexW
27-06-10, 10:43 PM
go and look at the price of ford bits, vauxhall was, still is, and always will be realitavly cheap in comparison to others

Yeah, even corsa bits are more expensive than nova bits lol

Southie
27-06-10, 10:45 PM
Ill bin my xe, let, speedlines, and gsi kits,

Youll all be millionairslol
I won't I don't own any exotic original merchandise :p

djbrowney
27-06-10, 10:47 PM
i know its great breaking a corsa

corsa sport ftw lol

bmw156
27-06-10, 10:48 PM
i think it is a case of, if you want it, and its rare, youll pay for it.

and ste makes a very good point. at a show no one ever notices all the small touches you make to your car so its all pointless unless its major work.

even now an XE on 45's or bodies doesnt turn heads unless its really special.

something like jacks V6 or burgos estate will get people looking because it hasnt been done or it isnt "right"

General Baxter
27-06-10, 10:49 PM
taking about prices, iv just paid £180 for an arm rest lol

Nova_Tek
27-06-10, 10:50 PM
MK1 headlight protectors, snowplough front valance, rear opening windows, twin carbs.

Just a shame all the stuff I have for sale is easily found :(

Stuff will get more expensive as the supply goes down. Only a matter of time. All the stuff that everyone is selling now will probably be hard to find in the future, and a lot of us will probably think 'sh*t, wish I kept that 'XYZ' as a spare'

General Baxter
27-06-10, 10:51 PM
im getting a skip next weekend, and BINNING 90% of the nova stuff, theres brown carpet, gsi dashes, all sorts, cant be arsed with it lol

AlexW
27-06-10, 10:51 PM
i think it is a case of, if you want it, and its rare, youll pay for it.

and ste makes a very good point. at a show no one ever notices all the small touches you make to your car so its all pointless unless its major work.

even now an XE on 45's or bodies doesnt turn heads unless its really special.

something like jacks V6 or burgos estate will get people looking because it hasnt been done or it isnt "right"

Maybe for the useless stuff, but opening rear windows etc serve a purpose.

I have wind deflectors to go on my corsa, nobody will notice them but they make the car nicer to live with.

Spending silly money on pointless things, imo is stupid, but on things that serve a purpose and maybe make the car nicer to live with i can understand.

Mazz
27-06-10, 10:54 PM
im getting a skip next weekend, and BINNING 90% of the nova stuff, theres brown carpet, gsi dashes, all sorts, cant be arsed with it lol

sigh...

ste porter
27-06-10, 10:54 PM
the biggest problem is idiots prepared to pay silly prices and while they are prepaired to pay it nobody is going to sell stuff cheaper when they can get more for it

its like c20lets no way on this planet in my eyes is a 20 year old engine thats been to the moon and back smokes had more owners than a dart board has pricks and will likely need a rebuild when you buy it worth more than 200 quid let alone 1200 quid but if you want one thats what you have to pay because if you dot want to pay it the sellers will hold out because they know some idiot will and thats the problem

personaly i only gave 700 for my let when i first got it but i got the whole car with it and that was still too dear and the let i recently brought i brought the whole calibra for just over 300 quid but that was luck more than anything else

like i say the problem isnt the people selling the stuff its the fact to many people are willing to give people what they ask for it and while they still pay it people will still charge it

Southie
27-06-10, 10:55 PM
I wonder how many original mk1 1.0 engines are left, might de-tune mine the next time it breaks?

Mike
27-06-10, 10:56 PM
Yeah, even corsa bits are more expensive than nova bits lol

You sure? Ive found Corsa parts are worth fook all come resale!!! I know why aswell, because the buyers are 9/10 broke ass 17 year olds with about ten kids.....

I can tell you straight off whats worth what on a Nova tho ;)

Mike
27-06-10, 10:57 PM

Ill come & collect the lot for fook all then, cheaper then £90 for a skip.

AlexW
27-06-10, 10:59 PM
You sure? Ive found Corsa parts are worth fook all come resale!!! I know why aswell, because the buyers are 9/10 broke ass 17 year olds with about ten kids.....

I can tell you straight off whats worth what on a Nova tho ;)

My brother has just broke his sport after crashing it, was more money in it than breaking my modded nova!

General Baxter
27-06-10, 11:00 PM

who says im paying for the skip

and mazz, i advertise it on here mega cheap, and i get ****ed about, people wanting it for free and posting for free, example my alloys, offered me £100posted for 4 alloys and tyres, yeah right, id rather bin them lol
every year i have to have a skip to clear the garage anyway lol

ste porter
27-06-10, 11:00 PM

i will join you mike although claire will kick my **** now i have had a clear out if i start harbouring crap again lol

Mike
27-06-10, 11:01 PM
My brother has just broke his sport after crashing it, was more money in it than breaking my modded nova!

How the fook did he manage that?? Ive just shifted a load of Sport parts for a mate, sold the front seats for £25 (properly MINT interior aswell!!!) rears for £20 an all the doors cards for £25, elec window looms for £1 etc theres no money in them, unlike Novas....

bmw156

when i come get those doors etc, can i just fill up gaps in my car with parts haha

General Baxter
when i come get those doors etc, can i just fill up gaps in my car with parts haha

garage stuff be gone then, i maybe able to get them in the car on the back seats lol

Mike
27-06-10, 11:02 PM
i will join you mike although claire will kick my **** now i have had a clear out if i start harbouring crap again lol

Ive spent the whole weekend since Friday 1pm building a new workshop up in the garden, so harbouring crap is what ill do a bit of for now lol lol

AlexW
27-06-10, 11:03 PM
How the fook did he manage that?? Ive just shifted a load of Sport parts for a mate, sold the front seats for £25 (properly MINT interior aswell!!!) rears for £20 an all the doors cards for £25, elec window looms for £1 etc theres no money in them, unlike Novas....

I know the interior (complete) sold for £100 :eek:

Also know with buying bits for my corsa i spent more on bits because i simply couldnt find them cheaper, elec window setup cost £50.

Mike
27-06-10, 11:04 PM
I know the interior (complete) sold for £100 :eek:

Also know with buying bits for my corsa i spent more on bits because i simply couldnt find them cheaper, elec window setup cost £50.

I saw a Sport interior on eBay for sale at £100? Then got relisted LOL

Apparently the elec window motors are worth a fair whack, but found the elec mirrors worth fook all as they dont sell (currently got a mint pair awaiting eBay sale)

Nova_Tek
27-06-10, 11:04 PM
the biggest problem is idiots prepared to pay silly prices and while they are prepaired to pay it nobody is going to sell stuff cheaper when they can get more for it

its like c20lets no way on this planet in my eyes is a 20 year old engine thats been to the moon and back smokes had more owners than a dart board has pricks and will likely need a rebuild when you buy it worth more than 200 quid let alone 1200 quid but if you want one thats what you have to pay because if you dot want to pay it the sellers will hold out because they know some idiot will and thats the problem

personaly i only gave 700 for my let when i first got it but i got the whole car with it and that was still too dear and the let i recently brought i brought the whole calibra for just over 300 quid but that was luck more than anything else

like i say the problem isnt the people selling the stuff its the fact to many people are willing to give people what they ask for it and while they still pay it people will still charge it

Very true mate, exactly my thinking.

When I was ringing around all the local salvage yards, and engine places, I could've got a low milage Z20LEH for £1200. I was tempted but didn't go for it. The LET should be 500 quid tops but there are few people that'll spend silly money to buy one to stick in a Nova and it has stuck like that. And like you said because it's be known to sell for a minimum of X amount that's how it'll be for a while.

It's stupid really as a written off caly turbo is probably worth 700 to an insurance company as a whole car but you could sell the LET for £700 and no one will say a word.

I knew someone that tried to dpo just that. He had a written off Cally T. He wanted £1000 for the engine. When I said that the car wasn't even worth that in it's current state I never got a reply lol tried to buy the whole car off him but he obviously knew that I wasn't a retard. He never let me have the car.

AlexW
27-06-10, 11:05 PM
I saw a Sport interior on eBay for sale at £100? Then got relisted LOL

Apparently the elec window motors are worth a fair whack, but found the elec mirrors worth fook all as they dont sell (currently got a mint pair awaiting eBay sale)

This wasnt ebay. Pm me price of lec mirrors ;)

Mike
27-06-10, 11:06 PM
This wasnt ebay. Pm me price of lec mirrors ;)

£25 delivered to you door? there in Silver tho, good knows what shade I know fook all about Corsa colour names lol did have the looms up until hour ago when it sold on eBay for 99 pences.

AlexW
27-06-10, 11:11 PM
Got the loom already, Will PM ya tomorrow :)

Back on topic anyway

Mazz
27-06-10, 11:12 PM
Someone i know, bought a mk4 ZLET Astra off eBay for £1500 with 12 months MOT, broke it and sold the lump alone for £1650 on ebay...

Mike
27-06-10, 11:13 PM
Aye yeah, Nova parts being rip off prices lol

Its crazy what you lads pay for parts tho TBH lol

ste porter
27-06-10, 11:18 PM
i think alot of it aswell is the evil that is ebay

when it first started you could get some real bargins now its useless in comparison to 5 -6 years ago

its got too big in my opinion

Annie
27-06-10, 11:23 PM
Did anyone see the 2nd hand standard rubber gear gator sell on ebay the other day for £28, I was watching as mine has split. couldnt believe the price it went for. I was expecting to pay a few pounds for it. so if anyone has one & they dont need i'll take it off your hands :)

AlexW
27-06-10, 11:25 PM
Did anyone see the 2nd hand standard rubber gear gator sell on ebay the other day for £28, I was watching as mine has split. couldnt believe the price it went for. I was expecting to pay a few pounds for it. so if anyone has one & they dont need i'll take it off your hands :)

PM me.

One sold on ebay tonight for £10.

Mike
27-06-10, 11:26 PM
i think alot of it aswell is the evil that is ebay

when it first started you could get some real bargins now its useless in comparison to 5 -6 years ago

its got too big in my opinion

Couldnt agree more, altho from my point of view its fooking ace as the seller :cool:

Bonnet release cable £35
2E3 throttle cable £18
GSi door release handles £41
Castle Nuts x2 £10

To a name a few...

davidfox280585
27-06-10, 11:27 PM
i watched too annie, my series one rs i have a mint dash no cracks i got it with the car is worth 500 on its own used spot lamps 50 a pair towing eye cover 100 bodykit tidy 200 rs parts are ridiculous

Mike
27-06-10, 11:28 PM
i watched too annie, my series one rs i have a mint dash no cracks i got it with the car is worth 500 on its own used spot lamps 50 a pair towing eye cover 100 bodykit tidy 200 rs parts are ridiculous

Yeah but mint S1 RST's are worth a fook load as there a cult car. Where as a Nova, well FLOL that just aint gonna happen ever lol lol

General Baxter
27-06-10, 11:29 PM
Bonnet release cable £35

ha me a burgo cut one of these up lol

Mike
27-06-10, 11:29 PM
ha me a burgo cut one of these up lol

More fool you pair then lol lol

davidfox280585
27-06-10, 11:31 PM
ebay is a joke for buying odd bargain like my 99p cav gsi bonnet, i took a set of mk4 astra irmscher skirts off a car he charged me 20 quid for them, put them on ebay sold for 180 i was well pleased i never even had an astra thought they might make me 20 30 quid profit on ebay

Mike
27-06-10, 11:33 PM
ebay is a joke for buying odd bargain like my 99p cav gsi bonnet, i took a set of mk4 astra irmscher skirts off a car he charged me 20 quid for them, put them on ebay sold for 180 i was well pleased i never even had an astra thought they might make me 20 30 quid profit on ebay

Just a normal day for me mate ;) lol

Thing is tho, if you wise up & use eBay at certains times on certain days you can blag proper bargains providing what you want is for sale. At the eBay seminars at the NIA, they tell you when NOT to list items (as obviously they end at the same time you list, just 3 5 7 or 10 days later respectivly).

Jack
27-06-10, 11:34 PM
True, if I was to buy another 2dr saloon my budget would be around £200-500 depending on condition and engine. If I was to sell mine though, I would ask big money as there's bound to be someone out there who would pay it.

...and before you ask Roth, the answer is no. lol

General Baxter
27-06-10, 11:35 PM
True, if I was to buy another 2dr saloon my budget would be around £200-500 depending on condition and engine. If I was to sell mine though, I would ask big money as there's bound to be someone out there who would pay it.

jack yours is not worth a lot of money, i mean come on, you cant even shut the bloody bonnet lol

Mike
27-06-10, 11:36 PM
^Everything has a price to some one tho.

Sloth
27-06-10, 11:42 PM

balls. :( like i said in shat browns thread, i watched a z20ler and a slightly burnt z20let go for £200 last week. i also saw a z16ler go for £82 last month. if i ever won the lottery id buy all the sports i could and break em, as £5 says i'd sell every part for its asking. same with xe'd gsi's, as dwayne and his mates would buy the bits well fast mate innit bruv y0. brrrrraaap.
as for c20let's, always have been and always will be overpriced fragile ****.

yes, ive had my cage rattled.....:thumb:

Archie
28-06-10, 12:07 AM
Broke2 corsa GSI's recently and made a good few quid.

Sold front bumper off 1 for £180, sold other front & skirts for £250.

If people are willing to pay :D ....

Sloth
28-06-10, 08:48 AM
corsa gsi partys will always make top dollar. cant understand why no-one makes pattern gsi kits tbh. i sold some gsi corsa jacking point covers for £60 last week.

blue_peg_16v
28-06-10, 09:27 AM
used to hate them things when i had my gsi forever falling off in the end i took them off and just put them on at shows

Edd
28-06-10, 09:50 AM
Nova parts are only going to get more expensive IMO

Rare parts are going for silly money already, Shat Brown with headlight protectors for a ton, WTF, some completly f*cked Sport interior sold on eBay for £200 spring to mind.

Then again if people are stupid enough to pay these prices then the prices will only rise further.

Thank fook iv got all the rare bits for my Sport, some twice over lol

Mazz
28-06-10, 10:02 AM
That's just being greedy

MattBrown
28-06-10, 10:03 AM
Nova parts are only going to get more expensive IMO

Rare parts are going for silly money already, Shat Brown with headlight protectors for a ton, WTF, some completly f*cked Sport interior sold on eBay for £200 spring to mind.

Then again if people are stupid enough to pay these prices then the prices will only rise further.

Thank fook iv got all the rare bits for my Sport, some twice over lol

Didnt you pay alot for your interior though? £350IIRC?

Now to me, a mint interior is worth that all day long.

But, if I offered you some brand new bits to make your sport 1% nicer, would you buy them? Say brand new seats or something?

If you want it, you have to just buy it:d

Edd
28-06-10, 10:06 AM
Not really IMO, take the brown rear quarter cards for example, they have the cardboard backing which the vinyl ALWAYS lifts off, iv got a spare set for when they do.

As prices go up I will be happy that I won't have to break the bank for a part that people used to put in the bin.

MattBrown
28-06-10, 10:08 AM
Not really IMO, take the brown rear quarter cards for example, they have the cardboard backing which the vinyl ALWAYS lifts off, iv got a spare set for when they do.

As prices go up I will be happy that I won't have to break the bank for a part that people used to put in the bin.

Your point there well said:thumb:

USED TO BIN!

Expensive cars are always looked after etc, such as how many bentleys, ferraris etc go to the scrappers? Not many.

Its because people throw them away that they become rare:cool:

muzzy
28-06-10, 10:08 AM
Some parts go for crazy money but that's because people will pay it. Obviously the rarer items are worth it all day long but when you see a gear gaitor going for £30 you start to wonder if people are just going mental.

I've tried to price things reasonably well so I can sell them, I'd rather sell heaps of parts for a sensible price than sell a few things for loads of money and then have a massive pile of useless car parts left over.

Edd
28-06-10, 10:09 AM
Yeah I agree Matt, if there is something special I need I would pay top money for it, sorted some mint Sport door cards from Offplot other day and they wernt cheap lol but some people are paying stupid money for tat.

I sold a interior for £350, the bought it back for alot less lol

craig green
28-06-10, 11:10 AM
Everyone wants what they can't have IMO. Therfore when stuff becomes rare, it then becomes sought after. Thus prices rise.

As Edd said, a10 years ago everyone was binning or burning SR parts, brown chequered interiors etc. People realise its getting thin on the ground & voila you have a situation where a couple old original cars suddenly turn heads because no one has seen anything like it in a few years & the prices rocket.

I wish I had a crystal ball to see how long it will take for all the GSi parts to become rare & sought after in the same way. 5 years ago a mk1 was in the minority at the shows, now mk2's are looking rarer.

MK999
28-06-10, 11:50 AM
Everyone wants what they can't have IMO. Therfore when stuff becomes rare, it then becomes sought after. Thus prices rise.

As Edd said, a10 years ago everyone was binning or burning SR parts, brown chequered interiors etc. People realise its getting thin on the ground & voila you have a situation where a couple old original cars suddenly turn heads because no one has seen anything like it in a few years & the prices rocket.

I wish I had a crystal ball to see how long it will take for all the GSi parts to become rare & sought after in the same way. 5 years ago a mk1 was in the minority at the shows, now mk2's are looking rarer.

Personally I think its now at the point where the Novas appeal comes from the fact that it's an older, retro car, so the mk1 will always be the more sought after of the two. Depends how rare and sought after you mean though I guess, I've wanted an Opel Manta for a year or 2 now, and although the Manta B's are sought after, the Manta A is the one that really turns heads most of the time, I have 2 sat behind my PC screen atm lol

MattBrown
28-06-10, 12:52 PM
Yeah I agree Matt, if there is something special I need I would pay top money for it, sorted some mint Sport door cards from Offplot other day and they wernt cheap lol but some people are paying stupid money for tat.

I sold a interior for £350, the bought it back for alot less lol

So, what your saying, is "I" take the pish, selling something for £100, but your ok to ask £350 for something?

Im totally lost here, as yours is "only an interior" yet mine sold within afew days, and the lad is very happy to have some:roll:

Edd
28-06-10, 01:01 PM
So, what your saying, is "I" take the pish, selling something for £100, but your ok to ask £350 for something?

Im totally lost here, as yours is "only an interior" yet mine sold within afew days, and the lad is very happy to have some:roll:

No wasnt saying that at all, people will pay a ton for headlight protectors because there rare, they all sell for that, imo its WAY over the top, but lately people have being buying stuff for top dollar thats ruined. Thats what i meant.

mowgli
28-06-10, 01:07 PM
as parts get rarer, then prices go up. simple economics.

but some bits are just getting crazy........

i blame mike......

Edd
28-06-10, 01:10 PM
i blame mike......

what for ?

getting people to 'bid up' all of his listing perhaps ? lol

Jack
28-06-10, 01:12 PM
Anyone wanna buy some rust? Genuine 1988 GM oxidization, some parts may contain traces of renault sh!tty blue paint lol

MK999
28-06-10, 01:13 PM
Anyone wanna buy some rust? Genuine 1988 GM oxidization, some parts may contain traces of renault sh!tty blue paint lol

5p at billing for at least 100grams of genuine rust in a sealed envelope?

Dom
so what bits do I want to be buying dirt cheap from local scrappy to sell on??

mowgli
i wouldn't lower myself to accuse him of such things, but his stuff does have a remarkable habit of being rare & sells for way more than i think

mowgli
28-06-10, 01:14 PM
5p at billing for at least 100grams of genuine rust in a sealed envelope?

you can get it free at billing, just lurk in the carpark & wait for a door to slam

Sloth
28-06-10, 01:56 PM
it makes me laugh, nip to upullit, they charge £100 no matter what for an engine, be it a reno 5 1.1 or a jag 4.2. i have and will continue to buy stuff there and sell it on, cos its easy cash. anyone want some 2.0 16v calipers? £20 a pair. only cost me a tenner. cheapewr than all the knobs on ebay. :d

MattBrown
28-06-10, 03:55 PM
it makes me laugh, nip to upullit, they charge £100 no matter what for an engine, be it a reno 5 1.1 or a jag 4.2. i have and will continue to buy stuff there and sell it on, cos its easy cash. anyone want some 2.0 16v calipers? £20 a pair. only cost me a tenner. cheapewr than all the knobs on ebay. :d

Exactly.

If I buy something for £10, does that mean I sell it for £10? erm no, I sell it for what its worth, weather it be 50p, or £5000lol

wwmnw
28-06-10, 04:00 PM
you can get it free at billing, just lurk in the carpark & wait for a door to slam

lollollol I shut my door a while ago, then opened it for something and a big patch fell off the underside of my door. Wuz like, oh **** :tard:

Sloth
28-06-10, 04:05 PM
was it pedobear hanging under teh car?

L14MNP
28-06-10, 04:13 PM

Exactly this mate.

Plus Jap and German for the most part.

I never understand people moaning about Vaux prices (overall) the dealers are cheap as p!ss too. i find it's people that have never owned anything else are usually the ones to moan.

Pricing of sought after second hand parts is different, but most are very cheap considering.

Sloth
28-06-10, 04:27 PM
i agree limp, who here would cough up £523 inc vat, exchange for an alt? thats what a gen 6 celica one is from toyota. or how about lexus ls400 disks and pads? a snip at £329 + vat for the lot. even vw are getting greedy, £198 + vat for a passat 2.0 tdi cambelt kit. vaux is dirt cheap compared to that lot. yeah pattern is cheaper but not by much. (that alt above is £368 inc vat pattern, exchange) so paying good money for decent bits is ok, but paying £1300 for a rough, shagged, abused, dead let is like a barbwire pull through, hurts like hell, and is a pain in the ass forever.

Mike
28-06-10, 04:53 PM
what for ?

getting people to 'bid up' all of his listing perhaps ? lol

Stopped doing shÃ*t like that when I was 19ish (had an account suspended), im now 24 & on the 3rd account (2nd was a powerseller shop). I sell things with very effective marketing practices, the same applies to the business for my day to day job.

Its not just car parts Ive made silly money from in the past either, a 13ft trampoline that was used & still sold £170 (was £135 new), a FUBAR'd 1000cc Seadoo engine that made nearly £800, a 300ml can of genuine GM Vauxhall Glacier white for £18 etc etc

i blame mike......

lol lol

Whilst some one else is on about Ford parts tho, I sold a complete YBT motor last year(no MT box tho) with a genuine 330bhp ATF, been sat on a pallet & not run since 1994 for a lot more then a Z/LET

mowgli
28-06-10, 05:07 PM
Whilst some one else is on about Ford parts tho, I sold a complete YBT motor last year(no MT box tho) with a genuine 330bhp ATF, been sat on a pallet & not run since 1994 for a lot more then a Z/LET

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/content/images/2007/08/13/steptoe_465x345.jpg

Mike
28-06-10, 05:22 PM
^

lol @ steptoe lol

tom reid
28-06-10, 05:35 PM
No-one has mentioned any other parts that are going to increase in price as time goes by, other than the obvious stuff, and I'm waiting to see how much of the stuff you mention, I might have.
I just can't understand why folk pay silly prices for headlight protecters, when a new MK1 headlight is still available at 32 quid, It just doesn't make sense, mind you, neither does ebay.Iv'e lost count the number of times Iv'e offered a price to end the auction early, they say "let the auction run it's course", and I end up getting it for less than I originally offered lmao

MattBrown
28-06-10, 05:37 PM
No-one has mentioned any other parts that are going to increase in price as time goes by, other than the obvious stuff, and I'm waiting to see how much of the stuff you mention, I might have.
I just can't understand why folk pay silly prices for headlight protecters, when a new MK1 headlight is still available at 32 quid, It just doesn't make sense, mind you, neither does ebay.Iv'e lost count the number of times Iv'e offered a price to end the auction early, they say "let the auction run it's course", and I end up getting it for less than I originally offered lmao

But thats stupid:roll:

Like saying why buy a bonnet bra, when a bonnet is only £87 new?

A new headlight, isnt headlight protectors, and will never look as good, as a new headlight, shed with protectors:thumb:

Mike
28-06-10, 05:43 PM

A new headlight, isnt headlight protectors, and will never look as good, as a new headlight, shed with protectors:thumb:

Nothing but scene whores & wannabes IMHO.

EVERYONE knows, less is more. And if you look hard enough, you can get anything cheap cheap. That 15 inch RFX rim in my avatar, I had 8 of them for less then the price of an XE & F20 (and promptly sold 4 of them for more then I paid for all 8)

mowgli
28-06-10, 05:46 PM
the thing about a bonnet bra is that theres usually at least one tit behind it.....

Sloth
28-06-10, 06:03 PM
Nothing but scene whores & wannabes IMHO.

bang on the money, it is the above that fuel egay etc. i prefer gumtree and such for real bargains. also freecycle is immense, a mate here in hull got a rotten but mechanically sound cav gsi for £30, which was for the petrol in the tank. any cheap valver gen? :d

davidfox280585
28-06-10, 06:20 PM
cavalier gsi 4x4 175 quid ebay i few year ago, also my nova cab 107 quid lol

AlexW
28-06-10, 06:31 PM

This i do not agree with, bonnet = £90, Pro top notch paint job, £200?. Bonnet Bra, £50.

Sloth
28-06-10, 06:32 PM
yeah but bonnet bras are for gayers....

MattBrown
28-06-10, 06:43 PM
This i do not agree with, bonnet = £90, Pro top notch paint job, £200?. Bonnet Bra, £50.

£200 to paint a bonnet? ****ING lol

Im having the whole car, including bay done for £300:thumb:

By a pro, who is very good looking;)

AlexW
28-06-10, 06:43 PM
I mean for the average person who dont know that gayboy.

L33 LEG
28-06-10, 07:07 PM
Are people in here saying novas are expensive for parts? :wtf:

You could build a decent spec'd nova for around £1k including buying a shell ffs lol

Can buy a decent set of wheels for £100, full rollcages can be picked up for £150, 150bhp engines are a few hundred quid each, uprated brakes for £20. People every week are scrapping solid enough shells or giving them away. Suspension, full interiors, everything is dirt cheap. Ye you get the odd rare thing going for what most people would class as a rip off, but if it's rare and you want it then buy it, no matter what you will always be able to sell again for a profit imo with parts getting rarer and the demand for them.

mayhem
28-06-10, 07:28 PM
lol

honda boys pay 3000 euro for a b18b engine... that has les torque than then a abused c20xe

Mike
28-06-10, 08:25 PM
lol

honda boys pay 3000 euro for a b18b engine... that has les torque than then a abused c20xe

But x1000000000000000 tuneability factor lol lol

Andy
28-06-10, 08:28 PM
have a little look on the bay at Rs spares.If you think rare nova bits are dear then go and bang your heads lol

davidfox280585
28-06-10, 08:33 PM
lee leg is right think i have around a grand in the xe cab finished which i think is nothing if you price all parts up new on there own

MattBrown
28-06-10, 08:36 PM
Are people in here saying novas are expensive for parts? :wtf:

You could build a decent spec'd nova for around £1k including buying a shell ffs lol

Can buy a decent set of wheels for £100, full rollcages can be picked up for £150, 150bhp engines are a few hundred quid each, uprated brakes for £20. People every week are scrapping solid enough shells or giving them away. Suspension, full interiors, everything is dirt cheap. Ye you get the odd rare thing going for what most people would class as a rip off, but if it's rare and you want it then buy it, no matter what you will always be able to sell again for a profit imo with parts getting rarer and the demand for them.

AMEN to that!

Theyre pennies, unless you wana go big.

Like anything, if you want the best, you gotta pay:d

BRoadGhost
28-06-10, 09:12 PM
My very first car [MK1 1200 Y reg nova] had rear openers.

I wonder why I remembered that & what was I doing..? ;P

MattBrown
28-06-10, 09:16 PM

If you were w@nking then im worried :thumb:

Andy
28-06-10, 09:48 PM

playing with ya chod in a bit of cock and ball torture?

Tony M
28-06-10, 10:25 PM
I wonder how many original mk1 1.0 engines are left, might de-tune mine the next time it breaks?

I weighed mine in for £15 the other month .... :roll:

mk1nova_rich
29-06-10, 01:44 AM
have a little look on the bay at Rs spares.If you think rare nova bits are dear then go and bang your heads lol

couldnt agree more. Uncracked Series 1 dash for £429 anyone??

L14MNP
29-06-10, 03:24 PM
AMEN to that!

Theyre pennies, unless you wana go big.

Like anything, if you want the best, you gotta pay:d

Even if you do go 'big. All of the Nova specific parts you run still cost FA.

have a word lads! GM parts are SFA. lol

davidfox280585
29-06-10, 03:31 PM
couldnt agree more. Uncracked Series 1 dash for £429 anyone??
My mate paid 120 quid for saff cos skirt fitting kit

L14MNP
29-06-10, 03:34 PM
RS prices FTL! Although I have been reminded of the stunning white RS1600i I saw last Monday morning. Standard (looking) as you like. Minty fresh too!

Damn I love those things. :)

novarally
29-06-10, 04:07 PM

Absolutely correct, and thank God they are, as I have a Mk.1 Escort Mexico with a Cosworth YB turbo lump in it to sell soon.

Andy
29-06-10, 04:10 PM
Absolutely correct, and thank God they are, as I have a Mk.1 Escort Mexico with a Cosworth YB turbo lump in it to sell soon.
Please put some pics up of it:d :d :d
There is some ford lovers on here;)

Sloth
29-06-10, 04:19 PM
if its a true mex, surely its worth more with the proper motor? not having a go, just a genuine question

novarally
29-06-10, 04:20 PM
Please put some pics up of it:d :d :d
There is some ford lovers on here;)

One to whet the appetite.........

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/hillclimbescort/MK1cos20019.jpg

Andy
29-06-10, 04:21 PM
One to whet the appetite.........

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/hillclimbescort/MK1cos20019.jpg
truly beautiful.What id do for that

novarally
29-06-10, 04:21 PM
truly beautiful.What id do for that

Simple, give me lots of cash!

Andy
29-06-10, 04:22 PM
lol i would if i had it spare!!

Edd
29-06-10, 04:45 PM
That Mexico looks awesome !!!

Dom
29-06-10, 07:31 PM
That is truly stunning:d
Oh how I wish I had kept my mk2 Tina:cry: but I was young and niave and replaced it with a nova sr:eek:

Andy
29-06-10, 07:46 PM
That is truly stunning:d
Oh how I wish I had kept my mk2 Tina:cry: but I was young and niave and replaced it with a nova sr:eek:
oh how we fail when were young

Mike
29-06-10, 08:44 PM

+1, R5 GTT here

mayhem
29-06-10, 09:45 PM
you can have my nova, my astra mk1 and both my testicles for that escort!

but i dont get the whole expensive thing... nova parts are cheap and easy to find.
opening rear quarters is hard, but there are a lot of easy to find parts.

i need loads of parts for my astra mk1,, there all NLS.

and there easy things... topmounts, NLS, i tried opel dealer and 3 other carpart specialists.
i had to go into germany to find my exhaust! just cause i have the early 1.2s, the exhaust is different. everywhere it was NLS.

Jack
29-06-10, 10:19 PM
Meh, am I the only person in this universe who doesn't really see the attraction of escorts? :confused:

Only Ford worth having wears a running horse on the nose.

Mike
29-06-10, 10:21 PM
Meh, am I the only person in this universe who doesn't really see the attraction of escorts? :confused:

Only old Escorts for me (preferably female ones for me tho) lol lol

Cle
29-06-10, 10:23 PM
ive moved my interests at the mo to escort's im might be getting a mk2 for gravel sprints to see if im any good then maybe doin rally's. Car is a project as it is in bits and needs work done but was a beast when it was still rallying :)

craig green
29-06-10, 10:26 PM
i have the early 1.2s, the exhaust is different. everywhere it was NLS.

Is that the OHV?

Jack I dont really see the appeal of RWD Escorts either, though if you were 10 years older it might be different.

I think Mexico's & RS2000's ec do ooze period appeal, the stripes, colours, seat cloth etc. They all tick the boxes IMO.

I think the 1st cars to capture my heart though were mk1 & mk2 Astra GTE's, usually white ones with the white wheels.

mayhem
29-06-10, 10:45 PM
yes, 1.2 S ohv. the 80 and 81 version has a different downpipe and exhaust. the 'newer' 1.2 ohv exhaust are still available for astra mk1.

Sloth
30-06-10, 08:42 AM

+2 mint cond 106 xsi phase 1 for a nova 1.2....

davidfox280585
30-06-10, 08:48 AM
+2 mint cond 106 xsi phase 1 for a nova 1.2....
i agree rob i swapped my immaculate no rust whatsoever nova gte in red all standard for a 106xsi 1.6 version slightly damaged as it was worth a lot more at the time,i could hit myself for doing that now but i was young and foolish

only gave £500 for the nova from my girlfriends dad who had it sat in his garage

Dom
30-06-10, 11:28 PM
you can have my nova, my astra mk1 and both my testicles for that escort!

but i dont get the whole expensive thing... nova parts are cheap and easy to find.
opening rear quarters is hard, but there are a lot of easy to find parts.

i need loads of parts for my astra mk1,, there all NLS.

and there easy things... topmounts, NLS, i tried opel dealer and 3 other carpart specialists.
i had to go into germany to find my exhaust! just cause i have the early 1.2s, the exhaust is different. everywhere it was NLS.

I know what you mean about the astra top mounts they are nowhere to be found. Along with gte fuel tank senders:roll:

MattBrown
30-06-10, 11:33 PM
MK1 escort mexico will be the next project, after the boost slut.

Always will love them, and always will have one, when im a tad older:)

mowgli
01-07-10, 07:40 AM
I know what you mean about the astra top mounts they are nowhere to be found. Along with gte fuel tank senders:roll:

surely you can still get mk2 astra tanks/senders? cos they are a straight fit.....

bazil
01-07-10, 08:13 AM
Ok don't get me wrong the escort is nice but I prefer the engine in one to be of a better or more approrate era ie bda/g but then again I've seen a bdg for £14,000 FIR THE ENGINE ONLY!!!
LET's will never ever ever be worth that, unless it's got a gazillion bhp

but let's face it, if you can't afford the nova prices then get a corsa lol

mowgli
01-07-10, 08:22 AM
bda engines are the triggers brush of the tuning world these days........ they will all have new blocks & cranks, simply because they were built for competition & used for it...

there are way better & cheaper engines, but if you want big money, authentic is where its at with an escort........

i owned a mk2 4 door for a week in 1990, it was totally rotten underneath, but it was great fun to drive.... why did I get rid of it???? why did i not think 7 kit car??

bazil
01-07-10, 09:03 AM
I'd love to see a mk1/2 scort estate or van with a bdg,
but the ford boys really do go over the top with prices but then again recently I saw a series1 RS turbo custom for sale at £30k! I don't beleive any early 80's vauxhalls will make that sort of money, then there is the "holy Grail" RS500 in moonstone blue for sale at near £60k, you start to realise why the ford stuff makes such high a high price. And if you really are mental a RS200E well POA ( if you have to ask then you can't afford ) I do like the old fords but old vauxhalls will always beat them in only 1 area! Ours are cheaper.

muzzy
01-07-10, 10:44 AM
The cost of buying and "modifying" Vauxhall's, - Nova's in particular was the main reason I got into them in the first place. OK so the price of buying them has gone up quite a bit as has parts but you will struggle to find another marque that is as cheap as Vauxhall's are.

mowgli
01-07-10, 10:52 AM
cheap is still possible....my running budget for mine is counted in zimbabwean shillings....... all my available real money is spent keeping my family in the manner they are accustomed to, ie: squalor & poverty....

if i wanted to do anything serious to mine, i would probably have to save for several years. as it is, i am trying to find a grand to tidy & respray it properly.