PDA

View Full Version : help please

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
26-06-10, 04:57 PM
Right run the car (1.2carb) today but found that the top rad hose was blown up like a bloon at oprating temp, what does this mean is it perssure cap ****ed or is it thermostat and if it is thermostat whats the gasket called that is behind the housing thanks rob :thumb:

davidfox280585
26-06-10, 04:59 PM
thermostat housing gasket?

sounds like a blocked rad,h/g gone or thermostat not opening

edit if the top hose is blown id say head gasket as the stat holds water circulating to get upto temp quicker then opens to let the water to the rad id say headgasket
ideally you need someone to check it physically first before ripping it to bits

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
26-06-10, 04:59 PM
should i back flush it incase its blocked ?

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
26-06-10, 05:01 PM
thermostat housing gasket?

sounds like a blocked rad,h/g gone or thermostat not opening

tah for reply well on my 1.2 my therostat is like on the side of engine behind the cam belt 2 bolts holing it in place i havent took it off yet as i wanted to get info off here thanks rob

davidfox280585
26-06-10, 05:03 PM
tah for reply well on my 1.2 my therostat is like on the side of engine behind the cam belt 2 bolts holing it in place i havent took it off yet as i wanted to get info off here thanks rob

that sounds like your waterpump lol

the thermostat should be from your housing to the top of the radiator:thumb:

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
26-06-10, 05:04 PM
that sounds like your waterpump lol

the thermostat should be from your housing to the top of the radiator:thumb:

i thought that but there wasnt one there lol

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
26-06-10, 05:12 PM
heres a quik pic mate

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w221/djvausey/thermostat.jpg

AlexW
26-06-10, 05:35 PM
thermostat is on the side of the head.

if the engine runs fine and temp dont go up high it just sounds like a ****ty pipe

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
26-06-10, 05:53 PM
thermostat is on the side of the head.

if the engine runs fine and temp dont go up high it just sounds like a ****ty pipe

ok pal well weres the thermostat then where i thought behind cam belt ot at end of the top rad pipe? and what ill do ill fuch system as the pipe is ****ed and might have sent some ****e rpound engine.

chrisnieldgte
26-06-10, 08:41 PM
the thermostat is exactly where your pic says it is matey. i head to take my engine out today and had to remove thermostat housing with them 2 bolts you say about. thermostat fell out when i did.
hoses being blown up sounds like heed gasket tho :(

General Baxter
26-06-10, 08:46 PM
replace the bloody hose,

they do go weak and crappy

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-06-10, 12:59 AM
the thermostat is exactly where your pic says it is matey. i head to take my engine out today and had to remove thermostat housing with them 2 bolts you say about. thermostat fell out when i did.
hoses being blown up sounds like heed gasket tho :(

thnks for reply and oh god hope it int HG car did smoke like a bitch but car hasnt been driven for about year :/ ta rob:thumb:

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-06-10, 01:00 AM
replace the bloody hose,

they do go weak and crappy

well just wanted to confirem sp first but could it be water pump as its been stoof for wile and that

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-06-10, 01:03 AM
Also chrisnieldgte i drained water and wasnt nothing init and no gamy grap on cap and in exsp tank hope its just a ****s hose or stat cba with HG change Lol