PDA

View Full Version : Power steering

fastcar1cars
26-06-10, 02:41 PM
hello think of putting a power steering system in to a nova!! now ive searched all through the old threads and found there to be two systems!

1) wet rack from corsa b used with citroen/peugoet electric pump
2) corsa steering colum with pump

which system is best for say parking and driving fast? which system instals easier? any more info on either??
cheers

w88rdy
26-06-10, 02:51 PM
electric setup from corsa seems to be the one alot use, i have one from the blue nova that we arnt using for sale complete.

fastcar1cars
26-06-10, 03:04 PM
paul i need to stop buying stuff from you! everything i want you have (still no sign of wheels though mate!!)!! lol!

with the colum one dont you need to use a diffrent transducer or ebay controler? also the dash would need to come out yeah??
thinking a modded corsa rack and saxo pump may be eaiser??

Mark
26-06-10, 04:04 PM
paul i need to stop buying stuff from you! everything i want you have (still no sign of wheels though mate!!)!! lol!

with the colum one dont you need to use a diffrent transducer or ebay controler? also the dash would need to come out yeah??
thinking a modded corsa rack and saxo pump may be eaiser??

Pretty sure his has a controller and no the dash needs modding slightly but stays in.

w88rdy
26-06-10, 04:08 PM
the car had no mods to the dash that i could see when we took it out,tbh i dont see the need for power steering on the nova but each to there own lol

pikey1986
26-06-10, 04:17 PM
the car had no mods to the dash that i could see when we took it out,tbh i dont see the need for power steering on the nova but each to there own lol

:thumb:

bazil
26-06-10, 04:21 PM

I'm going epas only because doing a 3 point turn in a nova with 16" speedlines and a quickrack ain't fun for a skinny mofo like me lol

Mark
26-06-10, 04:24 PM
I'm doing it.....'cos I want to..

AlexW
26-06-10, 04:36 PM
There both similar prices too, Rack/pump setup can be picked up for about £50 then you just need custom pipework.

Doing the Corsa rack + saxo/106 setup on my corsa atm.

Jack
26-06-10, 04:40 PM
I'm going epas only because doing a 3 point turn in a nova with 16" speedlines and a quickrack ain't fun for a skinny mofo like me lol
Psh, if I can handle a V6 with fat tyres and no PAS... lol

Mark
26-06-10, 04:44 PM
Psh, if I can handle a V6 with fat tyres and no PAS... lol

And he doesn't use his hands, only his massive member lol

fastcar1cars
26-06-10, 04:50 PM
I'm doing it.....'cos I want to..
how you doin it mate??

so to remove steering colum you wouldnt need to take the dash out??

what works best corsa rack+ saxo pump or corsa colum??
cheers everyone!!

AlexW
26-06-10, 04:52 PM
dash needs to come out, weld in a new bracket, buy controller, wire it all in. Needs to be Corsa B aswell, Corsa C is different.

Apparently the fluid setup gives more feel, on a nova though ive just rememberd you need to have the rack arms shortend, Craig Green done the fluid setup on his nova, recently sold the bits on ebay though!

fastcar1cars
26-06-10, 04:57 PM
yeah but on colum setups cant you adjust the sensortivity (sp) using the controller??

craig green
26-06-10, 05:33 PM
If you run a controller with the EPAS (powered column), you manually adjust the assistance ie full on for parking. All the way off for high speeds.
If you use a transducer on the gearbox, the EPAS's ECU will vary the assistance for you according to speed.

The wet rack setup felt awesome IMO. It obviously had stacks of assistance for parking & felt fine at high speeds etc. It didnt have any undue effect on the car & I miss it in the nova I have now which feels pants in comparison.

AlexW
26-06-10, 05:36 PM
The column's ive been told give poor feedback in standard corsa's never driven one myself so cant say for sure.

Edd
26-06-10, 05:38 PM
IMO there is no point in fitting a ePas column if you dont use a AK - 15 IMP transducer, which gives the correct pulse for the columns ecu.

bazil
26-06-10, 11:05 PM
IMO there is no point in fitting a ePas column if you dont use a AK - 15 IMP transducer, which gives the correct pulse for the columns ecu.

do you know what "imp" the 1.2 vss or f20 digi drive vss are?
That is my 2 options for vss but I know little about them.

smitla1
01-07-10, 08:12 PM
hi mate i get the gist from the thread that you are intrested in getting powered steering in your nova. i have a colum in my garage that i took of my gsi. its great comes with the ecu and switch so can be turned up and down as you require it and it really simply to fit. if your intrested pm me

fastcar1cars
03-07-10, 02:13 PM
brought craig's old setup! Cheers