PDA

View Full Version : dash probs urgent

novaboy_southwest
07-05-03, 05:13 PM
right just put new dash in mk1 with rev counter i got rev counter working but there is a spare cable is this the oil gauge as oil gauge dont work and how the fuck do i get it back in (the dash) it is same size and shape just cant get it back in urgent reply plz

ade
07-05-03, 06:26 PM
when you say new dash, do you mean the whole mk2 dash in place of the mk1 one or just the doals?

If youve fitted the dials, its poss that the spare wires from the oil sensor.

Dunno though.

It shuld fit back in however I know of peeps who have had probs - summut to do with a support bar being in the way...

Sorry cannae be more help

Ade

novaboy_southwest
07-05-03, 07:54 PM
the dials and prob now solved yes the support eas in way well speedo cable stoping dials go bk to solve the prob re route speedo cable under support and bk into back of dials if u know what i mean yes it was oil pressure (spare cable ) but not connected as needle on dial is permantly in middle of gauge even when ignition off

dathers
08-05-03, 12:31 AM
you probably need to fit an oil pressure sender in place of the oil pressure switch that you will have to make the gauge work right.
Dave

mikeoxford
08-05-03, 12:32 AM
nova-land.com > how to guides> engine > replacing your oil pressure switch

novaboy_southwest
08-05-03, 12:34 AM
cheers mike but its not the pressure switch its the actuall dial it was tuck in the middle when i got it 2nd hand

dathers
08-05-03, 01:26 AM
Ive seen loads of nova oil pressure gauges that stay in the middle with ignition off,mine included,but they work fine when engine is running.
If your car didnt come with the presure gauge as standard im sure you have to replace the pressure switch with a pressure sender.
Dave

novaboy_southwest
08-05-03, 01:31 AM
its all been done previous as my mate done it before i brought it every thibg worked fine untill he broke the plastic cover doing white dials and now i have replaced it and oil gauge stays in middle and dont move so i disconnected it