PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox diff?

Damo
25-06-10, 09:13 PM
Right just after a bit of advise really ive an f16 gearbox on my nova and ive got a bit of un and down movement on the inner cv-gearbox join does this indicate a worn diff bearing?

Ive no whineing or owt though.

Damo.

david dixon
27-06-10, 01:11 AM
could be, take the joints out the box and see if you can move the diff at all, if you can then they bearings are shot!

David.

Damo
27-06-10, 09:56 AM
could be, take the joints out the box and see if you can move the diff at all, if you can then they bearings are shot!

David.

Ive had the shafts out david and i carnt feel any "loose" movement in the diff at all????

david dixon
27-06-10, 10:47 AM
hmmm well if you want to check for sure then remove the diff plate under the box and get hold of it with your hands and see if it moves although you probably will need a new gasket when refitting or put a inner joint in one side and wiggle it about while watching the otherside to see if the diff moves.

David.

Damo
27-06-10, 12:18 PM
hmmm well if you want to check for sure then remove the diff plate under the box and get hold of it with your hands and see if it moves although you probably will need a new gasket when refitting or put a inner joint in one side and wiggle it about while watching the otherside to see if the diff moves.

David.

Ive wiggled the diff david and theres no movement in it its soild so im baffled but its not causing me any trouble so im not worried tbh.