PDA

View Full Version : fuel set up

-JELLY-
25-06-10, 02:42 AM
can i use a standard xe pump from alloy tank to separate swirl pot on my let fuel set up then my 044 from there or do i need to buy a percifc lifter pump? facet redtop or sumthing? car will be 400bhp :thumb:

mowgli
26-06-10, 11:34 AM
ok, you are fitting an ally tank then a swirl pot.

where is the swirl pot being fitted?

you need to use a low pressure feed pump from the tank to the swirl pot, ie: a facet redtop, and a good filter.

from the swirlpot you need a high pressure pump.. even a stock gm one would feed enough fuel for 400hp

-JELLY-
27-06-10, 12:33 AM
ok, you are fitting an ally tank then a swirl pot.

where is the swirl pot being fitted?

you need to use a low pressure feed pump from the tank to the swirl pot, ie: a facet redtop, and a good filter.

from the swirlpot you need a high pressure pump.. even a stock gm one would feed enough fuel for 400hp

yes alloy tank then swirl pot.. wot filter you recommend using other than a gm 1? i dont hav a pump at all at the mo so lookin to buy a 044 maybe straight off.. i thort standard pumps wernt to good after 300hp? :thumb:

david dixon
27-06-10, 01:09 AM
Yeah i wouldn't use one for much more than that tbh.

If you need a pump i have a brand new 305ltr/hr pump for £70 posted if you interested.

David.

-JELLY-
27-06-10, 11:48 AM
Yeah i wouldn't use one for much more than that tbh.

If you need a pump i have a brand new 305ltr/hr pump for £70 posted if you interested.

David.

wot make pump isit dave? :thumb:

david dixon
27-06-10, 06:59 PM
its one of these mate

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Walbro-Fuel-Pump-305-LPH-INLINE-UNIVERSAL-External-/150368476314?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2302a8dc9a

David.

Paul
27-06-10, 07:03 PM

Nonsense.

Get a beefy pump from the swirlpot to the engine, and renew the wires using nice thick new wire, make sure you have at least 12V at the pump from the live.

As for the lift pump, a facet redtop is ideal, the XE/LET Pump is a bit overkill for that.