PDA

View Full Version : Are 1.0ltr servo's and 1.2ltr ones that same?

BIGS
23-06-10, 11:10 PM
Need to know as my 1.2 servo has packed in and its the same shape one forsale but 1ltr. Will it fit?

craig green
23-06-10, 11:17 PM
Prolly the same if it looks it.

I've had issues with master cylinders being different, so after swapping a servo, needing the MC from the same car also. The bolt centres on the mounting studs can be different.

AlexW
23-06-10, 11:19 PM
I have GSi one for sale.

Riggy
24-06-10, 09:15 PM
all nova ones should be the same mate :Thumb: , unless it was an early one or a gte/gsi , but there a diferent shape or larger respectivly

will still fit though

BIGS
26-06-10, 06:13 PM
Prolly the same if it looks it.

I've had issues with master cylinders being different, so after swapping a servo, needing the MC from the same car also. The bolt centres on the mounting studs can be different.

Well the mounting bolts are the same. its the m/c that seems longer on mine to the gte one. looks like the brake lines need to go back around 2" to fit the gte one! And i couldnt put the m/c from the 1.2 one onto the gte one as it didnt fit :confused:

BIGS
26-06-10, 06:14 PM
I have GSi one for sale.

Cheers for the offer but i already have a gte one :thumb:

BIGS
26-06-10, 06:14 PM
all nova ones should be the same mate :Thumb: , unless it was an early one or a gte/gsi , but there a diferent shape or larger respectivly

will still fit though

Mine is a early one like the sport. The car is Y reg!

craig green
26-06-10, 06:19 PM
BIGS, just buy a servo & MC from the same source. Fit it all across to minimise any issues.

I will explain my findings...

On my B reg 1.2 the servo failed. I went to my scrappy & got a servo from a B or C reg iirc 1.2 Nova. We got home removed my servo bolted in the new one & then found my MC wouldnt mount to the new servo as the bolt spacing was different. Back to the scrapyard & purchased the MC that matched the new servo. Neither of these was the larger 1.6 style servo.

The irony is though. The servo failed again a year later & I got another, then changed the MC back to the original style (again). lol