PDA

View Full Version : Strippage + Speakers?

Nova_Sean
23-06-10, 10:14 PM
Thinking about false flooring my car and stripping it out, but want to keep my 6x9s...

What would be the best thing to do? I was thinking about false flooring it and and mounting them just behind my seat in the rear footwell.

Car is a 5door

Also, what would be the best material to use to false it? Will be carpeted probably using acoustic carpet/acoustic underlay

matt_vaughan
23-06-10, 10:44 PM
Little MDF speaker boxes, much like Sub boxes but made to 6x9 suitable size. Found easily on ebay or made using MDF even easier and cheaper.

craig green
23-06-10, 10:51 PM
6x9's are designed for free air enclosures though,, ie a large boot. Putting them in a box will not make the most of them, in which case you may aswell run some 5"s in a similar box.

Sean are you going to declare your stripped out cabin? Just a thought.

Personally I would ditch the 6x9's, run some 4" or 5" speakers in the doors or the footwells & have a sub flushed into a fibreglass moulded box in the spare wheel well. Failing that just a regular box with a false floor over it.

Nova_Sean
23-06-10, 10:54 PM
6x9's are designed for free air enclosures though,, ie a large boot. Putting them in a box will not make the most of them, in which case you may aswell run some 5"s in a similar box.

Sean are you going to declare your stripped out cabin? Just a thought.

Personally I would ditch the 6x9's, run some 4" or 5" speakers in the doors or the footwells & have a sub flushed into a fibreglass moulded box in the spare wheel well. Failing that just a regular box with a false floor over it.

No i hadnt planned too...

Ive just had my sub and amps half inched and im not exactly rich atm which is why i wanted to keep the 6x9's.

craig green
23-06-10, 10:57 PM
Fair enough, 6x9's are best bang for your buck. But they ideally need a large enclosure to make some bass in.

Sorry to hear about the theft. Keep the volume down in future!!

Nova_Sean
23-06-10, 10:58 PM
Keep the volume down in future!!

Aint that the truth lmao :(