PDA

View Full Version : fitting bucket seats

dtm
07-05-03, 01:43 PM
lads,
im thinking of fittin cobra (or similar) buckets into my nova but i want them to be very practical (get in the back easily)

has anyone put them onto the sr sub frames and is it much hassle to do?
i imagine that if i do i could slide them foward every time for someone to get into the back easily yes?
im fairly handy at the practical side of things and ive a rake of tools so a bit of work would not put me off.

the other option is to retrim my old sr seats but they are very 'wobbily' looking in the car, especially if you look at them from the rear glass, they tend to tilt towars the middle! i think solid bucket seats would tidy the interior up nicely.

pics appreciated!! :lol:

any other ideas lads?

cheers

NOVAS RULE
07-05-03, 08:54 PM
you can get tilting subframes but they are more expensive

blingmachine
07-05-03, 09:49 PM
basicly ur f*cked, titling sub frames won't help as the seat hits the roof befor theres enough room for some one to squeez in. your best bet is to get recliners but there well expensive.

i don't think that it's possible to have buckets and keep the back seats unless you don't mind people climbing in through the boot.

mikeoxford
07-05-03, 10:02 PM
you can get tilting subframes but they are more expensive

and really not worth the money.

fearless
07-05-03, 11:58 PM
I've dun quite a few conversions on novas where I've fitted bucket seats to standard nova seat base runners - U need to remove the seat from the runner and either weld or bolt the new bucket seat mounts to the base depending which type of bucket seats you've got (base or side mounted)

Its a squeeze to get in the rear with the seat fully forward - but its possible!!!!
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=802

This is Rick Marlands nova which i converted to Magnumn competition seats using alloy side mounts bolted to the original runners

blingmachine
08-05-03, 12:53 AM
very nice, loads better than recliners
looks like a bit of a reach for the steering wheel though