saloonwoody
23-06-10, 09:31 PM
yhpm ;)

Markd89
23-06-10, 09:32 PM
lol sorry to get ALOT of people excited this isnt a redtop its ecotech

AlexW
23-06-10, 09:34 PM
Get pics, want to know exactly what is included.
Might be worth the long trip

mk1nova_rich
23-06-10, 09:34 PM
argh bugger :(

saloonwoody
23-06-10, 09:37 PM
c18xe ? what comes with it ?

Markd89
23-06-10, 09:38 PM
c18xe ? what comes with it ?

no its the 2.0l astra gsi engine ecotech - not sure on code lol

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz101/shifty965/CIMG7275.jpg

saloonwoody
23-06-10, 09:39 PM
where abouts in yorkshire are you ? so i can check distance :)

Nova_Tek
X20xev

Markd89
where abouts in yorkshire are you ? so i can check distance :)

location east yorkshire - hu17 0bh :thumb:

*Adz*
23-06-10, 09:40 PM
x20xev and are the studs snapped near the thermostat? there common for that.

Markd89
23-06-10, 09:40 PM
X20xev

cheers mate

Markd89
23-06-10, 09:41 PM
x20xev and are the studs snapped near the thermostat? there common for that.

yes mate usual place, got quoted £8 each by a mate to get them drilled and re ground

saloonwoody
23-06-10, 09:45 PM
location east yorkshire - hu17 0bh :thumb:

cheers m8 but screw that your miles away lol

Sloth
23-06-10, 10:21 PM
mark, i'll have it, i will collect it this wekend.

claire6069
23-06-10, 10:48 PM
just for the record, its not ste porters old engine, he had bugger all to do with the engine so please dont associate his name with it!! the engine come in the car when i bought it and its not a 2.0, its a 1.8!!

ste porter
24-06-10, 01:19 AM
also im not trying to get up anyones nose but im a little mad at the fact that i gave the engine away for free to sloth on the understanding that he needed it and had a use for it to be honest i think its a cheek that sloth hasnt used it if i knew that he had no intention to use it himself i would not have given it away! hes proberly charged someone for it and told them he payed good money for it

also im sorry if this is against the rules but the seller proberly doesnt even know this himself but its only fair and i dont want to see someone get riped off

bottom end knocks on it quiet but constant regardless of temp eml was on constant and wouldnt let me flash it and intermitently lost power when it felt like it also i would surgest doing nearly all gaskets as it p1ssed oil from everywhere hence why i ripped it out in the first place and fitted an xe
not trying to nacker the sale but realy dont think its fair that you sell someone something as a good runner when i know otherwise and like i say i doubt you have seen it run so you wouldnt know any different

if any mods see a problem with this post i do apolagise in advance

Tristian101
24-06-10, 01:23 AM
also im not trying to get up anyones nose but im a little mad at the fact that i gave the engine away for free to sloth on the understanding that he needed it and had a use for it to be honest i think its a cheek that sloth hasnt used it if i knew that he had no intention to use it himself i would not have given it away! hes proberly charged someone for it and told them he payed good money for it

also im sorry if this is against the rules but the seller proberly doesnt even know this himself but its only fair and i dont want to see someone get riped off

bottom end knocks on it quiet but constant regardless of temp eml was on constant and wouldnt let me flash it and intermitently lost power when it felt like it also i would surgest doing nearly all gaskets as it p1ssed oil from everywhere hence why i ripped it out in the first place and fitted an xe
not trying to nacker the sale but realy dont think its fair that you sell someone something as a good runner when i know otherwise and like i say i doubt you have seen it run so you wouldnt know any different

if any mods see a problem with this post i do apolagise in advance

+1, you dont sell something you were given on the intention of using, you either give it on, or give it back and just say 'look mate, Very thankful for this other but ive had a change of plan'

to be honest its kind of robbing some. it just something you just dont do

Sloth
24-06-10, 09:38 AM
i had planned to use it, but was offered what i was led to belive was a complete 2.0 8v and box, ready to fit, in mint running cond, which turned out to be a lemon after i'd fitted it. at the time marks dad offered me some cash to take this off my hands, and i was skint so i couldn't say no. at no point did i say i'd payed for it to marks dad, but tbh thats between me and marks dad. mark was with me when i collected it from ste.

ste, apologies mate if this has annoyed you.

tristan, wtf has this got to do with you? its between me, porter and mark, there is/was no need for your comment. go troll another site. fool.

Markd89
24-06-10, 10:05 AM
Oh dear cheers for that ste I didn't know about the engine dad just asked me to sell if he bought it off rob I was there when we collected it

Didn't get told about any of the problems dad won't be happy atall

claire6069
24-06-10, 10:58 AM
bit harsh on tristian dont you think rob?? everyones allowed an opinion, you sure dont mind giving your opinions on other peoples things!! he was only pointing out what im sure everyone else was thinking anyway!

Sloth
24-06-10, 11:05 AM
sorry claire but its not the first time he has spouted b/s towards me, about things he knows nothing about. others have noticed it too. i only give my opinion if its constructive, never to crtisize what someone is doing. anyway this is waaaaaaaaaay o.t. :)

claire6069
24-06-10, 11:09 AM
ahh i see, fair do's then :thumb:

Markd89
24-06-10, 01:00 PM
Please lock this thread as engine will be scrapped

Cheers