PDA

View Full Version : chamber mod 7mm gap :s??

burgessovsalford
07-05-03, 10:16 AM
prob asked loads of times but just need confirmation before I do it....

Is the 7mm gap for the chamber mod 7MM outwards from the old hole or not? So it thoery there is a 7mm gap in between the new hole & old hole?

Thanks. :)

Dicko
07-05-03, 11:55 AM
7mm from the centre of the old hole to the centre of the new hole, it will overlap!!!

ade
07-05-03, 02:45 PM
Speak to Micky - he devised the guide for it.

Theres also a pic somewhere in the album I noticed the other day. under useful stuff or stuff for forums

Nova-Boy
07-05-03, 03:21 PM
We have had this before. Make the 7mm holes from the centre of the original holes. This will make elongated holes. Lots of people weld a washer to stop any movement of the shocks in the longer holes.

burgessovsalford
07-05-03, 04:11 PM
Yeah I checked out the pic in the album where ade stated, but it shows the 7mm starting from the edge of the hole NOT the centre, also the holes dont over lap in the pic??? :?

Il PM micky on this just to be sure...

Thanks all.

Stuart
07-05-03, 04:23 PM
from what i can assertain from mickys guid, my own thoughts on camber and the incorrect pictures in the album.

i strongly belive that the holes are 7mm appart, centre to centre, and do overlap. they are also moved towards the edge of the car, not towards the rear as the pictures seem to depict (that would change the castor, unsure of those effects).

prehaps someone could add pictures of "before" and "after" results for the article??

mikeoxford
07-05-03, 10:16 PM
sr stealth has just done this mod

mikeoxford
07-05-03, 11:25 PM
oh and camber dosent have a h ;) (chamber)

burgessovsalford
08-05-03, 09:25 AM
Chamber - camber? whats the difference lol! :roll:

mikeoxford
08-05-03, 11:44 AM
Chamber - camber? whats the difference lol! :roll:

:lol: silent or invisible h :P ;)

Dicko
08-05-03, 01:10 PM
well 7mm from centre to new centre or 7mm from edge to new edge is makes no diff does it, aslong as you move them out towards the wings by this amount

Stuart
08-05-03, 02:35 PM
chamber is like combustion chamber, gas chamber, etc

camber is anglely stuff that our motorsport lecturers cant teach lol

Ste_Nova
08-05-03, 05:00 PM
i devised the 7mm amount using a camber guage.... it's 1mm per 10mm of lowering (from gsi height) and 1mm for luck :lol:

center of hole to center of hole.... us a drill bit just big enough for the stud to go through and then the holes won't fully overlap... remopving the need for a washer to be welding in

YellowTurbo
08-05-03, 11:49 PM
I have just done this mod as mike said....I drilled my holes 7mm from the edge of the orig hole to the centre of the new one and my camber is spot on....tyres wear is cool now and the handling is MUCH better and Smoother....

beghy
09-05-03, 04:04 PM
GOD DAMN CAN SOMEONE JUST SHOW ME A PICTURE OR A DRAWING.

burgessovsalford
09-05-03, 04:08 PM
I have just done this mod as mike said....I drilled my holes 7mm from the edge of the orig hole to the centre of the new one and my camber is spot on....tyres wear is cool now and the handling is MUCH better and Smoother....

So would you recommend me doing it? As alot of people I've spoke to say dont bother just get the tracking done.

mikeoxford
09-05-03, 04:30 PM
ive never bothered

Ste_Nova
09-05-03, 04:40 PM
i've done it on my 16v.... now the tyres wear even.... i han't done it on my 1.4.... but I THINK THIS IS DOWN TO SHAGGED BOTTOM ARM BUSHES... CHANGE THESES BEFORE MODDING THE CAMBER