PDA

View Full Version : c20let oil issue

turbo-boy
22-06-10, 06:57 PM
hello folks just wantin to no if anyone has had the same siptoms as me. when car is cold/warm it makes good oil pressure once you drive it for 3 mile it just looses all oil pressure,it sits near the red on tick over and will bring the light on when it goes right into the red on the gauge,so i went to the relief valve and it was stuck took me a while to get it out,gave it a we rub with some fine sanding paper,lubed it up and place back into the pump and made sure it was moving freely before putting the spring back in before tighening it up.so started it up let it tick over for 20mins then took it a drive and the same thing happens and i hav another look at the relif valve and its stuck again.it only seems to stick when it gets quite warm.its a new oil pump from auto pump, as i no these give abit of bother.

blue_peg_16v
22-06-10, 06:59 PM
sbd do an uprated version of the releife valve that should solve it

turbo-boy
22-06-10, 07:07 PM
you no how much they are i just thinks it strange the stanard one should just work as well .will look into the sbd thing

Paul
22-06-10, 07:09 PM
its a new oil pump from auto pump, as i no these give abit of bother.

That is your problem.

Avoid like the plague, stick your 100,000+ mile GM one back in it

turbo-boy
22-06-10, 07:16 PM
thats what i did and i thought it was cured until i drove it and the releif valve stuck on it to lol

krobinson
22-06-10, 07:27 PM
I was lucky enough to get a new GM one, but they are unavaliable now as far as i'm aware. Your only option is to source anotherone, or go Z20LET new one with a modified pickup pipe.

turbo-boy
22-06-10, 07:32 PM
i put the one that i took of it back on it took it apart all the gears are sweet so just gonna stick with it.gonna pull sump of again to see whats happening and look aT the pipe up pipe