PDA

View Full Version : urgent! mk1 headlight protector needed

Dan Stanley
22-06-10, 06:19 PM
Came home from work today to find my neighbour waiting for me next to my nova.
"Im so sorry....." he starts to say whilst pointing at the front of my car. This isn't going to be good I start to think. :(

Basically he clipped the corner of the saloon as he tried to park his massive work van in the space in front of it. He has put a small dent in the leading edge of the wing, broke the indicator lense and (most importantly) he's broken the headlight protector!!!!! :cry:

So....
has anyone got a pair, or at least a passenger side, headlight protector for a mk1 nova? Im going to make my neighbour pay for it. But I want to get one asap so that Imcertain to get £ from him. Any help in finding one would be most appreciated!
Also, does anybody have experience in popping out dents? Or has used a Essex/London based company for that before?

You can call/text me on 07947214897

Thanks peoples. :roll:

General Baxter
22-06-10, 07:00 PM
there you go, the most expensive bit of junk in the world (protector)

cheaper to buy new headlights over and over lol

Edd
22-06-10, 09:59 PM
Protectors are pointless for the price they go for.

Spend your money on something worthwhile IMO

Graeme
22-06-10, 10:14 PM
Iirc Brettski has one due to standing on the other not sure whic he has might be worth a pm though

Dan Stanley
22-06-10, 10:24 PM
Protectors are pointless for the price they go for.

Spend your money on something worthwhile IMO

You are missing the point. I had protectors, I liked them, someone else broke mine, so now someone else owes me a set. I can see the irony of how protectors are worth more than headlights. But new Vauxhall Nova car mats go for more than a carpet, or coin tray/radio blanks are sought after more than an old head unit, etc. Everyone has their own taste or style and I liked having the protectors on my car. ;)

General Baxter
22-06-10, 10:55 PM
go via the insurance,

they would write it off due to the cost of them lol

ward
22-06-10, 11:32 PM
have you checked ebay for a set?

MattBrown
22-06-10, 11:36 PM
Brand new pair here £100

wwmnw
22-06-10, 11:43 PM
Brand new pair here £100

:eek: I'd sell you 10 sets of headlights for that, Dan lol

Dan Stanley
23-06-10, 06:14 PM
have you checked ebay for a set?

There wasn't any on there yesterday.
Brettski hasn't got a passenger side one either
PM sent to Matt B

GDN16v
23-06-10, 06:29 PM
Brand new pair here £100
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

But then again if someone else is buying them for you then, tough cookie for them!lollollollollollol