PDA

View Full Version : scrubbage

jatinder
07-05-03, 08:58 AM
Rite I could'nt return my OZ wheels from halfrauds coz there twats :cry: , so i decided to stick with them, the the offset is ET37, the back arches still grind on dips and stuff, how much of the arch can I safely grind away, is it possible to get the alloys machined down to the correct offset or somewere near that like ET40-42 coz then i wouldnt have to grind more metal off, has anybody had this done and how much would it cost? help please coz i can just about drive around with two people!

burgessovsalford
07-05-03, 10:24 AM
Dunno about the grinding of the wheels.

But for the arches the furthest you can cut it back it to the stop welds. Also what I done was get a jack in the arch & slightly push the archs out a little to clear the wheels. Also what i was told after I done that is its better to use a flat piece of wood along the arch then jack it, so it bends the arch properly & sraightly.

If that makes any sense! :wink:

epo
07-05-03, 09:14 PM
cant u just get the arches rolled that way it wont fcuk the paint up or owt like that

mikeoxford
07-05-03, 10:05 PM
dont bodge it.......

u learn the hard way :roll:

Stuart
07-05-03, 10:29 PM
you can get the wheels machined. go to an engineering works and ask. that way you can get the exact offset you want (ET49 if im not mistaken)

Aragorn
07-05-03, 10:45 PM
i would seriously doubt most commercial alloys would be able to take having 1.2cm's machined off the center hub

if they are 7" wide u dont wanna go any higher than et45 anyways

ET42 would be ok i'd expect

if u take them to a respectible machine shop they should tell u whats possible

might be an idea to get say 3mm taken off the brake disk and 3mm off the wheel rather than all 6mm off the wheel

could possibly even get a few mm taken from the actual hub too - not 100% on that tho

jatinder
08-05-03, 08:07 PM
any ideas to cost it wont affect the strenght of the wheel

Phil GTE
11-05-03, 10:40 PM
i had my rear wheels ground back by a pro place, try peeps that refrurb wheels

u will only get a couple of mm, not a lot really

cost about ?25 a rim

a rear disc conversion will bring them in much further too

brian
12-05-03, 06:56 PM
a rear disc conversion will bring them in much further too
my conversion was the thickness of the disc (where the 4 holes are) out further. :?

Stuart
12-05-03, 07:03 PM
well seeing as most commercial alloys are made and then machined down to the appropriate offset, then 12mm more wont really be a problem