PDA

View Full Version : team dynamics or speedlines??!!

dan16v
06-05-03, 09:39 PM
right i have some spare cash at the mo and im thinking of a wheel change!

do i-- keep my anthresite team dynamic qualifiers 16"

or do i get some speedline minstrals 15" and get them done in anthresite?

will the 15s struggle to put power down more than a 16" even tho they will both run 195 rubber? :wink:
heres the link to my car,
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=302

Breeny
06-05-03, 09:43 PM
I'm using 15's mate... lol

I would keep the qualifiers, not many people have them rims and they look good!

dan16v
06-05-03, 10:27 PM
i take it 15s are abit mad with the let in the? :D

yea i like my rims its just ive got the hard core coilovers and 15s slam to the ground head on!? hanging around with to many v dub boys :lol:

mikeoxford
06-05-03, 11:07 PM
team dynamics

Rick Draper
07-05-03, 10:10 AM
Go for the Speedlines in white dan how it used to look. Rick

Rick Draper
07-05-03, 10:11 AM
Doh just checked the question properly, keep the team dynamics! Rick

Fester
07-05-03, 10:20 AM
speedlines are well boring now - sorry i know theyre still really pricey, but they are

Tilly
07-05-03, 01:20 PM
i like speedlines but are very basic and lots of novas have them now

simon@novaheaven
07-05-03, 01:38 PM
alot of novas have speedline allesios, not many novas have the speedline mistrals though!!! they are both 5 spoke, the mistral is a slimmer and flater design. like brett w's wheels, not seen many about with this wheel on and i prefer it to be honest! but the car really suits the team dynamics wheels but that may be just cos of the colour, out of curiosty what size rims and tyres are you running, also what is the offset. i put coilovers on my car over the weekend but had to take them back off cos the wheels wouldnt go back on.

it was an spax rsx kit and the wheels are 16x7" dynamics monza with 195x45x15 and the offset is et45, just somethin u might wanna check out.
i took the coilovers back and fitted koni adustables.

Nova-Boy
07-05-03, 03:13 PM
keep the 16". no point wasting money on smaller wheels!

getting the power down will be to do with the weight of the wheels due to the width of tyre causing the friction to be equal.

novamark
07-05-03, 03:23 PM
i dont get it really, would 14's be any good? because wouldnt they be better for handling or isit completely different with the 2.0t? i know this is dumb and should really be in muppet corner but i thought it would be better to have smaller wheels?! :?

Nova-Boy
07-05-03, 03:38 PM
smaller wheels are better for acceleration cos they turn round quicker and dont need as much torque to move them. Wide and low profile tyres will help handling but going too far will reduce handling. A set of 14" with 185 tyres will probably be good for both but dont look as good!

novamark
07-05-03, 03:40 PM
thought so. wahoo! i redkno stay wiv 16s mate

Ben (lurk75)
07-05-03, 05:22 PM
At least Simon pointed out the difference between Alessio's and Mistrals!

I have only ever seen 2 novas with the mistrals, Brett warburtons and Mine :lol:

So i am not going to comment!

Dan since i offered to sell you mine i have had about 15 offers, is tempting to keep em! Funny i swapped them with colin as he couldnt sell them! lmao

simon@novaheaven
07-05-03, 07:01 PM
ive seen a few, the spider in total vaux had some on it also, there a smart little rim

ben - i take it your refering to colin smith, did you buy them about a yr ago from him, i think he was selling a set last yr for about 125ish?? how much have you been offered for them. got any pics of them fitted to your car?

Simon

updated, ignore the pictures bit ive just looked at yout car in features

Ben (lurk75)
07-05-03, 07:05 PM
no i have had them longer than that. i swapped them for my compomotive MO's, wich i am selling the mistrals to buy! lmao. nah mine were anthracite and looked poor on a white car, i now want a set of white ones, but am now unsure???

There are pics of them on my car in the features (link in my footer).

simon@novaheaven
07-05-03, 07:09 PM
sounds complex lol

how much would you want to sell the mistrals for??

dan16v
07-05-03, 07:27 PM
yea Rick ive often thought about white allesios but i think it may look abit boy racerish? i like the way the anthresite colour makes the car NOT stand out! :o

Ben (lurk75)
08-05-03, 07:41 AM
how much would you want to sell the mistrals for??

Depends i just want to cover the costs of my MO's when i find some! i dont want to have to sell my Mistrals and then be short for buying the others.

simon@novaheaven
08-05-03, 10:26 AM
have you tried motorsport direct for the mo's i know he has a varied selection of compemotive, oz etc. prices arent bad either i dont think!

i fancy a change but i dont know what too yet. cant make my mind up :(

ben ive just been reading migweb is your user name lurk on there? what are these cav fan blade wheels your selling like, got any pics, i think they would look tidy painted anthracite on my car :)

Ben (lurk75)
08-05-03, 05:51 PM
lol yes si i am Lurk off of mig i was lurk on here for about a year until the username ben became avalible (thanks ian).

I have got a pic of the fan wheels i will dig it out for you.