PDA

View Full Version : ecotec cb-26p

Euan
06-05-03, 08:48 PM
was just reading about this, its the device that goes into the vacum servo pipe supposed to reduce emissions etc..

what does everyone think bout these things?
are they worth investing in?

blingmachine
06-05-03, 09:14 PM
have'nt got one but i hear there good, improve performance slightly and reduce emissions and save petrol. :D only downer is that it makes sum gay noise when you ease og the throttel :?

mikeoxford
06-05-03, 09:56 PM
post a couple of weeks back

by one and try it if you can afford it

think they do work yes.

the manufacturer has told me that their only really designed for injection cars (or novas at least)

why not try it, cant do no harm

Stuart
07-05-03, 10:42 AM
according to the waffle on their site etc it does what it says,and i completely understand why.

BUT

due to the location of the brake servo hose on the GM 8v manifold the air is only really disturbed at cylinder 3 and 4 (moreso on 4). because of this it only half works and im sure i read that someone had minor damage done to their engine (or was warned off because of impending damage).

it will probably be fine for the injection cars and ones with a morre "central" servo hose connection

Dicko
07-05-03, 10:59 AM
ye it can make cyl 4 run lean iv herd that aswell :s

Euan
07-05-03, 01:22 PM
mine is a carb so might not bother.

just out of interest what would happen if you connected a dump valve to this hose (if anythin)

Dicko
07-05-03, 01:52 PM
NOTHING lol

Jules
07-05-03, 02:02 PM
If you're talking about putting a dump valve on the brake servo pipe, then, like Dicko said, at best it'll do nothing, at worst it'll make your brakes worse due to the loss of pressure in the pipe and making the servo less effective. But it'll probably do nothing except leave a hole in your wallet.
:o