PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza

JJL
20-06-10, 07:15 PM
Just got back today stopped in San Antonio absolutely amazing :cool:. Anyone else ever been?

Cle
20-06-10, 07:17 PM
I was in ibiza when i was 3 lol

JJL
20-06-10, 08:23 PM
lol You started young

w88rdy
20-06-10, 08:38 PM
I was there at the start of may and it was great

JJL
20-06-10, 08:47 PM
I was there at the start of may and it was great

Was it overly hot around that time?

fastcar1cars
20-06-10, 08:48 PM
Been 4 times now! And need to go again soon! Stayed in san an 3 times and ibiza town the other!
Wicked!

w88rdy
20-06-10, 08:50 PM
not red hot mate tbh but warm enough for me though,

Still got sun all day and had to get to the bar a few times to cool down lol

JJL
20-06-10, 09:01 PM
I know what you mean about its warm enough lol. We ended up goin to see Tiesto at privilege and then went to the Cream opening party at Amnesia with Paul Van Dyk and Eric Prydz a few days later. Awsome in Privilege:thumb:

novaboyopr
20-06-10, 09:01 PM
went last year. went to eden and es paradis amazing clubs makes anything in england look like childs play. only thing i cant stand there chill out pill head music lol.

fastcar1cars
20-06-10, 09:03 PM
went to a wicked night at eden judgement sunday!! not sure if its still goin??

JJL
20-06-10, 09:19 PM
Yeah went to Eden twice bit strange but cool.I went to the foam parties both of which had zero foam but good music :d. I wasn't really a massive fan of es Paradis thought the music was sh1te but it is nice inside.

floydy13
20-06-10, 09:27 PM
amongst other things its on the... to do list before im 30!

JJL
20-06-10, 09:35 PM
Definetely worth it mate get your flights booked!

wilson_sri
20-06-10, 11:22 PM
Its my 2nd home! ha I was even conceived in Ibiza lol

Im away out the first two weeks of August. Had planned to spend the summer out there, but couldn't afford it! Im saving cash to do it next summer without working though!

Space and DC10 are the places to be!

Ernie
20-06-10, 11:45 PM
ive been a few times when younger and to top it all off me and the miss's are off to there this saturday for the week.
Avin it large lol

Connor
21-06-10, 12:14 AM
I intend on going next year whens the best time for going? as dont wanna go when its toooo hot as i will melt (red head lol)

JJL, please edit your profile with a few spaces in between 'Preston' and 'Drives' ;)

wilson_sri
21-06-10, 12:18 AM
Beginning of August is the best time to go. Its when the clubbing season is in full swing! Its the warmest and busiest time, and when all the best partys and DJS are on!

mowgli
21-06-10, 08:51 AM
i went in 88, the year before it got all dance clubby.... the funny thing is, that we went to all the same places as you youngsters do, but they were called different names, cost about a quid to get in, and sold huge amounts of beer.. we had great fun

Stuart
21-06-10, 09:27 AM
i went in 88, the year before it got all dance clubby.... the funny thing is, that we went to all the same places as you youngsters do, but they were called different names, cost about a quid to get in, and sold huge amounts of beer.. we had great fun

and in your day everything was in black and white, you could leave the front door open and Queen victoria wasnt even born then... lol :roll:

mowgli
21-06-10, 10:13 AM
i was making the comment about the costs, because these days, you pay about 40 quid for some dutch bloke to play someone elses music & then pay a fiver for a bottle of water........whereas, we paid a quid to get in & 40 quid on drinks, and still danced till the sun came up.

JJL
21-06-10, 04:23 PM
JJL, please edit your profile with a few spaces in between 'Preston' and 'Drives' ;)

I tried this and it didn't seem to work regardless how many spaces i left probly me bein a tard lol.

Didn't get chance to go to Space or DC10 wanted to but funds wouldn't allow. Tbh i think August is a bit late as the opening parties are the good night's and they're all mid June.

wilson_sri
21-06-10, 05:47 PM
I tried this and it didn't seem to work regardless how many spaces i left probly me bein a tard lol.

Didn't get chance to go to Space or DC10 wanted to but funds wouldn't allow. Tbh i think August is a bit late as the opening parties are the good night's and they're all mid June.
I have been for the opening, in august and for closing before. August was definitely the best time, its when its at its busiest. Which a lot of people consider a bad thing, but its a good thing in Ibiza! You also get the best weather in August.

I went for the closing parties last year, never again! It pissed down the entire time! And wasn't even that hot when the sun was out. Also it was empty, no punters at all. A friend of mine was supposed to be playing in the 2nd room at the Tiesto closing party, but it got cancelled because they didn't have enough people to fill the main room, so kept the 2nd closed.
Unfortunately thats where Ibiza is heading, its on a downwards hill the last few years. Due to the uprise in costs, and indie culture and the downfall of club music! The clubs need to get a grip and lower prices, or they are just going to keep loosing punters. Also how strict the authorities are getting isn't helping.