19-06-10, 01:13 PM
can anyone recommend me rear coilovers for track use/rally and a rough price

Mieran
19-06-10, 01:15 PM
GAZ ones sell for £175 on eBay :thumb:

djbrowney
19-06-10, 07:50 PM
as above ^

you can also buy a complete kit if you become a member on here !

Stuart
19-06-10, 08:58 PM
Can just get rears only too as a club member for £175

or a full set for just over £400

craig green
19-06-10, 09:08 PM
My GAZ rears are £150. shameless plug, but I have to add that they are fabulous things. Best suspension I have used in 12 yrs of Nova'ing.

jonn
12-07-10, 10:27 PM
right i have money gathered up and i am thinking about the gaz rears, do i have to change the rear turrets to fit them in or will they fit in with out much hassle? are they alot stiffer than standard suspension because the back of my nova bounces all over the place when i do autocross,grass events. will they take much abuse?

craig green
12-07-10, 10:29 PM
You usually have to create a little extra room with a hammer or mallet. Nothing drastic.
As for spring rates etc, speak to the manufacturer as we all run road or track cars typically. Rallying will likely need a different spring & damping setup.

jonn
12-07-10, 10:44 PM
i was thinking of buying them off ebay for £175 but they must be for track use. i will try and contact gaz and see what set up they can put together for me

stt
12-07-10, 11:27 PM
ive got a set of gaz golds and they appear to be a lot stronger and able to take more punishment than the standard gaz rears,

However you will need to turret the rears as the golds are bigger diameter than the normal gaz coilovers,

In my opinion they are definitely worth the extra expense

tony k
13-07-10, 01:24 PM
when you phoen gaz ask for mark he is the main man there,thats who i deal with when i phone up,hope that helps

Stuart
13-07-10, 01:45 PM
golds have bigger pistons and different valving hance seeming to take more punishment. They actually perform the same no matter what you do to them (nickels or golds). Just the golds are lighter, better finished and obv different valving :)