PDA

View Full Version : c20xe oil cooler do i really need it???/

davidfox280585
19-06-10, 12:01 AM
now i removed it and the sandwich plate replaced with a 2.08v oil filter adapter so im running without one am i due to get issues as its not been on the road yet?:)

craig green
19-06-10, 12:05 AM
It'll be fine, many people delete them, but if you are going to drive it hard, you should put one IMO.

davidfox280585
19-06-10, 12:08 AM
thanks craig rep+ just a few issues been bugging me as its close to mot time

craig green
19-06-10, 12:09 AM
Nothing to do with the MOT pal. So long as it isnt leaking in any way, or pipes left blocked off etc.

davidfox280585
19-06-10, 12:18 AM
i know its not part of the mot just i was unsure with it coming close to being on the road with the oil getting really hot as i thought if it were there from new it must be for a reason,
no it doesnt leak its fine its just built for fast road use but being a cabriolet i think it will fles like mad

craig green
19-06-10, 12:25 AM
Use good, high performance oil in the correct grade & you'll be fine. As said, many people have deleted them due to leaking pipes or space saving in Novas etc.
Sounds like you ought to replace it though. GM did spec them for a reason.

Benn
19-06-10, 07:42 AM
I've never used one in 5years with a road car, If its a all day track car then i would yes.

ste porter
19-06-10, 10:32 AM
i had issues with mine on the let so for the last month it was on the road i removed it and it was fine but on a let i realy wouldnt advise it if its driven proper hard and the oil isnt changed as regular as it should be with regards to xe motors though you shouldnt have a problem as the later ones never had them in the first place

jackhines15
19-06-10, 04:11 PM
how can i convert mine to run without the oil cooler? i read in this that there is an 8v convertion. where can i get this from?

Pistol Pete
19-06-10, 07:14 PM
As said Vaux designed the engine to run with them. Im keeping one on mine. But then i intend on driving it hard! It is an XE Nova after all!!

how can i convert mine to run without the oil cooler? i read in this that there is an 8v convertion. where can i get this from?

IIRC take off the 16v sandwich plate and fit the filter?? I think lol. Maybe have a search in mechanical section.

djbrowney
19-06-10, 07:17 PM
as i always think with things like this ???

Vauxhall put it on there for a reason they would do anything to save a few pennys like at companys !!!

so they didnt thing it was money wasted lol

i dosnt take long to fit and can be bought for peanuts.

Mieran
19-06-10, 08:56 PM
So these came on all XEs as standard? :confused:

djbrowney
19-06-10, 08:58 PM
they just came in differnt pipe lengths depending on astra, cav, calibra ect

Mieran
19-06-10, 09:02 PM
I've had a couple of coilpack engines and neither had an oil cooler :wtf:

Angus Closier
19-06-10, 09:38 PM
Not all xe's had them as standard!!!

blue_peg_16v
19-06-10, 10:05 PM
dave ive never ran one and never had a problem ant even got one on the let

Benn
20-06-10, 10:19 AM
As said Vaux designed the engine to run with them. Im keeping one on mine. But then i intend on driving it hard! It is an XE Nova after all!!

IIRC take off the 16v sandwich plate and fit the filter?? I think lol. Maybe have a search in mechanical section.

My late Xe (very later 93) didn't come with one from the Factory, i know as i took it from the Calibra and the guy had own it from new.

I've had a couple of coilpack engines and neither had an oil cooler :wtf:

Same as.

And you remove the sandwich plate and use an 8v fitting, to screw the filter too.