PDA

View Full Version : oil filter seal.

jackhines15
18-06-10, 11:52 PM
stupid question but when fitting a new oilf ilter to a c20xe should there be a new o-ring with the filter or is the one which is set into the top of the filter all which is needed?
also on the sandwich plate for the oil cooler should there be a seal between it and the engine block?

craig green
19-06-10, 12:02 AM
The seal on the filter is all, wipe some oil round it before screwing it on. Not sure about the sandwich plate, is there not a recess for an o-ring inside it?

jackhines15
19-06-10, 12:08 AM
not that i noticed. will have another look on sunday when i do some more to the car. if not i may put some of the instent gasket on the sandwich plate see if that works as i have a bad oil leak from that area. whilst m there i will do the sump gasket to i think as that is starting to weep.

craig green
19-06-10, 12:10 AM
Get someone to look it up on EPC. Failing that someone into bigblocks will answer for sure.

I found it was the crank shaft end oil seal leaking on my XE. i thought it was the sump.

jackhines15
19-06-10, 12:16 AM
oh well i hope that its not that! think i will start with the easy seals first! lol

Damo
19-06-10, 03:11 PM
There is a seal between the sandwitch plate and pump mate looks a bit like a distributor seal.:thumb:

Give autovaux a ring they should be able to help you.