PDA

View Full Version : GOD DAMN WHEELS! HELP???

matthewfavell
06-05-03, 03:00 PM
I'm having a mare.
:x I just fitted new wheels, off a SEAT IBIZA. 185/55/15. Is it just me, or does the drivers side rear hub, stick out further than the passenger side rear hub!!! cuz i got some bad ass scraping on the rear right. Im 60mm low on full kit. Any advice, i already taken the whole arch out, its rubbing on the inside!!!! :evil:
Can i push my arch out? i don't wanna spend any more money.
PLEASE HELP!! :cry:

ade
06-05-03, 03:17 PM
seat ibiza alloys? what et are they then?

Novas/vauxhalls are et 45-49. If the ibizas are more/less it will rub and handling wont be the best.

If its rubbing on the inside then use spacers and longer bolts to push wheel further out to the edge. If rubbing on the outside, roll arches or grind back a bit (watch weld spots). As for front arches, mine catch a little so roll front ones.
As for one side sticking out further than theother - WTF??? :o You dont want the wheels sticking out at all coz on a slammed car it'll buff like fcuk and knacker the arch.

Got any pics?

And check et setting.

Mark D
06-05-03, 05:02 PM
Think most novas are offset very slightly, best bet is change the tyres, what kind of size is 185/55/15? u want 45 profile on there methinks, but there is a good chance the offset is different, wud change tyres n get arches rolled up at back, pull fronts out a bit.

or, u cud jus wait till either the arch gets ground away, or the tyres pop, which cud b fun.

Nova-Boy
06-05-03, 06:13 PM
The Rear axle on novas are very rearly (never) in the middle so it is likely that one hub is sticking out more than the other. tolarances and such like!

mikeoxford
06-05-03, 10:01 PM
The Rear axle on novas are very rearly (never) in the middle so it is likely that one hub is sticking out more than the other. tolarances and such like!

as i have found FCUK :x

mine is to far to the drivers side, quite noticeably :evil:

matthewfavell
07-05-03, 10:27 AM
Yeah, they are the tyres that came with it, i do want 45's. anyone wanna swap??? brand new goodyear eagle ventura 185/55/15 for 185/45/15.

I also think that they are 38 offsets!!!

Is there any way i can machine a few mill of the drum or alloy on the side that scrapes??? i'm an engineer and have use of milling machines/surface grinders etc...

burgessovsalford
07-05-03, 10:37 AM
[quote="matthewfavell"]Yeah, they are the tyres that came with it, i do want 45's. anyone wanna swap??? brand new goodyear eagle ventura 185/55/15 for 185/45/15. [quote]

:lol: no harm in trying m8 is there!

Jules
07-05-03, 01:43 PM
I know that some Seat rims are 6.5"x16", et45 and made by Speedline so they shouldn't give you no more trouble that any other et45 rims (Less in fact due to them being 6.5" wide rather than the usual 7"), You can check by taking one off and having a look, it'll be stamped on the rims somewhere, normally on the back of one of the spokes.

Dicko
07-05-03, 02:39 PM
ye, mk2's r worst aswell, also its random which way they are offset to. its about 5mm if you wanna take off the rear beam and fit spacers :P

matthewfavell
07-05-03, 02:50 PM
So if i machine a couple of mm of the mating faces of the wheel and hub, it won't affect handling/tracking? i don't wanna drive it cuz anymore than 2 people and it scrapes.

Also what happens if the inner skin is totally destroyed? :|