PDA

View Full Version : vvs strange

butlerboy123
18-06-10, 02:48 PM
hi in my x16xe my vvs seems like you cant convert it to cable, ive bout one to fit from a x16xer but the drive in the gear box seems to be differnt does anyone no wat im on about ?

if so if i use a digi dash will i get over my problem as theres no need for a cable?

for got to add when i got my engine and gear box my speedo drive was capped off

GRUNT 16V
18-06-10, 03:10 PM
Wtf ?????? VVS ?? CONVERT WHAT ????

MK999
18-06-10, 03:13 PM
VSS, vehicle speed sensor, there is a difference in the boxes iirc, you need an early one to have the correct drive for a cable speedo, as the later corsas were electronic.

butlerboy123
18-06-10, 03:17 PM
thats where my problem is then the engine came out of a tigra lolll so im now stuck and dont no where to head, im now guessing may be the corsa used a abs set up for the speedo unless any one knows differnt

butlerboy123
18-06-10, 06:02 PM
does any one else know how i could do it using a tigra box and engine

comptoncj
18-06-10, 06:10 PM
Change the diff to a Nova GTE item and then use the mechanical speedo drive :)

AlexW
18-06-10, 06:12 PM
The ring gear on the diff is different, hard to change.

You can use the standard electronic setup to run a digi dash yes.
That is how the later cars get there speed reading, as most dont have ABS

butlerboy123
18-06-10, 06:24 PM
so if i use the standard set up would that be part of the loom it self? then its just a matter of finding out the wires at the ecu end of the loom.

but then how did the speedo work on the tigra ? i do have two spare plugs floating on the loom which i cant find where they go may be its one of them but i fort it may be for the ecotec system

Plug
18-06-10, 06:26 PM
You will need the Ring on the barrel of the tigra and the Chip in the key. on the ecu end of the loom, there will be an extra plug for that

butlerboy123
18-06-10, 07:15 PM
Ive got the key pick up and the chip, but how does this make the speedo work if the gear box aint set up to use a vss, there is spare plugs at the ecu ill have to hav a look see if colours match, i always fort the tigra runs the same set up

davidfox280585
18-06-10, 07:48 PM
cant you just undo the 10mm and fit your nova drive and plastic scew gear corsas use standard cable su dont know why your having ussues just jung the elec bit and fit cable

butlerboy123
18-06-10, 07:56 PM
Ive tryed, ut was capped off. When i removed it and tryed to fit it it did gi in as the gear ring doesnt look the same, i cant even find the plug to the vss on the loom this is why im wondering if some of the tigras used abs for the speedo, i dont no any other way to do this as the ecu will need to know the engine speed

davidfox280585
18-06-10, 08:05 PM
no tigra used the abs as speedo they had seperate abs sensors and used the box for the speedo drive only later vaux eg corsa c used the shaft ring gear as speedo,
unsure how you will get round it as my tigra was cable and seperate abs even the digidash i have in the nova runs from a standard mechanical speedo drive,
so the drive is far different ive never encounterd it to be honest

butlerboy123
18-06-10, 08:18 PM
It is rather strange im begining to fink wat is the gear box from lol but it def came out of a tigra i fort it was strange wen i c a metal cap in its place.

Wen i look in i c no cog all i can c is a silver thing with square looking holes in it, ive never seen dis b4 and god noes how the speedo was run in the tigra.

butlerboy123
18-06-10, 09:55 PM
Ill try and get a picture tomoz and upload for any to see may be this will explain it better for me lolllllll