PDA

View Full Version : Splitter please help

baha_guy
05-05-03, 11:03 PM
I have a abyss front bumper. I would like to no what would be the best Splitter i tihnk thats what its called the bit that goes under the front bumper. and how much would i be looking for one

mikeoxford
05-05-03, 11:30 PM
prices very loads depending which car u get it off and also if u buy new or 2nd hand.

how low can you afford to go?

sommat deep - ibiza one.
big smaller - renault espace
medium - renault laguna
small - renault clio, or ford mondeo

Jim
06-05-03, 03:06 PM
Two questions...

Can you fit a splitter to an abyss bumper?
Will it look any good?

The Abyss bumper is already styled to be different to the Standard Bumper. I think Splitters are better off left as an attachment to standard bumpers. If you definatley want to go for a splitter then check out the Ibiza or Laguna splitters, they seem to be the favourite amongst Nova owners.

Jim

ade
06-05-03, 03:20 PM
depends on how low the car is - I;ve just taken mine off - SRi bumper slammed 60mm 0- scuffed to fcuk and I aint even got speed bumps uo by me - just sh1te roads and lots of multiostorey car parks

SCRAPE!!!!!

:x

Took it off in fear of damaging my front bumper!

Anton
06-05-03, 04:53 PM
i'm thinking of putting an ibiza one on mine...

baha_guy
06-05-03, 08:11 PM
ive got 60mm lowering spring to go on. and i want a splitter to go on my abyss bumper i want quite a big splitter but not to big it will it ever bump.
Any ideas what one will look the best and were can i get then. Does anyone have any pics of some splitter

mikeoxford
06-05-03, 10:38 PM
ive just put 17s on my car and i think im gonna have to buy the ibiza splitter as the renault one isnt low enough now!!!!!1 :lol:

baha_guy
07-05-03, 08:37 PM
Anyone got a pic of the ibiza splitter and were can i get if from. And will it fit under my abyss bumper with put hittng the floor .???

mikeoxford
07-05-03, 11:07 PM
i wud of thought the abyss bumper was too low already

baha_guy
08-05-03, 12:17 AM
ok ive look and dont think if that low if it is low i wont put a slitter on but i would like to

ade
08-05-03, 11:44 PM
seat for the splitter - although theres a guy who works at seat taking orders at the mo!

(see other post for that)

Seat splitters are good but deep - you need at least 3" clearence at the front otherwise any slight pot holes or dips in the road taken at speed is gonna slam into the splitter which will eather crack or it'll smash the bumper - especially if the abyss bumpers fibreglass!

GSi/SR bumpers are oulded plstic (abs) so flexible - sorst you get is cracked paint

:?

baha_guy
09-05-03, 12:05 AM
anyone no were i can ask seat for the splitter