PDA

View Full Version : Inner CV's keep popping out???? F16 XE Nova

XEjames
15-06-10, 08:12 PM
Hi all

Bit confusing this is
Got an XE with a F16 in my nova, proper conversion shafts with 2.0 hubs, cv's etc

Inner cv's keep popping out the diff for some reason

When car is on full lock the centres stillhave plenty of travel which shows that the shafts are not too short + nothing is pulling the cv's out

When putting the joint in the box its not sloppy + doesnt just fall in + seems fine

Any ideas why this would be happening??

Rather annoying especially when at the side of the road trying to get under there with whatever i can find to drive the joint back in + then having to refill with oil when get home

Cheers all
James

let_nova
15-06-10, 08:14 PM
how low?
cv engaged all the way into retaining clip?

John
15-06-10, 08:22 PM
circlip buggered?

comptoncj
15-06-10, 09:25 PM
ball joints on lower arms in correct place? had to fix an xe nova that someone had put the ball joints on top of the arms instead of below them and that resulted in the inner cv popping out.

Jon_nova1
15-06-10, 09:53 PM
Circlip there at all?

djbrowney
15-06-10, 11:03 PM
you have corsa bottom arms on rather than nova ones which are longer :)

Steve0011
15-06-10, 11:19 PM
check for circlip as said, shaft needs a good sharp push to engage properly

XEjames
16-06-10, 12:49 PM
Cheers for all the quick replies everyone

how low?
cv engaged all the way into retaining clip?

it was on a 40mm drop + now 60mm but done it at both heights

circlip buggered?
I wondered if clip is shot but cant realy see how i could tell for certain but the clip is slightly wider than the joint

ball joints on lower arms in correct place? had to fix an xe nova that someone had put the ball joints on top of the arms instead of below them and that resulted in the inner cv popping out.

lol No, they are the right way up

Circlip there at all?

Yea, clip is there

you have corsa bottom arms on rather than nova ones which are longer :)

Nope, they are definately nova bottom arms etc

check for circlip as said, shaft needs a good sharp push to engage properly

There seems a fair bit of resistance before it goes in, I use the shaft in the joint to act like a slide hammer + once its in i then have at look at inner joint to make sure its all the way in

I thought about it being the circlips but it seems a bit strange for themto both be worn at the same time

James