PDA

View Full Version : 16SE & Carb Tank

matt_vaughan
15-06-10, 07:15 PM
Right guys, 1.2 carb tank...is it going to happen with a 16SE? Or change the lot for injection stuff?

Sure it's been asked before but search i either not bringing anything up, or practiaclly everything.

Just before I put together a shopping list....:thumb:

mk1nova_rich
15-06-10, 07:18 PM
change it for injection matt, either a complete mpi tank from an SRi or GTE/GSi tank with external pump

matt_vaughan
15-06-10, 07:25 PM
just realised this is in completely the wrong forum, i do appologise lol

if someone could move accordingly cheers

rich, looks like thats what's needed. hmmmm

AlexW
15-06-10, 08:09 PM
Or a SPi tank with mk3 astra intank MPI pump (Personal choice)

mowgli
15-06-10, 08:48 PM
it will work, as long as you don't go round a rh bend with less than 1/2 tank

matt_vaughan
15-06-10, 09:04 PM

so no then....lol

ill just change it if i go ahead then

muchos gracias

mowgli
15-06-10, 09:31 PM
basically, it will work, but not too well

Rysee
15-06-10, 09:40 PM

Full tank and roundabouts are still a nightmare. On the plus side Matt it saves your brakes lol

RossRog
17-06-10, 10:12 AM
i was told i don't know how true this is, but if you put the engine into your car on carbs like bike carbs or webbers then it should not need the injection system.

don't hold me to that an its a question i'd like to know the answer too also.

matt_vaughan
17-06-10, 10:30 AM
The fuel pressure isnt needed no, but I believe the same fuel flow is required, maybe more.

mowgli
17-06-10, 12:39 PM
i was told i don't know how true this is, but if you put the engine into your car on carbs like bike carbs or webbers then it should not need the injection system.

don't hold me to that an its a question i'd like to know the answer too also.

a carb system usually only pumps up enough fuel to keep a carb bowl full up, so it is running in terms of cc's per minute at low pressure... an efi system is running in litres per second and high pressure.

so if you stuck an enormous engine in on carbs, the original setup will be fine.

but, as i stated above, run on low fuel with a carb tank & efi pump, and it will splutter on rh bends & eventually kill the pump

RossRog
17-06-10, 12:54 PM
a carb system usually only pumps up enough fuel to keep a carb bowl full up, so it is running in terms of cc's per minute at low pressure... an efi system is running in litres per second and high pressure.

so if you stuck an enormous engine in on carbs, the original setup will be fine.

but, as i stated above, run on low fuel with a carb tank & efi pump, and it will splutter on rh bends & eventually kill the pump

Ah right thank you, i get confused very fast!