PDA

View Full Version : Mark 1 rear GTE/SR bumper and Nova L light for number plate

thisgroove
15-06-10, 12:22 PM
Hi can anyone help, bought a GTE bumper which i have sprayed (was red) and fitted. The bumper had had a knock so some of the internal clips were broken which holds the metal to which the bolts attach. Any way this was resolved with a bolt through the centre of the bumoer to keep it all tight. Got it on but for some reason the light fitting for the number plate whic is from the skiny rear nova L bumper fits in the hole and fits into place but it is making the boot lid catch and so can not open or close with it in. Is there a different light fitment for the SR/Gte bumper? Any advice be great!

Thanks

Jack
15-06-10, 02:33 PM
Should be the same rear light across all the bumpers. When you say its catching, you mean the bootlid is hitting it when it opens?

thisgroove
15-06-10, 03:00 PM
yes it is catching it but the light fitting is flush to the bumper. Have i put the bumper on wrong? Its like its to high or not sloped enough. Dont know where its gone wrong

mowgli
15-06-10, 04:16 PM
sounds like its too high... any chance of some pics

thisgroove
16-06-10, 10:59 AM
i after shaving the light fitment it still did nt work any way bulled the bumeper slightly loose at the sides and now it fits! Is the bumper not meant to be pushed all the way up the side clips?

Cheers