PDA

View Full Version : Colour coding

Anonymous
19-12-00, 04:38 PM
I have a whit GSi, but there is one big problem, it has big annoying black doorhandles and an annoying black rear hatch!! what sort of paint would I need to colour code the door handles and what is the easiest(cheapest!) way to get rid of the black on the back door! any help welcomed. cheers

Anonymous
19-12-00, 04:58 PM
sand it,tons of primer(very important!!) and last but not least Whitee paint!!
Fraz

Anonymous
19-12-00, 05:05 PM
No, the black hatch is vinyl, it peels off like a big sticker, heat it using a hairdryer or a heat gun and it should peel off. Look at the pics of mine i sent you, i did the same. It looks a lot better. As for the handles, nip it down to the local body shop and get them to colour code them for you, your not looking at a lot for them done, you might want to get them to do the handle on the hatch at the same time.

Cheers m8, Lee.

Anonymous
19-12-00, 06:11 PM
I think you're right about getting a body shop to do the handles, but I never knew the back panel was vinyl!!! if I remove it, will it be painted white underneath or do I need to get that sprayed aswell? oh yeah also I haven't received any pics off you yet, if they don't get through to my hotmail account, try my work one. John.hilton@granadarestaurants.co.uk

Anonymous
19-12-00, 06:15 PM
No it will be painted under there as well. I've sent the pics to your other e-mail account as well now so give us a bell if they don't arrive.

Anonymous
19-12-00, 06:24 PM
Still not recieved any pics mate, but it could just be a bottle neck holding them up somewhere. I'll check again in a bit. Still at work, so I'll still be online for hours yet!!!!!