PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 ltr c.v's crap!!

n-vaux
14-06-10, 10:03 PM
I got a corsa autograss car with a xe on 45's. Im havin trouble with c.v's breaking!! its got a welded diff so theres loads of strain on them. They're just normal astra etc 2.0 ltr ones inner and outta.
Any idea if i can get stronger ones or race ones??
:confused:

nova_saloon
14-06-10, 10:04 PM
not that i have heard of but let us know if you find some. but get a quaiff diff or similar. will take the strain off them a little better. you should stillg et decent movement. but they are expensive

n-vaux
14-06-10, 10:27 PM
To be honest an atb diff aint no good for autograss i would have to get a gripper diff or tran-x plate diff.
Im almost sure i should be able to get race c.v's somewhere but its getting the info on where to find them. lol

djbrowney
14-06-10, 10:29 PM
are you smashing the inner cv's ???

have you tried new gm cv's ???

n-vaux
15-06-10, 08:17 AM
Both inner and outta c.v's getting ripped apart!!
thats my next thing 2 do, get nice brand new GM ones. Because most motor factor stuff is crap realy.
It makes me think how some of the people i race against manage because some got 2.2 all steel lumps:eek:
Pointless asking them though because they wont tell the truth

XEjames
15-06-10, 08:06 PM
Might be worth giving harry hockley a call
I seem to remember reading somewhere he had something to do with the works rally novas, ok they were small block but he may be able to help or point you in the right direction

James

John
15-06-10, 08:25 PM
Agreed, get some new gm ones (not exchange gm tho as you might get some shoite quality ones back) or get some good used ones.

n-vaux
15-06-10, 10:30 PM
Yeah i'll be ringing my local vauxhall's (even though they're tits) and try and get some brand new ones both inner and outta. If i have any luck getting a race version or summat then i'll let you all know.
Thanks people :thumb:

phunkynova
17-06-10, 06:21 PM
this might help you when we ran a rally 2.0l 16v the drive shaft would go bang if we had full lock and full throttle, just had to learn not to give full boot with full lock on that fixed the problem for us.

mowgli
17-06-10, 06:57 PM
i read somewhere that a highly tuned engine on carbs & points can deliver the powerband with such a bang that it will snap driveshafts easily, but one on mapped ecu with bodies is way smoother & shouldn't break things... i suppose it depends on budget & class regs though

n-vaux
17-06-10, 07:55 PM
yeah i agree on not giving it a hard time on full lock but with autograss its just an oval track and im almost on full lock all the time just trying to get aroundlol .
It's good tho:d

mowgli
17-06-10, 11:11 PM
sounds like an oddball idea, but can't you stick a taller tyre on the outside rim to counteract the corner differences?

Mike
17-06-10, 11:23 PM
I got a corsa autograss car with a xe on 45's. Im havin trouble with c.v's breaking!! its got a welded diff so theres loads of strain on them. They're just normal astra etc 2.0 ltr ones inner and outta.
Any idea if i can get stronger ones or race ones??
:confused:

Must be a clue....

djbrowney
17-06-10, 11:33 PM
having the welded diff will be your problem lol, we snapped shafts in the green nova because of it. give auto vaux a ring !!!