PDA

View Full Version : lmf unbreakable shafts break...

lomas
14-06-10, 09:50 PM
anyone had a shaft snap before? when one of the cv joints broke the other week noticed that the splines that go into cv where twisted out of line and at the wknd the shaft actually snapped clean where the cv clip goes, they are only 3 months old. think they will give warranty as i even asked them will they snap and guaranteed they wouldnt

Adam
14-06-10, 09:52 PM
Did it go at pod yesterday???

And yeah "unbreakable" shafts do break,and it seems standard gm ones dont lol

Graeme
14-06-10, 09:53 PM
From what a few people have said on here, Lmf aren't keen on honoring warranties when the sh1t hits the fan

MK999
14-06-10, 09:53 PM
same thickness all the way down bar the circlip groove I assume?

MattBrown
14-06-10, 09:54 PM
From what a few people have said on here, Lmf aren't keen on honoring warranties when the sh1t hits the fan

Lad down here spent ages rowing with them, snapped the last 30mm of the shaft off lol

nova_saloon
14-06-10, 09:55 PM
lol oh dear, whats the spec of the engine and that. im running a standard XE and have been for about 2 years now. and im just using the GTE shafts on Mk2 Cav inners. and they have been fine!

Sturge
14-06-10, 09:59 PM
I snapped a standard shaft in a 1.4 lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 10:01 PM
lol oh dear, whats the spec of the engine and that. im running a standard XE and have been for about 2 years now. and im just using the GTE shafts on Mk2 Cav inners. and they have been fine!

The one up here was a 300bhp let.

nova_saloon
14-06-10, 10:03 PM
hmmm. tell them it looks to be a deficiancy in the metal and dont tell them your running that much. but yeh i can see why it broke, but still if they say unbreakable demand a new pair!

MattBrown
14-06-10, 10:05 PM
hmmm. tell them it looks to be a deficiancy in the metal and dont tell them your running that much. but yeh i can see why it broke, but still if they say unbreakable demand a new pair!

They will blame the fitting.

The cvs

The person driving.

Unbreakable, is in normal conditions, not kicking its tits in:(

nova_saloon
14-06-10, 10:09 PM
well its worth a shot. question them on how could they bit fitted incorrectly, say all new CV''s and its a standard let or XE. and ask them for a good explaination for why and then argue it.

lomas
14-06-10, 10:12 PM
gm ones seem to be ok, had standard xe ones in astra with same engine in and are ok, lmf said they tested there shafts on a nova with 350bhp and had no problems, broke at pod but noticed a few weeks ago they were startin to twist

nova_saloon
14-06-10, 10:15 PM
should of not given it the beans if you had noticed them twist. but if they say good to 350bhp then there bell ends

djbrowney
14-06-10, 10:16 PM
i have seen gm shafts were the splines on the end have twisted 90 deg :) but never seen on snap as of yet

have snapped a couple of 22 spline long shafts but never a big block shaft !!!

david dixon
14-06-10, 10:19 PM
LFM shafts are solid which is why they will snap!

David.

djbrowney
14-06-10, 10:21 PM
aint your shafts the same david ???

lomas
14-06-10, 10:22 PM

David.

got my name down for a set off you now and will ring lmf to see what the crack is as my nova is only about 300bhp

Dan Stanley
14-06-10, 10:23 PM
I dont rate lmf. The long shaft they sent me was a terrible fit. I had to file down the groves on the splines with a triangle file because they were too fat to fit in the CV. If I hadn't of been between a rock and a hard place then I would of sent them back. LMF told me on the phone that they hadn't had any other complaints and couldn't help me, wasn't impressed with their attitude.
:mad:

david dixon
14-06-10, 10:24 PM
aint your shafts the same david ???

No mate they are hollow ( they have a small hole running through to allow a little flex) :thumb: , solids will not give before they snap!

David.

MattBrown
14-06-10, 10:25 PM

David.

Theyre better with a small bore down the centre, more surface area, and flex.

Something has to flext, and its not gonna be the cvs unfortunatelylol

djbrowney
14-06-10, 10:28 PM
Theyre better with a small bore down the centre, more surface area, and flex.

Something has to flext, and its not gonna be the cvs unfortunatelylol

i have about 10 big block shafts down my workshop and not one of them has a bore down the middle :tard: There griffen/chris ashley ect ect

david dixon
14-06-10, 10:29 PM
yeah early ones where solid but we knew we had to change them before one did snap :thumb:

David.

djbrowney
14-06-10, 10:30 PM
so are the new ones solid ???

MattBrown
14-06-10, 10:30 PM
i have about 10 big block shafts down my workshop and not one of them has a bore down the middle :tard: There griffen/chris ashley ect ect

Ok, what do you want me to do:confused:

Its been proven theyre better with a centre bore, hence daves new ones have one.

Nova_Tek
14-06-10, 10:31 PM
Argue it. They've said 'unbreakable' they mentioned '350bhp'. They're fools for doing so.

david dixon
14-06-10, 10:32 PM
so are the new ones solid ???

No mate they have the bore holes

David.

djbrowney
14-06-10, 10:32 PM
Ok, what do you want me to do:confused:

Its been proven theyre better with a centre bore, hence daves new ones have one.

drop the attitude :mad:

you answered everything i wanted to know :thumb:

MattBrown
14-06-10, 10:35 PM
drop the attitude :mad:

you answered everything i wanted to know :thumb:

You started it;)

lol

djbrowney
14-06-10, 10:36 PM
No mate they have the bore holes

David.

cool cool you should have bough mine to pv as i was camped next to you lol lol lol

Mieran
14-06-10, 10:39 PM
I've got a video of when this happened

david dixon
14-06-10, 10:41 PM
cool cool you should have bough mine to pv as i was camped next to you lol lol lol

I know mate i didnt think about it, had so much to sort out! they will be with you shortly. :thumb:

David.

hartley
14-06-10, 10:41 PM
did ya get back from pv ok ben and what was up with pauls corsa mate

mayhem
15-06-10, 05:23 PM
arent lmf mtech shafts? cause you can break an mtech shaft with a NE

lomas
15-06-10, 10:37 PM
did ya get back from pv ok ben and what was up with pauls corsa mate
we got back but both on aa truck, paul blew the diff up on corsa, 1st run ran a 12.8 then 2nd run diff went