PDA

View Full Version : bad luck with cars!

jkhilton
05-05-03, 04:28 PM
Anyone else ave tis much bad luck??

I came up to Manchester last week to buy an Astra, but after driving it for about 4 miles the engine died. It was taken into a garage this last week and supposedly sorted, so I came back to hav another look, the engine seemed ok, but as I drove it this time, the exhaust fell off!!!!!
needless to say I am not buying the fooookin thing!

:evil:

I'm giving up on cars!!! :(

ade
05-05-03, 04:41 PM
lol- if I'd driven it 4 mioles after buying it I'd have pushed it back to the guy I bought it from and demanded money back.

Surely you checked it over and got someone mechanically minded to give it a once over before buying.

And please tell me youve got the docs!

:o

Know wot you mean ref cars though - mines back in the garage now getting temp gauge, and idling probs sorted at the moment. Carb aint set up right

:roll:

Sounds rough but to be honest if you never checked it over your yer own worst enema!

how much you pay for it?

Ade

jkhilton
05-05-03, 04:47 PM
I've not paid for it yet and wont be doing either!!

it was from a friend and it had just come out of a Vauxhall main dealer after having the engine rebuilt after the cambelt snapped. It has a virtually brand new engine, only done around 500 miles on the engine. All the receipts are there and I went down to the garage and asked them what work had been done.

The rest of the car is in perfect condition, it has only done around 40000 miles and is r reg.

It is still available to anyone that would be interested and has the time and patience to change the exhast! I can't be arsed, I just wanted a car that I could get in and drive away!

he is only looking for ?2500 for it,(he meeds to sell it fast due to debts!) similar ones on Autotrader are around ?3300-3800.

simon@novaheaven
05-05-03, 05:05 PM
its you john you are cursed and you have passed your cursed car luck on to me,

i bought your team dynamics alloys last year, since then had a piston smash after half a mile of driving after fitting my 16xe, i put a hole in my gearbox, petrol cap leaking and messed up my paint. and last night one of the wheels tried to get away (the wheel bolts were torqued correctly)

non of the problems were your fault but i think ill try blame you anyways lol

sorry to hear bout your bad luck but it aint just you as you can see from my bad luck also. ive had more probs than that with the car, there just the major ones

tonydry
05-05-03, 05:08 PM
bad luck lol im haveing one ov those days today changed the heater matrix now the fan dont work ????????

Tilly
05-05-03, 05:21 PM
:roll: ooooops

Ian
05-05-03, 06:01 PM
did you buy it from rick?

Dan
05-05-03, 06:12 PM
lmfao

mikeoxford
05-05-03, 11:22 PM
its usually me on a downer

stick with it mate.

good things always come eventually

my alloys, seats, and boot build have cheered me up no end

?Marty?
07-05-03, 01:27 AM
My mate bought a Nova, drove it down the motorway and the engine blew up. So he bought a new engine and had it fitted by a mechanic. But he didnt tighten a few things properly, so when he started the car, it ran for 60 seconds before the pistons smashed the fuck out of the valves.

So he got another engine, had it fitted. Drove it around for a bit (had to spend ?300 to get it through the MoT!) before pulling out infront of a bus out of a junction and being smacked into the side by a car overtaking the bus (which he didn't see). Car was shaped like a banana and he couldn't open the drivers side door at all.

Still drove it around like that for a while!! Had to get in and out through the passenger side! Mad.

novaboy_southwest
07-05-03, 01:35 AM
bad luck when i got mine fitted alarm only place i thought was good place for siren was next to wiper moter ok untill it raind, rain cum through amd made siren wet so i disconected bad idea wires got caught in wiper moter and shorted the stating moter and coil got that fixed that was second dau i had the car following week it got broken into new lock and 100 pound of cds replaced altinater over charged battery new battery and altinater fitted amp and sub bad earth on amp battery dead

Rick Draper
07-05-03, 10:27 AM
LMFMO i see my good name has been dragged up in this conversation. Rick