PDA

View Full Version : French POS!

MattBrown
13-06-10, 11:48 PM
Well, were home, myself and cooltiger.

After a 7 hour stop on the m6 friday, a polish man took £80 and took us into santapod (90 miles)

After the french POS decided to die, alternator failure.

Then we joined the AA and got relayed home tonight.

NEVER EVER AGAIN SHALL I TAKE A FRENCH CAR TO PVSlol

And to top it off, the show was crap, exactly the same as last yr, just more gearbox breakageslol

CoolTiger
13-06-10, 11:52 PM
how much i owe u ?

Adam
13-06-10, 11:53 PM
Xe Nova Ftw

General Baxter
13-06-10, 11:53 PM
maybe you could of drove your nova there,

HA lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:02 AM
maybe you could of drove your nova there,

HA lol

Or your nova?

Or your astra?

BIGGER halol

mowgli
14-06-10, 08:51 AM
nicks nova runs.... he just hates it..........

whats stopping yours from running???

MattBrown
14-06-10, 09:47 AM

The queen:(

Andy
14-06-10, 10:32 AM
Then in that case,you truly fail at life

General Baxter
14-06-10, 10:43 AM

his license lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 10:48 AM
Then in that case,you truly fail at life

How silly, all people under 16 fail at life then?

Im not exactly doing bad for an 18 year old.

mowgli
14-06-10, 10:52 AM
if you are 18, where did you get all this experience from????

General Baxter
14-06-10, 10:54 AM

yes as 90% of them take drugs, booze and drive anyway,
your 18?

**** me, and lost your license allready, lol just shows you whats wrong with this world,

iv just had my first major bump since starting to drive, never had any points, even learned to drive in a bodykitted c20xe on 48 carbs lol

am i allowed to get the spoon out on this thread ?
mike want to get the knife? lol

if you cut it all up ill stur it lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 10:55 AM
if you are 18, where did you get all this experience from????

Start younglol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 10:56 AM
yes as 90% of them take drugs, booze and drive anyway,
your 18?

**** me, and lost your license allready, lol just shows you whats wrong with this world,

iv just had my first major bump since starting to drive, never had any points, even learned to drive in a bodykitted c20xe on 48 carbs lol

am i allowed to get the spoon out on this thread ?
mike want to get the knife? lol

if you cut it all up ill stur it lol

Its ok, im out all the time now, vandalising cars, tw4tting old people, drink, drugs etc

:thumb:

draper
14-06-10, 10:56 AM
er, i was banned at 18 aswell lol

General Baxter
14-06-10, 10:57 AM
Its ok, im out all the time now, vandalising cars, tw4tting old people, drink, drugs etc

:thumb:

so hard, want a bum ?

MattBrown
14-06-10, 10:58 AM
so hard, want a bum ?

Only from you xxlol

MattBrown
er, i was banned at 18 aswell lol

Pure scumbaglol

draper
Pure scumbaglol

quoted for truth

lol

mowgli
14-06-10, 10:59 AM
i didn't realise you had all this experience from starting young, i just thought you relied on google & bull sh!t

MattBrown
14-06-10, 11:00 AM
i didn't realise you had all this experience from starting young, i just thought you relied on google & bull sh!t

Lol, skimming heads?

General Baxter
14-06-10, 11:09 AM
theres no need lol

we are god to you, your scum lol

mowgli
14-06-10, 11:17 AM
Right. if you want a fight, you'll get one.

go away and find proof to rip a hole in my argument as to why skimming isn't necessary 99% of the time, and also disprove my points on just how tight a head gasket gets bolted down whilst you're at it. cos you won't......
everything i put on that thread was based on experience & a scientific understanding, not cos some failed mechanic who teaches at a local technical college says you should.

General Baxter
14-06-10, 11:17 AM
Ha lol

as said, my std 1.4 8v, ran faster then adams modded 1.6 16v, skimmed head with a grinder, dremaled pistons, ran for over a year, head bolts just done to FT, even reused some bolts,
and at 8500rpm for 5mins at a time lol

and if you look on google, vauxhall recomend you dont skim there new heads, so ner lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 11:27 AM
Right. if you want a fight, you'll get one.

go away and find proof to rip a hole in my argument as to why skimming isn't necessary 99% of the time, and also disprove my points on just how tight a head gasket gets bolted down whilst you're at it. cos you won't......
everything i put on that thread was based on experience & a scientific understanding, not cos some failed mechanic who teaches at a local technical college says you should.

I have never disagreed with you.

If the head isnt warped, then it will run fine.

Ive built loads of engines without a skim.

Even full blown motox engines.

General Baxter
14-06-10, 11:32 AM
get your exhaust mainfold skimmed, that gets hot, whilst at it, what about the inlet ? lol

oh noes, my rocker cover gasket is blown, i must get my rocker cover skimmed :p

edit, what about the little drip from the water pump, do i need that skimming ?

mowgli
14-06-10, 11:42 AM
i actually went to see a mate who is a proper engineer, to make sure i wasn't going mad... he started telling me about cars with skimmed heads that were snapping camshafts because the journals were out of line. he knows a little about combustion, he makes airguns for a hobby & gets the air pressure so high, it ignites the lubricant, ie: like a diesel engine, so the little air gun is as powerful as a 'real gun' but much more legal......cough cough

Stuart
14-06-10, 11:43 AM
i actually went to see a mate who is a proper engineer, to make sure i wasn't going mad... he started telling me about cars with skimmed heads that were snapping camshafts because the journals were out of line. he knows a little about combustion, he makes airguns for a hobby & gets the air pressure so high, it ignites the lubricant, ie: like a diesel engine, so the little air gun is as powerful as a 'real gun' but much more legal......cough cough

did he tell you that the combustion event in a petrol engine is a BURN not an explosion...

as much as Matt is a complete tool, You and baxter really arent doing yourselves many favours lol
So EVERY car thats had a head skim snaps its shafts??

I'd go with a head thats warped so much to get the cam bearings out of alignment means the head is scrap, not for skimming.
Or the place that skimmed it left crap in the oilways to make the camshaft rundry, over heat and snap

General Baxter
14-06-10, 11:47 AM
di
as much as Matt is a complete tool, You and baxter really arent doing yourselves many favours lol

i never do lol

mike i can put an end to this, all the cars in the midlands have better engines, better steel, unlike the other crap around the country :)
example the bike factroy, best bikes in the world lol

Mieran
14-06-10, 11:56 AM
I saw 2 172s on a back on an AA truck, probably never made it to FCS lol

mowgli
14-06-10, 11:57 AM
Stu, you really are pedantic, i used the word explosion.... i didn't get the dictionary out, as far as my use of the word is that an explosion is a particularly vigorous burn..

Andy
14-06-10, 11:58 AM
i never do lol

mike i can put an end to this, all the cars in the midlands have better engines, better steel, unlike the other crap around the country :)
example the bike factroy, best bikes in the world lol
excellent accent typing there son! lol

Stuart
14-06-10, 11:58 AM
an explosion is VERY different to a burn... even a vigorous one (but as said in the original thread, an IC burn event has the flame front moving at walking pace, so its not that vigorous)

and you are being pedantic about a head never needs a skim blah blah blah

Andy
14-06-10, 12:00 PM

why were you banned again?

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:01 PM
why were you banned again?

Racing.

mowgli
14-06-10, 12:03 PM
it might be a burn that goes at walking pace, but it makes the piston go at a a hell of a lot faster than that.

Stuart
14-06-10, 12:06 PM
ahhh so that makes it an explosion.... of course.. :wall:

And I wasnt joking asking if youve had a stroke or something of late, its like youve completely changed your engineering mentality/understanding to that of someone like mr Brown here :( :s

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:08 PM
ahhh so that makes it an explosion.... of course.. :wall:

And I wasnt joking asking if youve had a stroke or something of late, its like youve completely changed your engineering mentality/understanding to that of someone like mr Brown here :( :s

Huh?

Im agreeing partly with everyone.

Sheesh, I said "skimming" as a joke, its not fuking hard is itlol

Andy
14-06-10, 12:09 PM
so you agree you fail at life? lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:11 PM
so you agree you fail at life? lol

Im not failing at all.

The only thing i failed at was stopping before the car I was racing

Getting caught FTLlol

Andy
14-06-10, 12:12 PM
How long did you get?

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:24 PM
12 months lol

Sloth
14-06-10, 12:26 PM
not long nuff. /\

matt, a question for you:

your building a let nova, your banned for "racing", what "codes" did you get on your licence? also do you seriously think the cops will go easy on you when you get your nova on the road? they will be watching for any car in your name or on the insurance database. so cheif, whats the plan? stealth paintwork? or are you gonna have a sex change and dress as a chick?

Stuart
14-06-10, 12:27 PM
or are you gonna have a sex change and dress as a chick?

I'd hit it

Andy
14-06-10, 12:29 PM
whats going to make me rofl hard is the insurance price.They will hit him harder than someone with an aggravated TWOC on their licence lol

burgo
14-06-10, 12:31 PM
whats going to make me rofl hard is the insurance price.They will hit him harder than someone with an aggravated TWOC on their licence lolaggravated twoc is not a motoring conviction so doesnt go on your licence!!!

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:35 PM
not long nuff. /\

matt, a question for you:

your building a let nova, your banned for "racing", what "codes" did you get on your licence? also do you seriously think the cops will go easy on you when you get your nova on the road? they will be watching for any car in your name or on the insurance database. so cheif, whats the plan? stealth paintwork? or are you gonna have a sex change and dress as a chick?

Dunno what codes mate.

Not really, as it will end up in someone elses name, so when it comes up, it will come up clean.

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:35 PM
aggravated twoc is not a motoring conviction so doesnt go on your licence!!!

Correct:)

My mum got attacked, car robbed etc, they got fk all for it aswell:mad:

Andy
14-06-10, 12:37 PM
Ut50??

Andy
14-06-10, 12:38 PM
http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/crimertocodesandpoints.htm

Stuart
14-06-10, 12:38 PM
Dunno what codes mate.

Not really, as it will end up in someone elses name, so when it comes up, it will come up clean.

ffs, you are a cretin arent you.

'WE' dont condone such acts, and if you do, do them, dont sodding tell everyone on a public forum :wall:

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:39 PM
According to that list andy "motor racing on a public highway" is MS50 lol

burgo
14-06-10, 12:40 PM
can we ban him please lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:40 PM
ffs, you are a cretin arent you.

'WE' dont condone such acts, and if you do, do them, dont sodding tell everyone on a public forum :wall:

Huh?

How is it illegal?

Ill sell the car to my dad then:roll:

Stuart
14-06-10, 12:41 PM
6 and 15 mixed ;)

Stuart
14-06-10, 12:41 PM
Huh?

How is it illegal?

Ill sell the car to my dad then:roll:

and you will be the main driver on his named policy? hello fronting how are you today.

Sloth
14-06-10, 12:42 PM
/\ lmao @ that. so you wont have any insurance, and with your record, the court will let big bubba turn your **** into a blood orange. heres some advice from someone who's been here and done it: wise up, grow up, man up. and anymore stupid ass insurnance fraud crap, and i will personnaly find you at a show, pop your left eye out with a rusty corkscrew and skull fukk the hole. enjoy.

(mods, apologies if thats harsh but that crap really ferks me off)

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:43 PM
and you will be the main driver on his named policy? hello fronting how are you today.

Im lost here?

The car isnt even going on the road for at least 2 years:confused:

How can png jump down my throat, from me building a let nova, are people jelous or something?

Seems all the nw boys like the idea, as alot of them are helping in one way or another.

Andy
14-06-10, 12:43 PM
As i said earlier in the thread,and with the latest vomit your talking....you fail at life lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:44 PM
/\ lmao @ that. so you wont have any insurance, and with your record, the court will let big bubba turn your **** into a blood orange. heres some advice from someone who's been here and done it: wise up, grow up, man up. and anymore stupid ass insurnance fraud crap, and i will personnaly find you at a show, pop your left eye out with a rusty corkscrew and skull fukk the hole. enjoy.

(mods, apologies if thats harsh but that crap really ferks me off)

lol

Ill be at billing.

Sloth
14-06-10, 12:46 PM
i wont, i have a life, i'll be getting married.
enjoy failing at life/tainting the gene pool/stealing oxygen.

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:47 PM
i wont, i have a life, i'll be getting married.
enjoy failing at life/tainting the gene pool/stealing oxygen.

Enjoy your cav, and australia:thumb:

General Baxter
14-06-10, 12:48 PM
MS50 in a 1L FTW lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:49 PM
MS50 in a 1L FTW lol

Gotta love baxterlol

General Baxter
14-06-10, 12:51 PM
did you get pissed off with the size of the snails penis, so you had to race him?

bet it was a close race lol

mowgli
get a nice pushbike matt.... or find an employer with a works van you can drive..... then wait for everything else to run out..... delaying the inevitable of paying big for your own insurance & getting your own personal insurance history is a false economy.

burgo
Im lost here?

The car isnt even going on the road for at least 2 years:confused:

How can png jump down my throat, from me building a let nova, are people jelous or something?

Seems all the nw boys like the idea, as alot of them are helping in one way or another.

and then you still plan to put it in your dads name!!! you have literally JUST said it, that is known as fronting, google it

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:54 PM
and then you still plan to put it in your dads name!!! you have literally JUST said it, that is known as fronting, google it
lol

All I have to do is say 1 thing, and everyone goes mad.

This is the best entertainment for freelol

did you get pissed off with the size of the snails penis, so you had to race him?

bet it was a close race lol
It was, we were both in 1.0, and 1.2 lol

General Baxter
14-06-10, 12:55 PM
you wont beable to insure a let with the mods you plan until your atleast 25

so we know your doing something illegal lol

your 1L will cost you over £2.5k to insure when your allowed back on the road, so a LET it way off lol

burgo
14-06-10, 12:55 PM
lol

All I have to do is say 1 thing, and everyone goes mad.

This is the best entertainment for freelol

and now clearly showing just how young you are, you will grow up one day i guess

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:56 PM
you wont beable to insure a let with the mods you plan until your atleast 25

so we know your doing something illegal lol

your 1L will cost you over £2.5k to insure when your allowed back on the road, so a LET it way off lol
Didnt you pay £4800 to insure a valver at 18?lol

and now clearly showing just how young you are, you will grow up one day i guess
Maybe, i am a big kid insidelol

General Baxter
14-06-10, 12:56 PM
yes, but i was legal

MattBrown
14-06-10, 12:58 PM
yes, but i was legal

Im lost here.

PNG can guarentee that im insuring or doing something illegal?

All im doing is building a let nova, if I dont want it on the road then whats the problem.

Southie
14-06-10, 12:58 PM
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/Smilie%20GIFs%20pt2/popcorm1.gif

mowgli
14-06-10, 12:59 PM
matt, a man only has to shag one sheep to get called a sheep shagger for the rest of his life.... its a reputation thing

General Baxter
14-06-10, 12:59 PM
your from up north, you lot are allways dodgy lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 01:00 PM
matt, a man only has to shag one sheep to get called a sheep shagger for the rest of his life.... its a reputation thing

Just coz i live in wales, doesnt mean i shag sheeplol

General Baxter
14-06-10, 01:01 PM
erm yes lol

mowgli
14-06-10, 01:02 PM
maybe he's been banned from that too...........

burgo
Im lost here.

PNG can guarentee that im insuring or doing something illegal?

All im doing is building a let nova, if I dont want it on the road then whats the problem.

Dunno what codes mate.

from the evidence posted by yourself what else are we left to assume?

MattBrown
erm yes lol
lol

So, from a borked alternator, to a let nova, that im not allowed to ownlol

Epic thread once again:d

from the evidence posted by yourself what else are we left to assume?
Assumptions cause alot of problems.

I assumed there would be no police when we raced.

Never assume

It will make an ass out of u and me

General Baxter
14-06-10, 01:05 PM
lol

So, from a borked alternator, to a let nova, that im not allowed to ownlol

we did not say your not allowed to own it, were just saying by your reputation, your going to be an **** with it, and kill your self or someone else whilst uninsured

looking at your build thread, i have more chance of me not bodging, then yours falling to bits the first time its on its wheels lol

burgo
14-06-10, 01:06 PM
your the only ass here dude ;)

MattBrown
14-06-10, 01:07 PM
we did not say your not allowed to own it, were just saying by your reputation, your going to be an **** with it, and kill your self or someone else whilst uninsured

lol

Thats just silly.

Its like me saying, with your reputation, its guarenteed to fall apart at 120mph, and kill someonelol

General Baxter
14-06-10, 01:08 PM
lol

Thats just silly.

Its like me saying, with your reputation, its guarenteed to fall apart at 120mph, and kill someonelol

yes but its fully legal :p

i know my rep it shocking, but iv built the xe correct and had nothing but problems, if i put it in with bluetac would be running fine :p

MattBrown
14-06-10, 01:08 PM
yes but its fully legal :p

lol

Mine will be legal:thumb:

General Baxter
14-06-10, 01:09 PM
how much to insure tho, could you even get insured lol

burgo
14-06-10, 01:10 PM
lol

Mine will be legal:thumb:so your now not going to be "selling it to your dad" and insuring it under his name as you have previously stated?

MattBrown
14-06-10, 01:10 PM
how much to insure tho, could you even get insured lol

If its not on the road till im 22, then it works out to £1200

Everything declared, running 300bhp:thumb:

MattBrown
14-06-10, 01:12 PM
so your now not going to be "selling it to your dad" and insuring it under his name as you have previously stated?

It was a joke, anyone who knows my dad would know he wouldnt let me anywayslol

I find it epic, that on a certain other forum, uninsured mods they say "on your head be it"

But then one of the most modded, crashed, and uninsured cars ever, the owners jump at youlol

burgo
14-06-10, 01:15 PM
If its not on the road till im 22, then it works out to £1200

Everything declared, running 300bhp:thumb:bull****, i had to pay £1200 to insure the estate, and you seriously think quote now will be valid then. plus i thought you were 18? if its going to be on the road in two years (as already stated by you) that would make you only 20?

MattBrown
14-06-10, 01:16 PM
bull****, i had to pay £1200 to insure the estate, and you seriously think quote now will be valid then. plus i thought you were 18? if its going to be on the road in two years (as already stated by you) that would make you only 20?

Huh?

Ok, im lying.

That lad who owns the phone shop, is paying £1200, on a let nova all declared.

Maybe the "A" rated postcode helps:confused:

burgo
14-06-10, 01:17 PM
yes but has he been banned??

thats like saying i can insure a car for exactly the same price as someone my age, which is far from true, there are so many factors that make up a quote going off him being 22 and it being a LET is beyond stupid

General Baxter
14-06-10, 01:18 PM
It was a joke, anyone who knows my dad would know he wouldnt let me anywayslol

I find it epic, that on a certain other forum, uninsured mods they say "on your head be it"

But then one of the most modded, crashed, and uninsured cars ever, the owners jump at youlol

because one day, we know you will be in convoy with us, and your driving history, you can **** off running into the back of me

draper
14-06-10, 01:18 PM
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/Smilie%20GIFs%20pt2/popcorm1.gif

budge up on the PNG sofa

draper
14-06-10, 01:19 PM
do the hells angels have an insurance firm ?

mowgli
14-06-10, 01:20 PM

now that is one hell of an allegation............

MattBrown
14-06-10, 01:29 PM
now that is one hell of an allegation............

How is it?

How many nova's do you remeber, that were modded, and insured as standard?

Theres at least 5 round here still.

MattBrown
14-06-10, 01:30 PM
yes but has he been banned??

thats like saying i can insure a car for exactly the same price as someone my age, which is far from true, there are so many factors that make up a quote going off him being 22 and it being a LET is beyond stupid

What makes yuour insurance so high then?

£1200 for a 1.2 nova, with a modded shell?

Southie
14-06-10, 01:31 PM
budge up on the PNG sofa http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/Smilie%20GIFs%20pt2/jerry.gifhttp://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/Smilie%20GIFs%20pt2/drinks.gif

mowgli
14-06-10, 01:32 PM
i try to be very legal. i nearly killed myself in a bad smash on third party insurance with minimal cover, and no legal backup & had to fight to keep my licence........ since then, i've been fully comp, it costs more, but if anything goes wrong, i'm covered.

Sloth
14-06-10, 01:33 PM
this is epic, who else here thinks he'd fit in mint on corsa c?

also, i know for a fact that if you ran into the back of any of us, you'd be bummed faster than you can say "oooooh i dropped the soap"

draper + southie, i have doritos, any room on the sofa?

burgo
14-06-10, 01:34 PM
What makes yuour insurance so high then?

£1200 for a 1.2 nova, with a modded shell?a dr10 for which i got a 12 month ban, and £1200 was limited mileage and im 24!!

Sloth
14-06-10, 01:40 PM
my 2 sp30's and my lc20 add on average £500 to any policy.

Stuart
14-06-10, 01:54 PM
so £1200 in 4 years time (given an average 10% increase, and not including your bannage) = £1756.95, add on say sloths example costs (increasing with 10% a year) of £732.05

mmmm costly lol

draper
14-06-10, 01:56 PM
tbh even trying to guess how much your insurance will be next year is pointless never mind 2-4years lol

burgo
14-06-10, 01:57 PM
and add on the factor of only previous driving experience was a 1L nova will bump it up as well, yes insurance companies do take car history into account as well.

MattBrown
so £1200 in 4 years time (given an average 10% increase, and not including your bannage) = £1756.95, add on say sloths example costs (increasing with 10% a year) of £732.05

mmmm costly lol

£2000 will suit me fine.

Car is going on a track for the first few years anyways.

I dont even know if im going to use it on the road yet.

God you lot are easy to wind uplol

Sloth
and tbh stu, theyre low cost codes, so to speak. i'll bet a hobnob matt has very different ones on his...... which will be alot more expensive.

draper
14-06-10, 01:58 PM
did i just hear an order for backwards peddles ?

Sloth
14-06-10, 01:58 PM
oh and iirc some tracks wont let you on with certain codes on yer licence....

burgo
14-06-10, 01:59 PM
£2000 will suit me fine.

Car is going on a track for the first few years anyways.

I dont even know if im going to use it on the road yet.

God you lot are easy to wind uplol

seems you need to go back to school. your maths sucks

1756.95 + 732.05 = 2489!!

MattBrown
did i just hear an order for backwards peddles ?

Not at all, its called taking the piss.

I am the king of flaming keyboardslol

General Baxter
oh and iirc some tracks wont let you on with certain codes on yer licence....

id say racing lol

matt, how wil you get it to the track ?

Stuart
14-06-10, 02:00 PM
mmmm just what you want on a track day.... a retard who loves to 'race' and has cock all driving experience in a car thats built from fairydust.

given the cost of TD's is going up too, by the time you get the car out they will be about the same price as your insurance lol

Southie
14-06-10, 02:01 PM
Not at all, its called taking the piss.

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/SEA/AA34.jpg

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/Smilie%20GIFs/smiley1373.gif

Sloth
14-06-10, 02:04 PM
roflmyunlicensedletpowered50ccmopedguvasitsallican affordcopter.....

General Baxter
14-06-10, 02:07 PM
^ ha lol

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rob again.

Sloth
14-06-10, 02:17 PM
cheers :d
i know i can be a bell end but jesus, some times even i wonder....

Stuart
14-06-10, 02:33 PM
youre looking saintly at the moment lol

Sloth
14-06-10, 02:38 PM
haha!

pikey1986
14-06-10, 02:45 PM
epic thread, im wiping tears from my eyes lol

Joe Richardson
14-06-10, 03:39 PM
pmsl at this tread it is pure comody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Graeme
14-06-10, 05:54 PM
Am I the only one who finds these 'we know better, we're older and wiser' threads boring?

Angus Closier
14-06-10, 06:18 PM
I want to be on the sofa, big enough for me aswell:confused:

Me loves the epicness lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 06:23 PM
Am I the only one who finds these 'we know better, we're older and wiser' threads boring?

No, there p!ss funnylol

Makes people look stoopidlol

Angus Closier
14-06-10, 06:56 PM
No, there p!ss funnylol

Makes me look stoopidlol

sorry had to edit lol

(nothing against you)

General Baxter
14-06-10, 06:57 PM

its ok, we will go back to sloth bashing or naplam, next week lol

MattBrown
14-06-10, 07:50 PM
its ok, we will go back to sloth bashing or naplam, next week lol

lol

Is this my 15 mins of fame then?lol

mk1nova_rich
14-06-10, 08:34 PM
what a comical thread

Jack
15-06-10, 06:17 PM
LMFAO

Mattbrown in "I backpeddle faster than the French army on a bmx and try to make it all sound like a big joke" shocker lol

Joke's on you, kiddo.

matt_vaughan
16-06-10, 09:13 AM
Matt. Dont complain mate. You practically admitted to planning to front your insurance on the LET.

WE are all paying for pr1cks to front insurance, especially younger drivers like myself where the same age tend to front a lot!

So dont be surprised when people jump down your throat about it.

I could easily drop a LET in mine and not tell insurace, and the coppers round here dont check, so i'd probably get away with it....have i done it...no.

Good luck insuring the LET.

*goes to find mattbrown "1.0 engine wanted" thread*

mowgli
16-06-10, 09:21 AM
and i wonder why people don't try to extract big hp out of a 1.0.... with a bit of work, 80hp should be doable with no outward signs.... maybe more with bits from a 1.2ohv........

Stuart
16-06-10, 09:23 AM
and i wonder why people don't try to extract big hp out of a 1.0.... with a bit of work, 80hp should be doable with no outward signs.... maybe more with bits from a 1.2ohv........

because in principle thats worse than simply sticking an uninsured LET in lol

Jack
16-06-10, 09:29 AM
Because why bother with only 80bhp on 1.0 insurance when you can have 200bhp on 1.0 insurance? lol

MattBrown
16-06-10, 09:38 AM

What parts from a 1.2 8v fit? maybe the plugs?

Also, thats also illegal.

Jon_nova1
16-06-10, 09:41 AM
Actually Matt never said anything about fronting, he said the car would be in his dads name, he never said he would be a named driver on a policy.

I don't see how someone that is building a let nova and has pretty much no parts to get it built should be of concern to any of you?? its not exactly going to be finished in a month, and none of you really know whats going to happen when it is finished

MattBrown
16-06-10, 09:43 AM
Actually Matt never said anything about fronting, he said the car would be in his dads name, he never said he would be a named driver on a policy.

I don't see how someone that is building a let nova and has pretty much no parts to get it built should be of concern to any of you?? its not exactly going to be finished in a month, and none of you really know whats going to happen when it is finished

Hmm, ill disagree here.

I have all the parts to build it now.

Just not to the spec i would like.

Only need an f28 and shiny bits now.

Got absolutely everything else, if I chose to run an f20, i have one of them toolol

And yes, it will be on the policy as me, but in his name, so I don't get pulled every 5 minutes, as I said.

Jon_nova1
16-06-10, 09:57 AM
well come back when its built and ready to go on the road and hasn't been stripped/scrapped or sold as a work in progress, then im sure there can be a discussion on everyone thats moaning about you street racing even though the only difference between you and the majority of PNG is you got caught.

theres the easy way or the hard way, unfortunately you got the hard way and have to deal with the consequences

Stuart
16-06-10, 09:57 AM
And yes, it will be on the policy as me, but in his name, so I don't get pulled every 5 minutes, as I said.

so fronting then :)

Jon_nova1
16-06-10, 10:03 AM

so fronting then :)

I think he was agreeing with what he quoted on that part rather than what you want to think he's saying

MattBrown
16-06-10, 10:07 AM
well come back when its built and ready to go on the road and hasn't been stripped/scrapped or sold as a work in progress, then im sure there can be a discussion on everyone thats moaning about you street racing even though the only difference between you and the majority of PNG is you got caught.

theres the easy way or the hard way, unfortunately you got the hard way and have to deal with the consequences

Yup, your exactly right.

I got caught, it was a risk I took, and that time, It backfired.

Ill do the 12 months without touching the road.

Then have a shat corsa or something as a daily

dave watson
16-06-10, 10:13 AM
lol this thread has made me laff this mornin haha but being banned and wanting to get a let nova haha you miist be well loaded i am 18 and i want an xe nova but i want more experiance and i wanna see how much it will cost before i put one in because its not worth putting an xe in if you carnt insure it propley

MattBrown
16-06-10, 10:15 AM
lol this thread has made me laff this mornin haha but being banned and wanting to get a let nova haha you miist be well loaded i am 18 and i want an xe nova but i want more experiance and i wanna see how much it will cost before i put one in because its not worth putting an xe in if you carnt insure it propley

Flux quoted me £2200 for an xe at 18.

and £1356 at 19.

Get it done:thumb:

Stuart
16-06-10, 10:17 AM
I think he was agreeing with what he quoted on that part rather than what you want to think he's saying

So having someone else as the owner and policy in said persons name (ie they are the main driver) and then matt being a named (seconadry/occasional) driver, and then matt using said car more often than the 'owner/policyholder' isnt going to happen?

Matts dad will merrily drive the LET nova round atleast 4 days a week and thenMatt will simply borrow it now and again..... yeah ok thats a lovely world you are living in lol

dave watson
16-06-10, 10:23 AM
Flux quoted me £2200 for an xe at 18.

and £1356 at 19.

Get it done:thumb:

i think it is gonna get done next feb take a few days off work and take the xe out my brothers corsa and put it in my nova then let his corsa, as soon as i start insuering fast cars the cheaper it will become my brother has had loads of xe corsas and he 22 he insures an xe corsa and a mk 4 gsi astra and its onley a 800 for the two of them i think

Southie
16-06-10, 10:35 AM
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/Smilie%20GIFs/smiley3857.gif

Jack
16-06-10, 11:23 AM
Quite the opposite unfortunately.

Look at it this way:

Situation 1. Plod see you drive past. Check out insurance - logged to Matt Brown, 18 year old kid (or however old you are), insurance, tax, MOT all in order. They might pull you over to check the car out for the usual easy hits (tyres etc), but otherwise things will be straight.

Situation 2. Plod see you drive past. Check out insurance - logged to Old Man Brown, an xyz-year old bloke. Hang on, thats not right, there was a young kid driving that. Novas are easy to nick - they'll assume the worst. Blues on, pull him over...

Already you can see that plod's back will be up in situation #2 and I can wager they'll be more aggressive in terms of finding something to nick you for.

Stuart
16-06-10, 11:28 AM
Quite the opposite unfortunately.

Look at it this way:

Situation 1. Plod see you drive past. Check out insurance - logged to Matt Brown, 18 year old kid (or however old you are), insurance, tax, MOT all in order. They might pull you over to check the car out for the usual easy hits (tyres etc), but otherwise things will be straight.

Situation 2. Plod see you drive past. Check out insurance - logged to Old Man Brown, an xyz-year old bloke. Hang on, thats not right, there was a young kid driving that. Novas are easy to nick - they'll assume the worst. Blues on, pull him over...

Already you can see that plod's back will be up in situation #2 and I can wager they'll be more aggressive in terms of finding something to nick you for.

Twas just like that on the channel5 police enforceers program the other night... R32 golf registered to an old bloke, driven by his son.... (ok he was driving keenly too) tadaaaa pulled and searched for drugs etc.

Jon_nova1
16-06-10, 11:36 AM
So having someone else as the owner and policy in said persons name (ie they are the main driver) and then matt being a named (seconadry/occasional) driver, and then matt using said car more often than the 'owner/policyholder' isnt going to happen?

Matts dad will merrily drive the LET nova round atleast 4 days a week and thenMatt will simply borrow it now and again..... yeah ok thats a lovely world you are living in lol

Who said having a car in someone elses name was going to be followed by a policy in someone elses name? having a car registered in someone elses name and having your own insurance policy with the car registered to someone else is perfectly legal.

The driver is looking at it in perspective of the checks will come back as owned by someone with a clean licence, this will also come back as insured whether the police decide to check who its insured for is upto them.

novaxe235
16-06-10, 12:16 PM
Twas just like that on the channel5 police enforceers program the other night... R32 golf registered to an old bloke, driven by his son.... (ok he was driving keenly too) tadaaaa pulled and searched for drugs etc.I watched that was pretty good.

Stuart
16-06-10, 12:22 PM
first time we had it on too... was velly funny.

MattBrown
16-06-10, 12:48 PM
Who said having a car in someone elses name was going to be followed by a policy in someone elses name? having a car registered in someone elses name and having your own insurance policy with the car registered to someone else is perfectly legal.

The driver is looking at it in perspective of the checks will come back as owned by someone with a clean licence, this will also come back as insured whether the police decide to check who its insured for is upto them.

So what about my dads motorbikes?

When Im riding them, is that illegal?

As theyre not in my name?

As I really CBA having ache over one of his babyslol

Jon_nova1
16-06-10, 12:52 PM
It depends, maybe you should read things properly before assuming, the vehicle can be registered to whoever you want. If you want the insurance to be valid the company would have to know it is registered to your dad, in most cases you would fill this in on the insurance form if the owner differs from the policy holder

MattBrown
16-06-10, 12:59 PM
It depends, maybe you should read things properly before assuming, the vehicle can be registered to whoever you want. If you want the insurance to be valid the company would have to know it is registered to your dad, in most cases you would fill this in on the insurance form if the owner differs from the policy holder

So its people just assuming its fronting.

Yeah, I guess not listening to people is the best way, as if its in his name, with me as the policy holder, how is it fronting?

Stuart
16-06-10, 01:01 PM
I'd expect a massive dry humping from the insurance for that, as most places expect you to own the car and be policy holder

plus not actually 'owning the car' will do feck all for you lol

Jack
16-06-10, 01:02 PM
Matt did, previously, as has been quoted a few times.

As for insurance, its possible to insure someone else's car, but its very rare - most insurance companies state, to varying levels of obviuosness, the registered keeper must be the primary driver (hence why Matt said he'd "sell" the car to his dad). I opened up that can of worms a while back when I tried to insure my gf's car in my name whilst the Celica was off the road lol

burgo
16-06-10, 01:26 PM
What parts from a 1.2 8v fit? maybe the plugs?

Also, thats also illegal.you need to start reading properly fella. mowgli said the 1.2 OHV engine not he OHC engine

mowgli
16-06-10, 01:28 PM
you need to start reading properly fella. mowgli said the 1.2 OHV engine not he OHC engine

ta, burgo,

minor listed mods on a classic car with a 1.0 engine would still make it very cheap to insure... and tax.... ask a mini owner.

pikey1986
16-06-10, 01:49 PM
Matt did, previously, as has been quoted a few times.

As for insurance, its possible to insure someone else's car, but its very rare - most insurance companies state, to varying levels of obviuosness, the registered keeper must be the primary driver (hence why Matt said he'd "sell" the car to his dad). I opened up that can of worms a while back when I tried to insure my gf's car in my name whilst the Celica was off the road lol

when i first insured my astra it was registered to my neighbour (i was paying them weekly for it) and they (the insurance company) told me i had 30days to get the car registered in my name or the policy would become void

mowgli
16-06-10, 04:07 PM
owner & registered keeper are 2 completely different things.....

Stuart
16-06-10, 04:19 PM
owner & registered keeper are 2 completely different things.....

unless you are the HPI company that 'owns' the car, ownership and keepership are hard to differentiate/prove.

mowgli
16-06-10, 04:22 PM
leasing, and finance houses etc...

Stuart
16-06-10, 04:23 PM
yes but you having the a car registered as someone elses then claiming ownership in the 'private' world is going to be entertaining to prove

MattBrown
16-06-10, 06:39 PM
So if you have a mortgage you don't own your house?

As when you have finance, you don't own the car till its 100% paid for.

Hence if you sell it, the first thing you have to do is pay the finance off in full.

burgo
16-06-10, 06:43 PM
So if you have a mortgage you don't own your house?

As when you have finance, you don't own the car till its 100% paid for.

Hence if you sell it, the first thing you have to do is pay the finance off in full.

correct, hence why if you dont pay your mortgage they take your house

MattBrown
16-06-10, 06:44 PM
correct, hence why if you dont pay your mortgage they take your house

FTLlol

MattBrown
16-06-10, 06:45 PM
Im living with mummy and daddy, till I have 1000 cars and bikes lol

mayhem
16-06-10, 06:46 PM
thats the spirit!

i'm 24 and still live at home ffs lol

MattBrown
16-06-10, 06:52 PM
thats the spirit!

i'm 24 and still live at home ffs lol

Its ftw, cheap as fk, loads of bikes, tools, food, and no cleaning;)

Rysee
16-06-10, 07:25 PM
I'd take living with someone else's mum though in all honesty

MattBrown
16-06-10, 07:26 PM
I'd take living with someone else's mum though in all honesty

Why?

Fuuuk thatlol

mowgli
16-06-10, 10:37 PM
rysee has a milf thang goin on

Rysee
16-06-10, 10:43 PM
rysee has a milf thang goin on

They look after you :thumb:

mowgli
16-06-10, 10:55 PM
my mother in law is retired..... her hubby is 37...... he looks after her...... she has had 2 new hips, she has none of her own teeth & she has 2 hearing aids...

mmmmmmm i bet she's fantastic in bed

Rysee
16-06-10, 11:10 PM
my mother in law is retired..... her hubby is 37...... he looks after her...... she has had 2 new hips, she has none of her own teeth & she has 2 hearing aids...

mmmmmmm i bet she's fantastic in bed

LOLS

Sloth
16-06-10, 11:43 PM
no body owns their car. we went through this with the free cossie thread i poated. basically the dvla own it, its written into the first registration form when the car is new, all a v5 proves is that you are the "legal guardian" of said car. say matt builds his let'd monster, and goes to spain for a months holiday. on the first day i apply for the v5 in my name. the dvla will contact him giving him 14 days to reply. matts in spain so he's too busy trying to tap the bar maid... so the dvla issues the v5 in my name as the registered keeper is uncontactable, thus meaning they have deserted their duty of care for said let'd monster. i get my v5, remove said let monster and away i go. matt returns to an empty drive. (by which time ive broken my new car and weighted in the shell)

mowgli
17-06-10, 08:00 AM
your plan falls down in one respect...... the dvla don't work that quick.....

Sloth
17-06-10, 08:09 AM
trust me they do...

mowgli
17-06-10, 08:10 AM
Matt, when are you going on holiday?????

bazil
17-06-10, 08:56 AM
Rob, would that stand up in court?

mowgli
17-06-10, 09:29 AM
only if it was written on his tadger......

MattBrown
17-06-10, 10:58 AM
Matt, when are you going on holiday?????

lol

Rob can try, he will get laughed at.

Can take the car, driving a let nova in my name, with no legals.

Wouldnt get out of here, too much anpr etclol

Jack
17-06-10, 11:07 AM
Rob, would that stand up in court?
No.

The whole "obtain a car purely by getting the V5c in your name from the DVLA" thing is a complete load of balls tbh.

If you've managed it, fair play, but you are still liable for a TWOC charge. Nil response does not imply consent.

bazil
17-06-10, 11:10 AM
I remember the previous style of V5 said something like " the registered keeper of the vehicle may not be the actuall owner of the vehicle "

MattBrown
17-06-10, 11:13 AM
No.

The whole "obtain a car purely by getting the V5c in your name from the DVLA" thing is a complete load of balls tbh.

If you've managed it, fair play, but you are still liable for a TWOC charge. Nil response does not imply consent.

He would get laughed at, as per normal really.

Then he would be bummed, with a fire extinguisher, sideways, dry:d

Jack
17-06-10, 11:17 AM
I did read one site that said DVLA attempt to contact the registered keeper, and if they hear nothing then the application fails.

Note there is a bit on the V62 which asks why you are applying for a V5c; gives you the option of "seller didn't have it", "lost/damaged mine" or "other" - if the latter you'd need to give a valid reason. I suspect if you chose the first option they would wait on a response from the 'seller' (as per paragraph above); the second would throw up alarm bells if your details didn't match the current details; and for option 3, "I like the look of this car and the owner doesn't appear to be at home" is NOT a valid reason lol

If you put down the car appears to be abandoned, the DVLA would (or SHOULD) ask you to contact your local council, as they are the ones who deal with disposals of abandoned vehicles.

Stuart
17-06-10, 12:05 PM
And the council will simply contact the reg keeper, give them approx 4 weeks to reply/move said vehicle or the council will send an invoice via the DVLA for disposal... I know I 'abandoned' a car where I used to work and the DVLA forwarded on the councils letters etc lol

they wanted £180 to dispose of the car. I called a local firm who took it away for free, and amusingly they would have been the ones to take the car away for the council... and they would have got no money that way either lol

so if the DVLA 'own' your car, how the hell do HPI companies stake a claim on said vehicle...

Sloth
17-06-10, 12:13 PM
looky:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114513&highlight=dvla

and clicky the ford linky....

MattBrown
17-06-10, 12:28 PM
looky:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114513&highlight=dvla

and clicky the ford linky....

Internet forum bullshat to me.

Theres no proof of anything.

It was his car, he crashed it, and pretneded to "Claim" itlol

mowgli
17-06-10, 12:31 PM
more like a dvla cockup........

Stuart
17-06-10, 01:05 PM
if sloff sez itz trooo then it iz....... lol

Jack
17-06-10, 01:26 PM
Sloth, that PF thread doesn't state things from the DVLA angle - you'll probably find the DVLA managed to contact the registered keeper, who - when faced with a tax fine and removal charge courtesy of DEFRA - took the option to give up all rights on the car. Seen as the OP in that thread had already expressed an interest in taking on the car, the DVLA had someone to pass it on to.

Note he was charged a £450 fee to collect the car. Better have someone to pay some money rather than crush/scrap it and get no money ;)

Anywoo, as said previously, he'd have no legal claim on keeping the car - if the original owner suddenly surfaced with a legit reason to have been uncontactable then it would/should return to his or her care.

[edit] The law is decidedly shady on this; you probably won't get nicked for it (although its possible to, if the authorities decide to pursue it) but as above the legal owner of the car would be entitled to stake a (probably successful) claim back on the vehicle.