PDA

View Full Version : Xe prob

Riggy
13-06-10, 07:11 PM
Right car just cut out on me last night and won't start

Changed afm,coil,dizzy,fuel pump relay, and tryed a crank sensor from a scrapper 2.0 8v but I'm not sure if there the same

Also not getting a spark at coil or no fuel pressure at the rail

Checked timing and all seems to line up fine , thought it might have something to do with my alarm so I cut the fuel pump wires out and bridged the. Back like normal to rule the immob out

Any other suggestions or does anyone know if the crank sensors are the same or different ?

Damo
13-06-10, 08:28 PM
Right car just cut out on me last night and won't start

Changed afm,coil,dizzy,fuel pump relay, and tryed a crank sensor from a scrapper 2.0 8v but I'm not sure if there the same

Also not getting a spark at coil or no fuel pressure at the rail

Checked timing and all seems to line up fine , thought it might have something to do with my alarm so I cut the fuel pump wires out and bridged the. Back like normal to rule the immob out

Any other suggestions or does anyone know if the crank sensors are the same or different ?

The crank sensors are the same riggy ive used a 2.0 8v & 1.8 spi one.

Also have you tryed another ecu sounds ecu related tbh!

Riggy
13-06-10, 08:38 PM
not tried an ecu yet , andy or rick are letting me try one tomorrow though ,

i have a metal crank sensor in mine and the one from the scrappers was a plastic one , but i know xe can have both , just didnt know if it was the same for the 8v , wonder what the chances are of 2 duff sensors

if it was crank sensor - would you still get fuel to the rail , its im not ?

comptoncj
13-06-10, 08:40 PM
Have you checked earths and switched live? does your ecu light come on when you turn the igniton on?

John
13-06-10, 08:40 PM
i'd go with an earth prob too.

Adam
13-06-10, 08:41 PM
Youd get nothing if the crank sensor was knackered. And yeah mine runs off a plastic sensor or a metal one

Riggy
13-06-10, 08:45 PM
earths are fine ecu light comes on as it should , i just have no fuel and no spark lol

John
13-06-10, 08:46 PM
Like adam says then go for a new crank sensor dude.

Riggy
13-06-10, 09:05 PM
lol i did try one today from a scrapper john , but guess that could be dead aswell , andy has said i can try his along with his ecu so lets see lol

mowgli
13-06-10, 09:23 PM
i think you have 2 separate problems, the spark & the fuel are controlled differently, aren't they??? iirc the fuel pump on an xe runs continuously... so there isn't any power actually getting in. is there a fuse blown, or a broken wire somewhere????

Damo
13-06-10, 09:27 PM
What about the fuel pump relay dosent this cause these symptoms if its goosed?

craig green
13-06-10, 09:28 PM
No, on an XE the pump will be triggered upon cranking when the crank sensor sends its signal to the ECU.

I fear it could be an earth issue as you were having battery probs at nats & yet your alternator has been over charging has it not?
What earth strap is on the gearbox? A GM braided copper one?

craig green
13-06-10, 09:29 PM
What about the fuel pump relay dosent this cause these symptoms if its goosed?

Definately. he says its been swapped though. But a sedom used one from the depts of a toolbox isnt always a safe bet.

mowgli
13-06-10, 09:29 PM
but how would it kill the spark? the usual bodge on a fuel pump relay is to simply pull it out & bridge a wire across the terminals, and the sparks aren't affected

Damo
13-06-10, 09:31 PM
Definately. he says its been swapped though. But a sedom used one from the depts of a toolbox isnt always a safe bet.

True best off with new as there not expensive from vaux.

Southie
13-06-10, 09:32 PM
Have you maybe got a blown fuse, I'm not really up on the 2.0 xe's but I had this happen on my old xe combo van.

Adam
13-06-10, 09:35 PM
i think you have 2 separate problems, the spark & the fuel are controlled differently, aren't they??? iirc the fuel pump on an xe runs continuously... so there isn't any power actually getting in. is there a fuse blown, or a broken wire somewhere????
Crank sensor switches both.
ECU cant do much if it thinks the engine isnt being cranked

Riggy
13-06-10, 10:29 PM
lol yeah craig , was having battery probs at national day , but that was the earth that snapped in the boot ,

Have also fitted a brand new battery aswell

Gearbox earth strap is a newish one from a motorfactors, and batt to chassis earth is the same , injector rail earths are good , and alternator earths are fine as have fitted a new alt aswell :) to cure the over chargining

Just Hoping the overcharging hasn't fried ecu

Riggy
14-06-10, 11:03 PM
well it was ecu , andy came down , and tried mine on his , no start

tried his on mine and it started , so rickardo met up wth stupot and got me another which andy then ran me to collect, big gay hugs to all 3 of you :thumb:

Damo
15-06-10, 06:33 AM
well it was ecu , andy came down , and tried mine on his , no start

tried his on mine and it started , so rickardo met up wth stupot and got me another which andy then ran me to collect, big gay hugs to all 3 of you :thumb:

Nice one riggy glad you sorted it thought it sounded ecu related tbh.