PDA

View Full Version : scotishnovas.net

moffat
13-06-10, 06:54 PM
some members reckon it would be ideal to have scottishnovas back up and running - reckon we would get more nova action in scotland. muzzy mentioned it could be reopened with somebody new running the site. anyone on here reckon they could run the site? i dont have a clue about forums etc but somebody else on here might

anyone else agree?

bainyboy sr
13-06-10, 11:07 PM
i use to be a member on there , i dnt have a clue either, not sure if it would be worth re opening as its been closed for a few years and would need to get all new members etc

moffat
13-06-10, 11:33 PM
yeah good point but there alot of feedback in the scottish region atm, alot of folk reckon it would be a good idea

Vauxhall-Scotland
14-06-10, 01:26 AM
Scottish sites never seem to last as there is never enough intrest lol

ade
14-06-10, 02:07 AM
whats the point? We have a scotland dedicated forum on here under regional - opening up Scottish Novas again (owned by Cheeze and it got constantly hacked!) is just a duplication of posts. If you want to meet up, join the PNG (its only £10 for heavens sake) and meet the other members.

You can then come to the shows - its not that far (only about 5 hours) give your cars a good run!

Cheeze
14-06-10, 07:21 AM
I agree with Ade on this tbh, but if someone does i have no complaints

vaughanmc
14-06-10, 10:28 AM
whats the point? We have a scotland dedicated forum on here under regional - opening up Scottish Novas again (owned by Cheeze and it got constantly hacked!) is just a duplication of posts. If you want to meet up, join the PNG (its only £10 for heavens sake) and meet the other members.

You can then come to the shows - its not that far (only about 5 hours) give your cars a good run!

I kinda agree with you here as well mate but it's like trying to draw blood out a stone...Just nothing seems to happen in the Scotland region and with Scottish members

Active Members don't really post in there then the folk who are from Scotland but not paid up say they'll pay up to make the 'Club' more active but they don't

Just feels like a lose:lose situation IMO lol I want to be like the NI region, a meet every so often but it's a belter of a turnout and the region's attendance to a show/main event is outstanding

Plug
14-06-10, 10:30 AM
as ade said you have a regional forum stop being greedy lol

At the end of the day you will have to pay to keep the other site up and running, Whos going to pay them costs? may aswell just get the non payed up scottish members to pay up on here :)

My 2 pence but hey ho im the other end of the country

muzzy
17-06-10, 01:31 AM
The issue with re-opening the site is that your competition for members is PNG and it's obvious who would come out on top of that. As said the other problem is that your more than likely just going to have the same posts on SN as you would on here.

Scottish Nova's was good at the time but I'm just not sure it would work again, in reality there's not enough folk to keep the site ticking over for any length of time, all you need is a few days with no new or interesting posts and people will just say "screw this" and give up on it.

I know how hard it is to attract members to a site as I've been helping to do it for the last 4 years with Vauxhall Scotland.

The reason I'm not a paid member on here is that I very rarely get the time to travel down to Central/South of Scotland just to spend an afternoon at a meet and then drive all the way back up here again. It would be exactly the same if Scottish Nova's was to start up again, I doubt I would ever be at a meet and very few of my mates who own Nova's up this way would either.

wwmnw
17-06-10, 01:48 AM
PNG is the place to be, being perfectly honest. Didn't roybacer open again and fail? (Twas before my time but I understand it was either a Nova forum or had a lot of Nova owners on it)

PNG is an official VBOA recognised club, I dare say 90% of the uk Nova enthusiasts who use internet forums are on here (plus people looking for projects) it wont be out done and would be a waste of money trying.

Not much happened in the north east until recent times and as its such a vast area not everyone will be pleased which is the same with the Scottish section, all you can do is post a meet up thread and hope for the best.

Edit: I keep forgetting the regional areas on here is only viewable by club members [blue font snobbery]its been so long since I was a blue fonter[/blue font snobbery] if you feel like giving it a go then try it, but I cant see it lasting long especially as I say, with PNG being a proper club.

bazil
17-06-10, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't join it, simply because I have membership of 6 different forums for various cars but the most used is this one, I very rarely use mig unless it's for looking for parts as it has more members, but for nova based items, info, features, shows, and general chat you won't get better than here,

On a different note what happened to the performance astra group?

sport
17-06-10, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't join it, simply because I have membership of 6 different forums for various cars but the most used is this one, I very rarely use mig unless it's for looking for parts as it has more members, but for nova based items, info, features, shows, and general chat you won't get better than here,

On a different note what happened to the performance astra group?

PNG, PCG and PAG became PVG which then stopped and the new PNG came about.

Sloth
17-06-10, 07:12 PM
who owns pvg then?

vaughanmc
17-06-10, 07:15 PM
just get the non payed up scottish members to pay up on here

A lot lot lot lot harder than you think mate lol

sport
17-06-10, 07:36 PM
who owns pvg then?

Maff Searle had png, pcg, pag then pvg and let Lee relaunch png as far as i know.

moffat
17-06-10, 07:37 PM
it was just an idea i had nut suppose probs wont work out

vaughanmc
17-06-10, 07:38 PM
Don't worry about it mate :) We'll make the Scotland region of PNG busy...One day

sport
17-06-10, 07:43 PM
The thing is theres to many forums as it is, there was a good turn out of novas at Crail last month the thing to have done then, would have been to flyer the novas not from here with flyers for here.

vaughanmc
17-06-10, 07:44 PM
We don't have flyers for the PNG...

sport
17-06-10, 07:50 PM
You could make some.......... PNG logo, web address, some picture quality paper and a colour printer job done.

vaughanmc
17-06-10, 07:51 PM
I might look into that actually lol Always handy to have like

moffat
17-06-10, 07:53 PM
theres a few novas round my way i could leave on the window????

sport
17-06-10, 07:54 PM
Mate cheaper than a website and i know this for a fact lol . If i could be assed i would do it for you.
Handy to have for putting on any nova we see out and about.

sport
17-06-10, 07:56 PM
theres a few novas round my way i could leave on the window????

Thats the spirt we need, no need for another forum just plug the PNG to death it will catch on eventually lol

vaughanmc
17-06-10, 08:00 PM
lol I'll look into some flyers for sure and get some made and hand them out at meets etc

bazil
17-06-10, 09:19 PM
Thats the spirt we need, no need for another forum just plug the PNG to death it will catch on eventually lol

that's the spirit we need lol

Vauxhall-Scotland
17-06-10, 11:27 PM
Is imagine the reason the scotland section is quiet on here is people aint willing to pay to use it lol

As for trying to get good turn outs at meets its goin to be hard as scotland is a big place and alot off people live no where near where the meats are held, Why not split the scotland section into different regions? :confused: and have an organiser for each :thumb: May not work but is just an idea lol as the meets that get organised are a fair distance from alot off people so it prob puts them off going but if there were meets in diferent areas im sure people would make an effort :p

bazil
17-06-10, 11:30 PM
Highlands, west , east , southern?

Vauxhall-Scotland
17-06-10, 11:32 PM
Highlands, west , east , southern?

Yea somthing like that, you see on all forums that england is broken down in regions but scotland just gets left as one :confused: its a big place to lol

muzzy
17-06-10, 11:34 PM
Agree with that, would be much better if it was split up into area's. You can't expect someone from Thurso, Inverness or Aberdeen to travel to Glasgow/Ayrshire area to go to a meet for a couple of hours then nip back home again. The last meet was a 400 mile round trip for me.

Lee
17-06-10, 11:42 PM
We don't have flyers for the PNG...

Yes we do, there were 5 flyers on each car at billing last year, and they are availiable to anyone who wants them at shows. (To be fair, i fecking forgot them for PV)

As far as scottich novas goes, i'm not sure relaunching it going to suddenly bring a load of scottish based nova owners out of the woodwork and suddenly start attending meets? Surely anyone with any want to do those things already belong to a car club of some sort already? :)

Lee
17-06-10, 11:44 PM
Yea somthing like that, you see on all forums that england is broken down in regions but scotland just gets left as one :confused: its a big place to lol

OK, we're always open to suggestions, the scotland region can easily be split up if thats what you want :)

Trouble is though, how many active scottish members are there at present? Splitting up 10 people into 5 regions seems a bit pointless???

bazil
17-06-10, 11:53 PM
OK, we're always open to suggestions, the scotland region can easily be split up if thats what you want :)

Trouble is though, how many active scottish members are there at present? Splitting up 10 people into 5 regions seems a bit pointless???

I'd agree with that, if the boys up north want a meet then all that required would be a post in the Scotland region with a title of " northern meet " or similar, I think the members should really take more of a leading role
rather that waiting for anyone else to orginise something for them, and the same goes for the rest of us.

let's not forget the Scotland region may be the largest region but still has a smaller population so that means less novas.

lewisvalver
17-06-10, 11:58 PM
yeh i agree with that bazil,not sure how many other members would be in my region....i know theres a couple dunfermline lads and aberdeen,pretty certain im the only dundee lad,the west coast has the most members out of the scottish region i reckon!

bazil
18-06-10, 07:00 AM
Makes sence with Glasgow being the biggest city and certainly the central belt will have more members than anywhere else, split region wouldn't make much difference around here IMO

vaughanmc
18-06-10, 07:13 AM
Splitting up the region wouldn't make a difference unless there was far more active members which there isn't - Trying to get a 'normal' Scotland meet organised is like pulling teeth and splitting it up would make them even harder IMO

Just need more active members (Which is very hard) and as Bazil said have a 'North/South/East/West/Central Scotland Meet' etc

It could maybe work that way but we need more paid up members to start with

Kinda like 'All talk, no action' lol

moffat
18-06-10, 08:07 AM
aye deffo need more paid members for the split region to work.

Jon_nova1
18-06-10, 08:20 AM
PNG is the place to be, being perfectly honest. Didn't roybacer open again and fail? (Twas before my time but I understand it was either a Nova forum or had a lot of Nova owners on it)
Roybacer actually changed to BTTOS, if it opened up again it was probably some randomer thinking it was a good idea at the time, because Natty would be far too lazy to bother with it, as im sure the rest are.

as for the scottish region, maybe allow 30 free days access or similar?

edit....

www.roybacer.org.uk (http://www.roybacer.org.uk)

http://z7.invisionfree.com/RoyBacer/index.php?act=Stats&CODE=leaders

there we go, run by a bunch of randomers with a forwarding domain

sport
18-06-10, 03:34 PM
Agree with that, would be much better if it was split up into area's. You can't expect someone from Thurso, Inverness or Aberdeen to travel to Glasgow/Ayrshire area to go to a meet for a couple of hours then nip back home again. The last meet was a 400 mile round trip for me.

Muzzy are there any shows worth doing up your way, not crusies but shows?

muzzy
18-06-10, 06:04 PM
Muzzy are there any shows worth doing up your way, not crusies but shows?

Nothing at all, there's usually Elgin Show and Shine but it's pretty poor to say the least. Really nothing goes on up here in the sticks :( lol

sport
18-06-10, 09:02 PM
Nothing at all, there's usually Elgin Show and Shine but it's pretty poor to say the least. Really nothing goes on up here in the sticks :( lol

Thats a shame, as i think the way forward is having PNG meets all over the country so everyone has to do a bit of driving but that said we would need a show of some sort to come to.

Cle
18-06-10, 09:07 PM
every now and again theres the inverness or elgin cruz they can be alrite

muzzy
18-06-10, 09:07 PM
Aye it's the same for folk down south as it is for us up north, it's unlikely folk will want to drive up to say Aberdeen for a few hours, just the same that it's hard to get folk to drive to Ayr or whatever for the same thing. If there were some sort of event's happening then it would make it a bit more worth while.

There was a North East Motor Show held here but it never happened this year, might be organised again next year but who knows.

sport
18-06-10, 09:08 PM
every now and again theres the inverness or elgin cruz they can be alrite

Not into the cruz scene anymore mate.

sport
18-06-10, 09:11 PM
Aye it's the same for folk down south as it is for us up north, it's unlikely folk will want to drive up to say Aberdeen for a few hours, just the same that it's hard to get folk to drive to Ayr or whatever for the same thing. If there were some sort of event's happening then it would make it a bit more worth while.

There was a North East Motor Show held here but it never happened this year, might be organised again next year but who knows.

Keep me updated mate on any show happening up you way in the future.

muzzy
18-06-10, 09:12 PM
Keep me updated mate on any show happening up you way in the future.

Aye It's usually posted on my local site if anything is happening, so will let people on here know so they can decide whether they want to make the trip up or not.

Cle
18-06-10, 09:13 PM
Not into the cruz scene anymore mate.

tis called a cruz but not usually many gimps usually some sweet cars

sport
18-06-10, 09:16 PM
tis called a cruz but not usually many gimps usually some sweet cars

Awaits pics from next one before passing judgement lol

muzzy
18-06-10, 09:18 PM
I haven't been to a cruise in a good few years, last one was Dundee, was pretty average.

moffat
18-06-10, 09:18 PM
lol

Cle
18-06-10, 09:19 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7zxDEVQmI0c/SjVcxlrxpEI/AAAAAAAAAcY/5TPWOBuv3K4/s400/Gollum-chav2_1243157008.jpg