PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass nova doors

16xe_chris
13-06-10, 09:36 AM
Just wondering roughly how many people would be interested in purchasing a set of nova fiberglass doors??

And what people would be mainly using them for i.e Track/Race or Road?

Angus Closier
13-06-10, 09:46 AM
Id be intrested in a whole set Ie wings,doors,boot,bonnet etc!
Il get the wings off you as soon as I get paid!!

Mark
13-06-10, 09:48 AM
Yes...Mainly track (voted), some road use, with poly windows.

Need to retain some rigidity so they don't flop about when opened though.

16xe_chris
13-06-10, 10:06 AM
Yes...Mainly track (voted), some road use, with poly windows.

Need to retain some rigidity so they don't flop about when opened though.

I'm hopeing people will mainly need them for track use as i will be able to make them lighter, without the frame work to hold the winder mechanisms in and then i'll add a fiberglass x section to the door to create strength.

This is my plans so far lol

Mark
13-06-10, 10:07 AM
I'm hopeing people will mainly need them for track use as i will be able to make them lighter, without the frame work to hold the winder mechanisms in and then i'll add a fiberglass x section to the door to create strength.

This is my plans so far lol
Sounds just like what I'd want. :thumb:

George g
13-06-10, 10:18 AM
Iirc, you won't get any of the rally folks having them as the rules say you need original door skins for safety

novarally
13-06-10, 11:12 AM
I'd be semi-interested, but I have had probably 10 sets of fibreglass doors on different race and rally cars I've owned, and most of them have been of such poor construction that I vowed never to bother with them again.

They've all fitted terribly, and at any decent speed the top of the frame has been 6 inches away from the bodyshell.

To make them rigid enough to cope with circuit racing speeds needs a lot of fibreglass/carbon/kevlar, which can make them nearly as heavy as a steel door that's been gutted out.

Would you be proposing to make them with built-in hinges, because that's another nightmare area? Most fibreglass doors are supplied without hinges in place.

16xe_chris
14-06-10, 08:04 AM
I'd be semi-interested, but I have had probably 10 sets of fibreglass doors on different race and rally cars I've owned, and most of them have been of such poor construction that I vowed never to bother with them again.

They've all fitted terribly, and at any decent speed the top of the frame has been 6 inches away from the bodyshell.

To make them rigid enough to cope with circuit racing speeds needs a lot of fibreglass/carbon/kevlar, which can make them nearly as heavy as a steel door that's been gutted out.

Would you be proposing to make them with built-in hinges, because that's another nightmare area? Most fibreglass doors are supplied without hinges in place.

Hi Colin

I'll make them strong enough but light :thumb:

I've had a look at the standard hinge and i think i'll have a word with a good engineer friend of mine to see if he can make them, they look fairly straight forward to copy and then i would probably glass over/bolt them in place, which ever i decided will be strong enough or they would come supplied with the hinges so that people can fit them there selves as me linning them up off a shell may be a problem, i.e poor fitment.

The rules for rallying state the frame must be constructed of metal but the skin can be replace, i just put it in the poll because i had 4 options to fill lol

djbrowney
14-06-10, 09:15 AM
mine will be most for track days and i have 4 door bars protecting me to rock on lol

Mike
14-06-10, 10:08 AM
Waste of time IMHO.

Simply use the OE metal frame & bond an off the shelf kevlar/FG skin to it. Job done.

burgo
14-06-10, 12:20 PM
maybe have the hinges made out off ally for the full fibreglass doors, every little helps and all that

Jonlem
14-06-10, 12:39 PM
Unless they are Carbon and exremely well made I can't see the point.

Minimal weight saving in just changing a skin but thats going to cost very little to do where as a complete door will be way more than most people want to pay.

burgo
14-06-10, 12:43 PM

Minimal weight saving in just changing a skin but thats going to cost very little to do where as a complete door will be way more than most people want to pay.non rusting nova doors!!!! definitely worth it imo

Mike
14-06-10, 12:48 PM

Minimal weight saving in just changing a skin but thats going to cost very little to do where as a complete door will be way more than most people want to pay.

Agree there, a GRP Nova door skin is about £80+vat. Dont know the price of Nova GRP doors, but Corsa ones are about £275+VAT each!

edit: £195+vat for a Corsa, just searched on google.

Jonlem
14-06-10, 12:56 PM
I'd rather fit a skin and make it look good than have a door that just looks awful

burgo
14-06-10, 12:59 PM
I'd rather fit a skin and make it look good than have a door that just looks awfulare we not yet to see the quality of these proposed doors? you cant assume they will be crap just because previous efforts have been

garethcolley
14-06-10, 01:12 PM
I would be interested in a set if fitment is good and have strength for high speeds. I think the majority of people would be using them for track use with poly carbs.

How do you plan on locking the doors once shut? Would it be possible to have a standard lock assembly fitted? I think it would be easier to make fibreglass skins TBH as there isnt that much weight saving from having a frame out of fibreglass. Anyone who is running polycarbs in standard doors knows how light they already are. One big benefit i suppose is the anti-rust factor which is always a good thing.

Jonlem
14-06-10, 01:45 PM
I'd like to see the weight savings as I doubt that would justify the costs, and lets face it as Colin has said they all flex like mad at speed so to get the strength into them would sadly add more weight.

I did work for a resin bonders a while back who make the military drones for Israel and things like that and your talking proper money if you wanted something that was like factory

Stuart
14-06-10, 01:58 PM
even 'factory' GRP doors suck balls lol

lotus couldnt make a good quality grp car if their lives depended on it

Mike B GTE
14-06-10, 02:04 PM
TBH i think its a complete waste of time, effort and money.

The hassle of getting them to look good, fit and fuction properly would be far greater than the minute benefit they would offer over a stripped out steel door.

Again, not directed at these particular proposed doors, but i have had f/g doors on two XR2is and both sets, (from two different manufactureres) have been complete and utter chuff.

nova+nitrous
14-06-10, 04:10 PM
i got carbon fibre doors they are very ridged and they still havn't got the polycarb windows in yet or door cards.

the only fibre glass doors that seem not ridged at all are mini's doors my brothers doors really move around with the window in. should be ok aslong as you have a rollcage with door bars, i would say just do it saves alot of wieght!

Jonlem
14-06-10, 04:44 PM
What difference does a roll cage with door bars make ? no matter what the door is made of its going to be smashed to pieces if you go into something.

I prefer my cars to look as factory as possible, fair enough some don't care about that too much but a cut up door doesn't weigh much and still has the strength to not bend open at speed and obviously looks as it should.

Mike B GTE
14-06-10, 04:51 PM
i would say just do it saves alot of wieght!

Over stripped out steel doors with polycarb windows? tbh, the fibreglass doors on my XR didnt make the blindest bit of difference other than looking toss.

Lee
14-06-10, 05:34 PM
I would definately avoid a full fiberglass door on a road car, wont take much of a side swipe to have someone park their engine on your lap.

And IMHO as has been said before i dont think its worth it, the doors are reasonably central and compared to a well stripped down door with a polycarb window the marginal weight loss will do sod all to aid the weight distribution problems as much as the wings and bonnet will.

Concentrate on producing your own tailagates and bonnets to compete with places such as eurorallye. Their panels are by far the best as they are solid and dont flex, but they are also not cheap so you could do well there if you can bring the prices down. I rekon there would also be a market for fiberglass bumpers and sideskirts, as well as maybe gsi spoiler replacements seeing as the OEM one weighs more than an XE lol Add them to your wings and you will have a package no one else has as far as ive seen from searching in the past when I was building mine.

Also think about doing saloon bootlids. I may well be a customer for one of those in the future :)

Stuart
14-06-10, 05:37 PM
carbon baboon boot lid with an M3CSL style bever tail? lol

mayhem
14-06-10, 05:44 PM
. I rekon there would also be a market for fiberglass bumpers and sideskirts, as well as maybe gsi spoiler replacements seeing as the OEM one weighs more than an XE lol Add them to your wings and you will have a package no one else has as far as ive seen from searching in the past when I was building mine.

must be ages ago..

eurorally has a fiberglass boot, bonnet, gsi rear bumper and gsi rear spoiler ;)

Lee
14-06-10, 05:49 PM
must be ages ago..

eurorally has a fiberglass boot, bonnet, gsi rear bumper and gsi rear spoiler ;)

It was yeah, they obviously added to their range :)

I still think you'll have more success replicating them and supplying them at a better price than you will with the doors though.

Iain
14-06-10, 05:52 PM
Fibreglass saloon tailgate lmfao lol Surely if you don't want the rear weight of a saloon you buy a hatch?!

Southie
14-06-10, 05:53 PM
Get some rear arches made in standard form rather than a wide version imo, I'm sure these would be a better seller than the doors and definitely more sort after. :)

burgo
14-06-10, 05:55 PM
Fibreglass saloon tailgate lmfao lol Surely if you don't want the rear weight of a saloon you buy a hatch?!no cos hatchbacks look ****.

surely no one would consider running fibreglass doors with door bars???

Mieran
14-06-10, 09:34 PM
I would definately avoid a full fiberglass door on a road car, wont take much of a side swipe to have someone park their engine on your lap.

And IMHO as has been said before i dont think its worth it, the doors are reasonably central and compared to a well stripped down door with a polycarb window the marginal weight loss will do sod all to aid the weight distribution problems as much as the wings and bonnet will.

Concentrate on producing your own tailagates and bonnets to compete with places such as eurorallye. Their panels are by far the best as they are solid and dont flex, but they are also not cheap so you could do well there if you can bring the prices down. I rekon there would also be a market for fiberglass bumpers and sideskirts, as well as maybe gsi spoiler replacements seeing as the OEM one weighs more than an XE lol Add them to your wings and you will have a package no one else has as far as ive seen from searching in the past when I was building mine.

Also think about doing saloon bootlids. I may well be a customer for one of those in the future :)

PB in Darlington do fiberglass GSI front bumper, GSI rear spoiler, rear bumpers and MK2 hatch wings

Going back to the original question, the only reason I would get fiberglass doors is rust. lol

16xe_chris
15-06-10, 07:21 AM
Just pick up on a few things lol

You will still be able to use your standard catch to keep the door closed.

I'm thinking of doing away with the door Key/Lockhole though???

The hinges, i will see if i can get them made out of alloy to save more weight.

As for the top of the frames bending out at speed, surely this comes down to poor manufacturing, as reading some of these posts people have had problems before with this. I will re-infoce the top section to the bottom section of the door without adding weight.

Once i have a pair made who is going to be willing to test them out at high speed?

burgo
15-06-10, 12:49 PM
i have seen fibreglass doors with the top reinforced with alloy u channel, worked very well and added very minimal weight as the fibreglass round the top was able to be left so thin

novarally
15-06-10, 09:41 PM

As for the top of the frames bending out at speed, surely this comes down to poor manufacturing, as reading some of these posts people have had problems before with this. I will re-infoce the top section to the bottom section of the door without adding weight.

Once i have a pair made who is going to be willing to test them out at high speed?

Fair play to you for giving it a go.

If they fit well, weigh less than my alloy skinned and gutted out steel frame doors, then you have a customer here.......

discoinferno
15-06-10, 09:46 PM

i will try them out for you at 160+mph :)

Mike
15-06-10, 09:46 PM
After reading the entire thread, I think the cons out weight the pros...

Southie
15-06-10, 10:09 PM
All the best with this matey hope you get this to work ;)

mowgli
15-06-10, 10:13 PM
for a roadgoer, i prefer to have a bit of metal to deform before the other car hits me... for motorsport, go for it

omprezaman
16-06-10, 02:27 PM
i am sure it must be possible to retain safety, we have had a renault espace for the last 13 years its n cap rating wasn't bad at the time for its size and it was the first ever people carrier (i know your thoughts about them but its a good second car for the kids) the whole car bonnet/wings/doors/tailgate/quarters and roof are all fibreglass with a galvanised chassis you cant stick a magnet anywhere, for a 13year old car and 310,000 miles! there's no rot anywhere! its also had a few bangs and scrapes (when missus scraped down a lorry) insurance wrote it off! filled the scrapes sprayed and you can't tell and there's still no issues with door fitments or structure. i agree there are issues but if its done well it will be worth it, steel doors won't be around forever and look what people want for a genuine GM new set when you find them.

novarally
16-06-10, 06:47 PM
i am sure it must be possible to retain safety, we have had a renault espace for the last 13 years its n cap rating wasn't bad at the time for its size and it was the first ever people carrier (i know your thoughts about them but its a good second car for the kids) the whole car bonnet/wings/doors/tailgate/quarters and roof are all fibreglass with a galvanised chassis you cant stick a magnet anywhere, for a 13year old car and 310,000 miles! there's no rot anywhere! its also had a few bangs and scrapes (when missus scraped down a lorry) insurance wrote it off! filled the scrapes sprayed and you can't tell and there's still no issues with door fitments or structure. i agree there are issues but if its done well it will be worth it, steel doors won't be around forever and look what people want for a genuine GM new set when you find them.

How much do Espace fibreglass doors weigh though? They're probably not much lighter than a steel door.

A friend of mine has just had a set of plastic doors moulded up for his Lexus ex-BTCC car, they are extremely light, and look excellent quality, it will be interesting to get his thoughts once they're on the car and tested.

Mieran
16-06-10, 09:24 PM
How much do Espace fibreglass doors weigh though? They're probably not much lighter than a steel door.

They don't rust though, thats the most important thing. lol

C612DNM
19-08-10, 10:56 PM
Just wondering roughly how many people would be interested in purchasing a set of nova fiberglass doors??

And what people would be mainly using them for i.e Track/Race or Road?

I'm looking for WIDE arch wings front and rear (my project will run on 9 x 18" boots with slicks), I need bonnet, tailgate, doors, roof. Bumpers would be a bonus, but factory ones with no ironmongery are pretty light, only carbon would be a better bet, though GRP for the front would be easier to adapt to have a proper adjustable splitter (they're usually made of plywood, suspended on steel wire adjusters, or rosejointed links)

I have full GRP doors on Harry, my Belmont. They're very good. They may not fit perfectly at the top, but hey, it's a race car. Fits where it touches!

Carbon doors would fit better, I have no doubt.

GDN16v
20-08-10, 08:56 AM
Ive seen a few cars with carbon fibre and fibre glass doors and tbh the quailty and fit is very poor. I'd say it would be pointless having them on a raod car. For a track car maybe but they need to be a flush fit and dont flop about at speed! The weight loss is minimal by the time youve strengthened them (as already said)!:(

My mate had some fibreglass doors on his track nova, he needed a small check strap at the top corner to stop them pulling out at any speed over 30mph. He removed and sold them to refit his stripped and gutted original metal doors!;)

16xe_chris
10-12-10, 10:58 AM
Well i've started the ball rolling on these now, currently moulding the inside frame work. Once thats done i'll start on the outside, Colin has kindly put his hand up to be the tester, to see if my design will flop around like everyone has stated above lol

Once i've got a door made i will be weighing it to see the difference over a standard full metal door.

Has anyone got any weights on a metal door thats been gutted??

Chris

ste porter
10-12-10, 11:39 AM
no weights for you mate but i di find that at 100mph the tops of my steel doors with polly carbs opened up to nearly half inch gap any way

you got a price in mind for these?
also is just an outter skin an option?

16xe_chris
10-12-10, 11:51 AM
no weights for you mate but i di find that at 100mph the tops of my steel doors with polly carbs opened up to nearly half inch gap any way

you got a price in mind for these?
also is just an outter skin an option?

I'm going to try my hardest at making these as strong as possible.

Haven't got a price on them just yet, still on with the moulding process, i am also seeing if i can get the hinges made out of alloy :thumb:

Yes the complete outer skin will be available seperate if anyone just wants that part;)

ste porter
10-12-10, 12:01 PM
I'm going to try my hardest at making these as strong as possible.

Haven't got a price on them just yet, still on with the moulding process, i am also seeing if i can get the hinges made out of alloy :thumb:

Yes the complete outer skin will be available seperate if anyone just wants that part;)

outter skin would be good

Stuart
10-12-10, 12:02 PM
They don't rust though, thats the most important thing. lol

GRP does corrode :( but its a million times easier to repair than steel

16xe_chris
10-12-10, 12:36 PM
GRP does corrode :( but its a million times easier to repair than steel

GRP will outlive a metal nova door lol

16xe_chris
11-12-10, 10:57 AM
Just popped the inner mould off and the inside frame work weighs 1.5kg lol, i expect the outer to be slightly heavier maybe 2-3kg.

So if it all comes out at a maximum of 4.5kg per door i think there should be a fair weight saving there.

Southie
11-12-10, 11:00 AM
How much does a standard door weigh?

Even I could lift one of those new doors then lol

Mike
11-12-10, 11:01 AM

Dont buy a Corsa C then, the doors on them are a two man lift!!!

Southie
11-12-10, 11:02 AM
Dont buy a Corsa C then, the doors on them are a two man lift!!!Even a bonnet stay is heavy for me Mike lol

Mike
11-12-10, 11:04 AM
Even a bonnet stay is heavy for me Mike lol

lol lol serioiusly though, I was shocked at how heavy a stripped Corsa C door was!! There about 50kg with the glass in easy!

Edd
11-12-10, 11:04 AM
Excuse my lack of knowledge of fibreglass stuff lol

Will you be able to fit normal glass in these doors ? With regulators ?
Or just polycarbs ?
Are they going to be basically a fibreglass version of a metal one ? Still fit c/locking, handles etc ?

Mike
11-12-10, 11:05 AM
You wont be able to fit a winder mech to them Edd, the weight of the glass would rip the mountings for it out the FG door shell.

16xe_chris
11-12-10, 11:05 AM

Not sure matey my larger scales have decided to go walkies?

I dropped the standard door on the smaller set and it max'd them out lol

Lift onelol

16xe_chris
11-12-10, 11:10 AM
Excuse my lack of knowledge of fibreglass stuff lol

Will you be able to fit normal glass in these doors ? With regulators ?
Or just polycarbs ?
Are they going to be basically a fibreglass version of a metal one ? Still fit c/locking, handles etc ?

Hi Edd

Just polycarbs for these doors as they are being built with weight reduction in mind.

Yes they are a fiberglass version of the metal door, i'm making them so you can still use the standard handle.

Do people still want these with the original lock hole in place:confused: ????

Just to clarify before i make a start after lunch on the outside:thumb:

Edd
11-12-10, 11:20 AM
If I was to buy a set, which I'm very serious about cause iv just bought another nova that I'm building as a track car :d, I would want lock holes, but IMO wait till others reply and go with the majority

Chris, any chance of you doing some fibreglass copies of a Zender lower spoiler I have ?

16xe_chris
11-12-10, 11:22 AM
If I was to buy a set, which I'm very serious about cause iv just bought another nova that I'm building as a track car :d, I would want lock holes, but IMO wait till others reply and go with the majority

Chris, any chance of you doing some fibreglass copies of a Zender lower spoiler I have ?

Not a problem, i did respond to your pm about it quite a few weeks ago lol

pm me some pics of it and i'll have a look for you matey:thumb:

Edd
11-12-10, 11:26 AM
lol oh yeah I forgot that pm lol

I'll pm you some pics over next few days Chris

16xe_chris
11-12-10, 11:32 AM
lol oh yeah I forgot that pm lol

I'll pm you some pics over next few days Chris

:thumb:

Right i best get back to work, i'll leave the lock hole in lol

BIGS
12-12-10, 12:32 PM
right ive read what everybody has said and here is my bit to add. 1. Why would you want to be able to look the doors? Surly if you buying fibreglass doors you going to fit polycarbs and with sliders. So if they wanted to get in the car they would just slide them back and open from the inside. And they sound good but from advice ive been given over the years it has to be carbon as grp arnt great. I would say do roof, bonnets ect like lee said. I would have a roof myself.

16xe_chris
12-12-10, 07:31 PM
right ive read what everybody has said and here is my bit to add. 1. Why would you want to be able to look the doors? Surly if you buying fibreglass doors you going to fit polycarbs and with sliders. So if they wanted to get in the car they would just slide them back and open from the inside. And they sound good but from advice ive been given over the years it has to be carbon as grp arnt great. I would say do roof, bonnets ect like lee said. I would have a roof myself.

Bonnets,boots and bumpers have all ready been done and are available all over the place, not worth my while trying to get into there market.

I thought about the roof skins but i've seen a few firms do them then give up due to lack of demand, there's even been a few on ebay that didn't make more than 40quid!!!

I'll just carry on making this one and see how it comes out:thumb:

calibra-keith
13-01-11, 02:01 PM
any updates on this at all or no longer bothering ?

novarally
13-01-11, 08:29 PM
any updates on this at all or no longer bothering ?

I've tried on several occasions to get hold of Chris about the doors, but I'm not getting any reply.

16xe_chris
18-01-11, 12:01 PM
I've tried on several occasions to get hold of Chris about the doors, but I'm not getting any reply.

Sorry matey just been really busy, i have the frame work mould done now and i have started on the outside, just a couple of more layers of glassing and then it will be ready to pop off and make a proto-type for you to test for me.

I'll have to make a jig to align the door hinges so you can just put it straight on:thumb:

Chris

Southie
18-01-11, 12:11 PM
Nice to hear your still on with these :)

novarally
18-01-11, 02:08 PM
Sorry matey just been really busy, i have the frame work mould done now and i have started on the outside, just a couple of more layers of glassing and then it will be ready to pop off and make a proto-type for you to test for me.

I'll have to make a jig to align the door hinges so you can just put it straight on:thumb:

Chris

Good work Chris, glad to hear they're not far off now.

calibra-keith
18-01-11, 03:15 PM
do you have rough idea on when you might be ready and an idea on price area ?

16xe_chris
19-01-11, 05:54 PM
do you have rough idea on when you might be ready and an idea on price area ?

The first door i'm making will be heading off to see Colin so he can give us a thumbs up or down on fitment and flex :thumb:

Also the alignment of alloy door hinges :cool:

So its still a little bit away from a mass production just yet, i will keep everyone upto date as best i can, just been a bit busy with my first baby girl and work ;)

Edd
19-01-11, 05:56 PM
Keep going with them Chris, I'm sure you'll have many takers when you've perfected them :thumb:

burgo
19-01-11, 08:39 PM
plus as far as im aware he would be the first to perfect them

16xe_chris
27-02-11, 03:50 PM
plus as far as im aware he would be the first to perfect them

Been a while i know but i'll have the moulds finished by tomorrow evening :thumb:

So there shall be some fiberglass doors ready in the next couple of weeks.

16xe_chris
05-03-11, 07:33 PM
wa laa, bit of trimming around the inside where the rubbers go but i'll do that later lol

Total weight 5.5kgs

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2108/img00069201103051610.jpg

burgo
05-03-11, 07:38 PM
oooo gigiddy, price? :p

16xe_chris
05-03-11, 07:46 PM
Burgo you have pm lol

Southie
05-03-11, 07:55 PM
I saw Chris making these the other day and must say I'm extremely impressed mate, good on you for sticking at it btw. Oh I had a right headache from the fumes lol

Edd
05-03-11, 08:04 PM
Result !!!

How much will these be then ?

novarally
05-03-11, 08:10 PM
Excellent news Chris, how are the hinges looking?

16xe_chris
05-03-11, 08:14 PM
Result !!!

How much will these be then ?

Hi Edd

Because of the amount of time and materials used the doors will be priced at £150 per side.

The couriers will be charging between £25 - £30 per door.

As yet i haven't been able to manufacture the hinges so they will be supplied blank.

Chris:thumb:

16xe_chris
05-03-11, 08:17 PM
Excellent news Chris, how are the hinges looking?

I'm still on with getting a realistic price on them :tard:

Fabricators seem to want a fortune for making them and as yet i can't make a big enough order on them to bring the price down so i'm still in negotiations with them :thumb:

calibra-keith
05-03-11, 11:25 PM
i am still interested chris once ready with hinges and colin gives his feedback if thats still happening ? cash on collection.

16xe_chris
06-03-11, 10:33 AM
i am still interested chris once ready with hinges and colin gives his feedback if thats still happening ? cash on collection.

I will be trying my best to get the hinges sorted out this week, the next set out of the moulds will be heading colins way. :thumb:

boffer8
06-03-11, 05:44 PM
The set on ebay are yours i take it then ;)

_Jake
06-03-11, 07:32 PM
These look really good! will definately be buying a pair for when i get round to building a second nova :) Bit off topic, but, apart from ebay and magnum motorsport, does anyone know where to get a nova rallycross arch/skirts/bumper kit from?

16xe_chris
06-03-11, 07:38 PM
The set on ebay are yours i take it then ;)

lol yep need to sell this set to get some funds back for more projects :thumb:

novarally
06-03-11, 08:37 PM
These look really good! will definately be buying a pair for when i get round to building a second nova :) Bit off topic, but, apart from ebay and magnum motorsport, does anyone know where to get a nova rallycross arch/skirts/bumper kit from?

I've got one which might well be for sale soon.

E-mail;

colinesmith@aol.com

C612DNM
06-03-11, 08:57 PM
Looks good - do you have pics of the other side?
Are you taking orders yet?

16xe_chris
07-03-11, 05:34 PM
Looks good - do you have pics of the other side?
Are you taking orders yet?

Hi yes I'm taking orders on these now, i will be getting a set to colin in a few weeks when i get the chance.

I am very confident about the strength in the top part as i've been swinging off it and there's hardly any movent :thumb: so i can't see them opening up at speed.
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9794/img00068201103051610.jpg (http://img696.imageshack.us/i/img00068201103051610.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Mitchell Motorsports
12-03-11, 07:39 PM
Looks good. May be interested if I keep my Nova

16xe_chris
03-06-11, 06:11 PM
Calibra Keiths doors :thumb:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/1238/img00101201105311721.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/img00101201105311721.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Mark
03-06-11, 06:13 PM
Got a pic of the inside Chris?

16xe_chris
03-06-11, 06:21 PM
Got a pic of the inside Chris?

Hi Mark there is a pic of the inside on the previous page, however Keiths are trimmed a little further back.

Will be good to see a pair of these fitted ;)

Edd
03-06-11, 06:34 PM
How do you attach the door handle ? As in opening the door from the out side

Do they come with hinges ?

Edd

16xe_chris
03-06-11, 06:46 PM
How do you attach the door handle ? As in opening the door from the out side

Do they come with hinges ?

Edd

You drill 2 holes to allow the sides of the handle to pass through and then 2 more small holes for the thread on the back of the handle to pass through and pop your 2 little nuts on the back job done :thumb:

Hinges is still an issue as i'm yet to get some made due to the price.

A few autotest fellas i've supplied cut there metal doors up and used there original hinges.

calibra-keith
03-06-11, 06:52 PM
looking good to me Chris :thumb:

i will also be cutting my old doors up and fitting the hinges/brackets off them.

Southie
03-06-11, 06:52 PM
Chris have you seen the fibreglass wing thread that's kicking about?

Mark
03-06-11, 06:53 PM
looking good to me Chris :thumb:

i will also be cutting my old doors up and fitting the hinges/brackets off them.

Make sure you take LOTS of pictures..

Jonlem
03-06-11, 07:01 PM
Panels look good. Boss panels made all the panels for my Peugeot, I'd be surprised if they didn't already carry a mould for a nova door, mine are spot on tbh and they are 17 years old !

If the doors fit well I can imagine your going to sell a few !

16xe_chris
03-06-11, 07:30 PM
Panels look good. Boss panels made all the panels for my Peugeot, I'd be surprised if they didn't already carry a mould for a nova door, mine are spot on tbh and they are 17 years old !

If the doors fit well I can imagine your going to sell a few !

Cheers Matey

Well there in the hands of the god called Keith come tomorrow lol

Southie
03-06-11, 07:34 PM
I've seen them so have plenty of faith in what Keiths bought.

Hinges, attaching then spraying and jobs a good one. :)

calibra-keith
04-06-11, 07:15 PM
Collected today, very happy so far and top bloke, i could tell from the second i picked one up they was strong enough, barely any flex at all when tried (Chris proved before i took them), there is more flex in my metal door (slightly cut back and poly window in) and my mates full complete doors so im confident so far of his work.

i will try fit asap and get a better idea for people with before/during and after pictures.

16xe_chris
06-06-11, 03:02 PM
Collected today, very happy so far and top bloke, i could tell from the second i picked one up they was strong enough, barely any flex at all when tried (Chris proved before i took them), there is more flex in my metal door (slightly cut back and poly window in) and my mates full complete doors so im confident so far of his work.

i will try fit asap and get a better idea for people with before/during and after pictures.

Nice Meeting you Keith and your mate, looking forward to seeing a pair of these fitted :thumb: