PDA

View Full Version : The nova don't wanna go

Jeff16v
12-06-10, 10:14 PM
Got up this morning to finish the car for sunday pv, first off after changing all the jubilee clips the other day the mint header tank overflow started pissing water, it seems the plastic has split and I've had to put the filthy backup one on.

Then took it out to get some 5mm spacers and the new topmount are flapping around at the top, the gaz were machined for compbrake mounts but it seems I need to make a space to take up the 11mm gap between the bottom of the bearing and spring cup at the top. I decided to pull up and try and hold the spring cup centre while lowering the car and got me thumb and finger trapped between the topmount and springcup, I had the whole NSF weight on my fingers and it split me index finger and flattened my thumb.

Managed to get the standard mounts back on but cross threaded the shock topnut.

c&cking car......

Hobbit
12-06-10, 10:26 PM
**** luck fella :( seems like the PV curse strikes again :(

Iain
12-06-10, 10:27 PM
D'oh lol Is is going to make it then?

Jeff16v
12-06-10, 10:29 PM
**** luck fella :( seems like the PV curse strikes again :(
That's exactly what it feels like, a curse.. Servers me right for lowing the car on mr fingers though, I was frantically trying to jack it back up while it was still going downlol

Jeff16v
12-06-10, 10:31 PM
D'oh lol Is is going to make it then?

I have a feeling the alternator is going to fail on the way, it only fully charges when I floor itlol honest officer...