PDA

View Full Version : problem

novaboy_southwest
05-05-03, 01:05 AM
right went to pick a mate up went to petrol station filled up left the stereo and lights on went in payed come out went to start it up dead battery managed to start it up off i went picked mate up dropem them off home felt hungry nearly midnight only place open kebbab shop puled up lights off radio off got grub started back up and car was dead i i think my amp is draining power had amp in a week no pro today i wired mty 6x9s into it trouble started then could the remote lead have a dodgy connection or could it be dodgy earth

epo
05-05-03, 07:35 AM
had this prob on an xr2i as there was no easy way through the bulk head for the perminant live so i connected it in2 the main live on the head unit and the remote live from the ignition on the back of the head unit and the same with the earth for sum unknown reason 2 me the amp was on all the time luckyly we found out so no flat battery
but on me nova ive dun it all proper perminant from battery ect so it cud be ur batterys fcuked check the water levels in it also check it ur alternator earth cables still intact as on me gte it snapped causin it 2 over charge i hope this is sum gud 2 u
epo

locky
05-05-03, 10:20 AM
Battery could be nackerd,
or alternator not charging!!!!!

novaboy_southwest
05-05-03, 11:04 AM
forgot to say brand new battery and new altinator every thing was working ok till ,i wired my 6x9s yesterday

Jules
05-05-03, 11:17 AM
Make sure that you've wired your amp to the remote +12v on the back of the stereo and that the amp isn't on all the time, he amp should only come on when the stereo is on, I made this mistake years ago and had a flat battery the morning after fitting the amp, changed the wiring and it was fine ever since. If your stereo doesn't have a remote +12v (most do) then connect it to the switched +12v so that it comes on with the ingition.
But don't have it connected so it's powered all the time!!!

novaboy_southwest
05-05-03, 11:27 AM
thats what i done i got a remote lead on back of stereo and it is connected its just wired that i had no problems untill i wired the 6x9s up to the amp maybe the remote lead on the amp has got a bad connection i will look again and make sure every thing is connected properly

novaboy_southwest
05-05-03, 01:50 PM
went to start car this morning dead remote lead is working as there is power only when the head unit is on and no power when head unit not on thats ok looked at peminent feed thats ok but eath looked a bit suspect so took it out re connected it and made sure it was tight and a decent conection also took 6x9s out as the prob started when i wierd them up so will check again in a bit another thing is it worh going out and bying proper conection the eye sort of conections like the ones on the eath and the one that connect to battery and use thenm to connect to amp

novaboy_southwest
05-05-03, 08:38 PM
amp disconected but its still struggling to start but been told that after battery is dead it needs a good run to recharge the battery as i aint got a battery charger i am having to drive car to charge battery but only short distance ie round the block will i need ton have a decent drive to fully charge battery

epo
05-05-03, 09:57 PM
cant u leave it tickin over in a garage or on a drive urs or a mates

novaboy_southwest
05-05-03, 10:14 PM
we aint lucky enough to get drives in my area unless u pay for it to be done or live on a main rd