PDA

View Full Version : am i getting old?

Nobby
10-06-10, 11:16 PM
Have took a deposit on the V6 and really if im honest dont want another nova! am i getting old? seems like you buy 1 stick a xe in and thats it same old same old im finding it really boring now? :confused: :tard:

General Baxter
10-06-10, 11:16 PM
come get mine, i need money for another car, take pitty on me lol

scott.parker
10-06-10, 11:19 PM
Yes your being rather OLD AND BORING! come for a blat in mine, you'll soon want another! lol

draper
10-06-10, 11:20 PM
old git lol

Lee
10-06-10, 11:21 PM
Have took a deposit on the V6 and really if im honest dont want another nova! am i getting old? seems like you buy 1 stick a xe in and thats it same old same old im finding it really boring now? :confused: :tard:

Build something completely out of the ordinary then :)

Danny s-p
10-06-10, 11:23 PM
Build something completely out of the ordinary then :) :thumb:

scott.parker
Come on then Lee do tell before sunday...PM me..

waynes sri
you will always want another nova trust melol

lewisvalver
10-06-10, 11:26 PM
by the sounds of it your getting old:thumb: lol

MattBrown
10-06-10, 11:28 PM
Not old, just sencible.

I cba at some times, just think to myself "focus rs, finance" but then look at the nova, and it cheers me up lol

Saloony
10-06-10, 11:36 PM
Dont worry dude, my nova puts a smile on my face. But the monaro is quick, better looking, comfortable, has air con, proper stereo, 4 seats, basicly everything... And easily gains respect.

Why do i have a nova again? lol

scott.parker
10-06-10, 11:40 PM
Dont worry dude, my nova puts a smile on my face. But the monaro is quick, better looking, comfortable, has air con, proper stereo, 4 seats, basicly everything... And easily gains respect.

Why do i have a nova again? lol

As if you didn't you would be on (arm chairs/pipe and slippers VXR8 Wannabes forums) lol but instead your at home in good ol novaload...

Lee
10-06-10, 11:43 PM
good ol novaload...

Where now??? lol

scott.parker
10-06-10, 11:48 PM
Where now??? lol

Common Lee surly even you can see the sarcasm in there...

:roll: lol

Jack
11-06-10, 01:09 AM
My Celica runs rings around my Nova in pretty much every respect, aside from the "you just got overtaken by a Nova saloon" aspect. Subcategory, "you just got overtaken by a Nova saloon, whilst it shot a massive flame out the exhaust".

Note to curtoise, I do not have a flamer kit.

MK999
11-06-10, 01:13 AM
I have worked out many times I could have a far 'better' car, even did at one point, people questioned my logic relentlessly in switching from a pug 306 back to a nova, and yet owning novas still makes sense somehow :confused: lol

AlexW
11-06-10, 01:17 AM
Im fed up of the nova, i didnt like driving it, was always breaking (uhh).

Even funked off with the corsa. Tigra is the best car i own atm.

Would never have a nova as daily driver again.

blue_peg_16v
11-06-10, 01:54 AM
all novas are crap and tbf i should hate them but there is something about em when i didnt have one i wanted one and when the loon goes off the road in a couple of days i will want another lol

Lee H
11-06-10, 06:47 AM
A lot of people have said I would end up with another one for a daily driver after I broke my red one but I've not even been slightly tempted tbh. Much prefer the corsa for a daily as it's comfier, handles better and has slightly leas rust issues.

I do still have a Nova though but it has done 0 miles since October!!

scott.parker
11-06-10, 09:45 AM
Well at the moment im driving my MK1 as a daily car (not something i wanted to do, as want to keep it as immaculate as possible) as Ive sold the Passat and intend to buy a MK4 Astra SRi 1.8 as my daily car, BUT then im back to having 3 cars all T & T'd insured again, so what to do eh???

I personally love driving the MK1, just dont like the thought of stones chipping it etc, but it drives amazing (for the car/age etc) and gives me possibly better fuel consumption then the TDI Passat did..

So im stuck, do i sell one of my Nova's so i can have 2 cars, one decent daily and track car/mk1 retro, or just stick to daily driving the MK1 and try to keep it in as good condition i can, i just dont see it being amazing in winter if we have the snow again..

Scott

blue_peg_16v
11-06-10, 09:51 AM
stick to 3 scott you will only regret selling the track slag when dar and everyone is hitting the track and posting vids and the mk1 is so clean would be a shame to ruine it in the snow heck the mk1 cant cost alot to insure on a classic policy so no need for ncd so the track and daily shouldnt be too bad and just tax the novas for 6month over summer when they will get used sorted

stevie-p
11-06-10, 09:51 AM
I want another one as soon as i realised the saloon was being picked up i felt a tad devastated but ill build a track car only no daily this time, the civic has better fuel economy quicker but its not as comfy and handles like a bag even lowered on adj tein springs and shockers its a hell of a lot noisier i.e tyre noise and panels etc and i couldent really say ive betterd the nova :( but i have vtec y0 lol (just as useless)

88ESR
11-06-10, 10:08 AM

Well I'm 42 and looking for another one..

So if you're getting old, what does that make me????lol

grooge
11-06-10, 01:10 PM
Well at the moment im driving my MK1 as a daily car (not something i wanted to do, as want to keep it as immaculate as possible) as Ive sold the Passat and intend to buy a MK4 Astra SRi 1.8 as my daily car, BUT then im back to having 3 cars all T & T'd insured again, so what to do eh???

I personally love driving the MK1, just dont like the thought of stones chipping it etc, but it drives amazing (for the car/age etc) and gives me possibly better fuel consumption then the TDI Passat did..

So im stuck, do i sell one of my Nova's so i can have 2 cars, one decent daily and track car/mk1 retro, or just stick to daily driving the MK1 and try to keep it in as good condition i can, i just dont see it being amazing in winter if we have the snow again..

Scott

it'll be fine in the snow mate, I drove mine in it everyday. the wee skinny tyres help a lot.

anyway if you have the room, definitely go for the 3 cars. if you dont you'll end up looking back and thinking you were silly not to.

stevie-p
11-06-10, 01:11 PM
tyres are fine in the snow agree but a mk1 in that condition the snow will ruin it