PDA

View Full Version : K&N bolt-on carb... JETS??

barrett69
04-05-03, 07:52 PM
I am thinking of getting myself a K&N bolt on carb for my 1.3SR.
I've read the article on novaload about fitting the carb but they go on about changing the jets... Is this procedure necessary, or is it waffle.
Is the K&N uselss without new jets, if it is where can i can bigger jets from?

privatepie
04-05-03, 10:01 PM
k&n make air filters not carbs

mikeoxford
04-05-03, 10:32 PM
get a ram air or pipercross filter. much better than a k&n - also maybe even consider using a replacement filter for your current airbox - suprisingly it gives better results!

only buy the k&n if you want looks really

burgo
04-05-03, 10:53 PM
i red in an old maxy p wen the did a test and they tried all the different filters and the k&N one gave more bhp than the rest altho one gave alot more torque but i kent remember which it was

mikeoxford
04-05-03, 11:00 PM
i red in an old maxy p wen the did a test and they tried all the different filters and the k&N one gave more bhp than the rest altho one gave alot more torque but i kent remember which it was

nah

total vauxhall did a INDEPTH review - and pannel filters with modified airboxes came second to ONE filter i believe.

so for the money........ i know which i would rather do!

i got a filter kit with my car, and also i want the looks for at shows etc so i wouldnt use a standard airbox, but i would if i wasnt attempting to make a car to take to trax and the like with the novaload boys