PDA

View Full Version : a few tips please

mr5050
10-06-10, 09:51 AM
i going to attempt to drop my x16xe in today, ive left the gearbox in situ and it was extremely tricky to get the engine out, is ther any easy way of mating the engine to box in the bay? cheers

Southie
10-06-10, 09:59 AM
Put the engine and box in together and lift the front end over the engine rather than dropping in from above.

napalm_27
10-06-10, 10:17 AM
as above
take the box out bolt it to the engine undo the tie bars and move then out the way
lift the car as high as possible drop the engine right infront slide it on something under the baya and then either lift the engine up or drop the car down and then bolt it in place

mowgli
10-06-10, 10:31 AM
it is a f13box thats in the isn't it?, as an f10 is too small on the bellhousing.. what engine did you take out?

ste porter
10-06-10, 12:21 PM
easiest way mate and without damaging paint work in the bay is get your engine and box built up complete with loom fitted to the engine ect aswell. remove track controll arms bolt mounts to the engine and box slide it under the car and lower the car to about normal ride hight then lift the engine into possition and refit your mount bolts

its hard work trying to get them in and out with the gear box in place belive me its alot easier like this

burgo
10-06-10, 12:23 PM
if it is an f13 then just take the end cap off and slide the input shaft backwards :D engine will bolt up to the box a piece of piss then

AlexW
10-06-10, 12:52 PM
Clutch/flywheel is the issue though, will catch on the gearbox and hit the chassis leg, scratching your paint