PDA

View Full Version : Oil pump help

Skell
09-06-10, 10:02 PM
hi guys wondering if any can help Been having trouble with boost was cutting out when full throttle was applied drove to the shop today nothing special waited afew minutes before turning off like you do came back started her up and engine was ticking and the oil pressure light was on but then it went out strange on the way back home light came back on with ticking got home left it for abit to cool down went to check oil level all was. Fine so I took the filler cap off started up and no oil was being splashed around what's the best course of action not sure if the sump is a standard one it's my first let I have been told that the pump is a modded vxr pump is this a common pump are there any feed pipes that could be blocked is it worth taking the pump off to check it

lost my marbles cars going to have to sit still for now cheers for any help

comptoncj
09-06-10, 10:05 PM
Could be a relief valve problem, first thing, take sump off and check pick up, main bearings, big end shells, if its been rattling it wont have done it alot of good.

Skell
09-06-10, 11:40 PM
Thanks mate will get busy this weekend is the prv located on the pump with it being a vxr pump will it be the same as the Normal ones people fit is there anyone that sells uprated prv's that don't stick, would it fail in the closed poistion will this stop oil being pumped around engine totally?

comptoncj
10-06-10, 07:24 AM
If it stuck closed i would think you would have too much oil pressure. try looking on SBD website and places like that for oil pumps and rebuild kits not sure if they do a differnt relief valve or not.

Skell
10-06-10, 07:54 AM
It's a shame this has happened now coz of my job atm I doubt I'll be able to fix it in time for moving can anyone requirmend a good garage in the northern area not to far from Manchester think I'll get aa'd there