PDA

View Full Version : someone help

tonydry
04-05-03, 12:27 PM
right i got my car back a few weaks ago and realised the arches were still rubbing so took it back and told the guy to sort it out well hes cut the arches right back and basicly made a real mess so i went mad and took the car back it looks like hes took away a lot ov the arch but its still rubbing its got a wide arch kit and avo coilovers non hight ajust rears .16"still autos 195. 45 et 44 with 5mm spacers what i need to no is how can i stop them rubbing and does anyone now someone who can sort thiss mess out im in the manchester area ill post some pics up later today.......ps cheaper the better runing low on funds now lol http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=767 http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=768 http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=771

mmollart
04-05-03, 04:45 PM
why have you got 5mm spacers on? take them off & see what its like then.
ive got 7x16" masitaly vt5r's on my gsi et45 with 195/45 arches rolled & lowerd 40mm & it doesnt rub

tonydry
04-05-03, 05:59 PM
ive got the spacers on coz it was catching on the inner arch

mmollart
04-05-03, 06:32 PM
aahhh rite, well you could find out where its rubbin on the inner arch & bash the sh*t out of it with a big hammer then put loads of waxoil on the area to stop the rot & lose the spacers, or get some thinner ones, 2mm? that arch looks a propper balls up!!!

mikeoxford
04-05-03, 11:24 PM
get a couple of mm machined of the spacers?

tonydry
05-05-03, 01:53 AM
thanks for replys ive soerted the rubbing now it was a plastic cover that was hideing all the mess may main concern is sorting out the arch before it rusts anyone got any sugestions

mmollart
05-05-03, 10:51 AM
you could find a decent bodyshop & get them to take a look at it for you, or take it back to the bloke that did it & tell him to sort it out or you'l be having words with trading standards. is it the inner arch hes chopped up? cant really tell in the pics

Jules
05-05-03, 11:13 AM
To me it looks like the inner and outer arch that's been chopped / folded, it's been done like that as the fibreglass wide arch kids extends over it and covers it up, but that is gonna rust in no time if left as it is. Phone Trading Standards and explain it to them, they'll be able to tell you of your legal rightsa and what to do if you're not happy with they job they've done (And who would be), then go back to them and have it out with the boss face-to-face and mention that you've been told your rights by Trading Standards and thet you are willing to pursue it further if you have to.

tonydry
05-05-03, 12:59 PM
i carnt realy go back there now coz i whent a bit mental he said hed phone the police if i whent back i carnt be arsed with the hasle so would rather get it sorted somewhere else

ade
05-05-03, 01:54 PM
He's pretty messed up the arch!!! Tiotal cowboy job by the looks!

ones.

Hes cut the inner away leaving ruddy holes - water will get in and rot the feck out the car from inside!!!

get is sealed ASAP! Just go to halfords, get a fibrglass kit and foolow instructions - easy. Use the wire mesh also to bridge the hole. Wot a dodgy basturd!

:evil:

Remove the spacers off the wheels -theyre pushing the wheels further out and making it rub - or get thinner

If you need any help pm me. Fibreglassing is easy - especially as thats all inner work so you wont see it.

Ade

tonydry
05-05-03, 02:09 PM
cheers ade pm sent

brian
06-05-03, 07:02 PM
that was a complete fuck of a job.
The way i did mine was:
Put a series of cuts in the arch.
I folded them back and up and welded them to the inner arch.
Then i fitted the new wide arches.
Next i filled the inside of the new arch and up around the welded up old arch (anywhere there was gaps) with expanded foam (cavity fill!!)
When dry sealed all this up.