PDA

View Full Version : 2 nights in a row...2 attempts to get into my car

muzzy
09-06-10, 02:06 PM
On Monday night someone jammed a screwdriver in my passenger lock which has resulted in the lock needing replaced. I didn't think too much of it as that was the only sign of attempted entry to the car plus It is parked in a car park surrounded by flats.

This morning I went out and my passenger door had been bent back, I have managed to push it back into shape as much as possible but it is now not sitting flush like it did to start with. To top that off my rear passenger footwell is now full of water :roll:

I now have to decide what to do as someone seems really keen on my car for some unknown reason, normally I would put it in either my lock up or shed but I am using it daily at the moment so this is not an option.

I am a bit worried now because they seem quite persistent in trying my car and I have no other option but to leave it parked outside.

stupot89
09-06-10, 02:36 PM
sit up and watch it tonight and if they try again a nice piece of 2x2 over there heads win win

davidfox280585
09-06-10, 03:00 PM
sit up and watch it tonight and if they try again a nice piece of 2x2 over there heads win win
lol id do that too agree with stu i even slept in my car once , as i spotted someone dodgy driving about before

GRUNT 16V
09-06-10, 03:10 PM
no dont use the a bit of 4x2 would be more useful about 2 feet long !lol

robertdevlin69
09-06-10, 03:45 PM
^^^^^^

pussys...a nail bar or an axe,more like it

davidfox280585
09-06-10, 03:58 PM
infact lasoo them with rope tie em up and anally rape em dry they will never forget that and will never touch your car again though lol

moffat
09-06-10, 04:06 PM
infact lasoo them with rope tie em up and anally rape em dry they will never forget that and will never touch your car again though lol

thats the funnyiest thing av read al day lol lol :thumb:

Will F
09-06-10, 04:20 PM
A novel idea would be a decent alarm/immob?

You are almost better off leaving the doors unlocked and removing parts of the engine, so they cant start it, that way at least your door wont get any more bent.

davidfox280585
09-06-10, 04:32 PM
a realistic option is like will said alarm with proximity sensors that beep to give warning in a certain radius of the car this means they know the car has beefed up security thats what my cars usually have

Jon_nova1
09-06-10, 04:55 PM
buy a self cocking crossbow and have abit of fun with said retard:thumb:

muzzy
09-06-10, 07:08 PM
A novel idea would be a decent alarm/immob?

You are almost better off leaving the doors unlocked and removing parts of the engine, so they cant start it, that way at least your door wont get any more bent.

That's my idea, at least if the doors are unlocked they don't need to damage anything to get in, will just take the distributor cap or something into the house with me lol

Lee
09-06-10, 07:22 PM
Trouble is, if they can't start it, they will no doubt kick the crap out of it instead.

Leave the doors open, remove ALL the leads, and pin a note to the dashboard saying 'Smile, i'm filming you, you filthy pikey scumbag :)'. That should make them scarper.

ste porter
09-06-10, 07:32 PM
remove steering wheel? i.e snap of boss cant drive it if you cant steer it and its also a visiual deterent if they can see they cant drive it they may not bother with it

Jackroadkill
09-06-10, 07:45 PM
I'd definitely be thinking about some sort of boobie trap / ambush combination. Also take the rotor arm / ecu into the house with you each night.

Dan Stanley
09-06-10, 08:25 PM
How about replacing the locks with solex locks? They are a bit hard to get hold of though, but they would stop anyone opening the lock with a screwdriver. Apart from that, if they saw you had a steering lock like a disclok or stoplock on it then they might not bother. Both are cheap enough options.
:thumb:

Spudly
09-06-10, 08:29 PM
Cos solex locks are babba they jam up easily and are no stronger than any other lock, you can still pop em out of the door skin like any other lock and 80% of twoccers know more easy and faster ways of getting into a nova!

16v Nova Kev
09-06-10, 08:29 PM
say bye bye to your car mate someone is after it.:(

craig green
09-06-10, 09:02 PM
say bye bye to your car mate someone is after it.:(

nothing like a bit of moral support.lol

lets hope the culprits have given up.

Nova_Tek
09-06-10, 09:23 PM
Hook up the car battery to the door :d

Dave VXR
09-06-10, 09:35 PM
Wire the car to the 240v mains (Y)... just dont put earth wires on it.. let the ****ers touch it then

Nova_Tek
09-06-10, 09:38 PM
^^ just think of the electric bill mate.

Car battery is fine 500amps peak current will do the trick. Trust me I've managed to shock myslef once with one. Luckily the allen keys flew out of my hands which broke the circuit lol

novalovingned
09-06-10, 09:39 PM
Is this at your flat just along the road from me? I had nothing but bother with my mk2 getting broken into mate.

They tried joining wires etc to make it start but i had the leads and a couple of other parts off.

I take it they have been into the car then. If theres no attempt on the wiring or ignition barrel chances are there just after a rummage in the glove box and that.

It is **** though :( theres not much you can do atm unless your willing to stay up and catch them at it?

OR

take 3 of the the wheel nuts out off each back wheel, leave the forth in a couple of mm, there not even going to get out of the car park :thumb:

Novasport
09-06-10, 09:44 PM
Leave the doors, boot & bonnet open, wrap the car in police crime scene tape and put some blood stains on the tarmac ;)

Or, get a BIG hungry dog and pop him in the passenger seat, just make sure you have a tin of Pedigree on your return.

Or, sleep in the car

Or, park it somewhere else

Or, get a decent car!

Lee
09-06-10, 09:58 PM
Leave the doors, boot & bonnet open, wrap the car in police crime scene tape and put some blood stains on the tarmac ;)

That is genius!!!!!

You could also look here for tips.

http://www.stickdeath.com/2003auto.htm

bmw156
09-06-10, 11:01 PM
i would persoannly watch it, with some sort of pain implament in my hands.

they would only walk to the car, they wouldnt walk away.

they bent your door back, bend their ****ing neck

muzzy
10-06-10, 12:22 AM
Is this at your flat just along the road from me? I had nothing but bother with my mk2 getting broken into mate.

They tried joining wires etc to make it start but i had the leads and a couple of other parts off.

I take it they have been into the car then. If theres no attempt on the wiring or ignition barrel chances are there just after a rummage in the glove box and that.

It is **** though :( theres not much you can do atm unless your willing to stay up and catch them at it?

OR

take 3 of the the wheel nuts out off each back wheel, leave the forth in a couple of mm, there not even going to get out of the car park :thumb:

Aye in the car park at the back of my flat, they have obviously been scared away as the car was still locked so don't think they managed to get inside or anything. Just left it as normal minus the hazard switch. If they want it bad enough they will take it!

Pisses me off that they tried twice though, they must be terrible if they couldn't even get into a Nova lol

bai1ey
10-06-10, 12:41 AM
any thing tonight dude ??

muzzy
10-06-10, 12:43 AM
Na all is quiet it seems, I heard the same car kicking about the last 2 night's when things have happened but not heard anything at all tonight.

Was contemplating phoning the police but thought it would probably be a total waste of time.

bai1ey
10-06-10, 12:52 AM
how far is the cop shop from you flat dude

muzzy
10-06-10, 12:53 AM
About a 1/4 of a mile!

bai1ey
10-06-10, 12:55 AM
well if the f*ckers turn up tonight give them a bell they shudnt take to long to get there

muzzy
10-06-10, 12:58 AM
I'm keeping an ear out, I am 99% sure that the car I heard had something to do with it. Fingers crossed they will just give up and get another hobby!

bai1ey
10-06-10, 01:03 AM
hopefully dude but you know what there like dude.

hopefully they will get bored of you car. lets hope they get cought befour some other poor sod becomes a victom of there childish ways.

muzzy
10-06-10, 01:07 AM
Wish these little ****ers would just buy they're own stuff instead of trying to have other peoples. Hopefully soon I will get my 206 sorted and just use that and keep the Nova for weekends. My mate has had to put his in his lock up as he is too worried about leaving it outside his house since it got stolen last winter.

bai1ey
10-06-10, 01:11 AM
yep but there will always be thieving scum out there to make a doller off other peoples miss fortune and the fact that nova are getting more and more common with c20xe and c20let engines in them. they will always get targeted because lets face it if a bloke offered you a let for 500nikker you would say yess or a xe for £100

muzzy
10-06-10, 01:14 AM
yep but there will always be thieving scum out there to make a doller off other peoples miss fortune and the fact that nova are getting more and more common with c20xe and c20let engines in them. they will always get targeted because lets face it if a bloke offered you a let for 500nikker you would say yess or a xe for £100

That's very true, unlucky for them that they would open the bonnet and find a 1400 8v carb lol

bai1ey
10-06-10, 01:17 AM
lol that is the chance they take i know a few of the ones round here i found the best way is to become friends with them they dont take off the mates lol.
but i am in a small village with not meny people so every one know every one anyway

muzzy
10-06-10, 01:18 AM
Hopefully they just get bored of being crap thieves and leave it alone lol

Adaz_blud
10-06-10, 01:20 AM
but if they offered me a 1.4 8v for 100 pound with everything i would soon have it off them

bai1ey
10-06-10, 01:22 AM
but if they offered me a 1.4 8v for 100 pound with everything i would soon have it off them

leave it with me can you collect a car from stoke i may know a bloke with a 1.4 sr for sale its been sat on his drive for about 4 years i know of. it isnt stolen just funny you shud say you want one in this thread. SORRY TO HIJACK

napalm_27
10-06-10, 01:30 AM
had a small flash back some little c@nt that i know stabbed my brand new tyres on my cav when i had it
so went out on a all out mission to find him and yup you guessed it we found him
scared the **** out of him and made it my life ambition to chase him round every time i see him lol
he over stepped the mark one day so got a mate to play banger racing with his nice fiesta zetec ( dont do it my mate just doesnt have any respect for the law )
so if it is the person driving about thats doing it to your car then get a £50 scrapper and get a crack head to go play banger racing with the said car lol lol

muzzy
10-06-10, 01:38 AM
I am fairly sure that the car I've seen is involved in it because they have followed me about a few times including back to mine. I have no problems with anyone so I can only think it must be the car itself they are interested in and are not just doing it to piss me off. If it happens again then I will contact the police but so far so good tonight. Been out a few times and nothing else has happened.

Why they are after an old Nova I have no idea. Not to worry, I am looking into getting an alarm for it so hopefully if they got a scare the last few times then an alarm will keep them away for good.

napalm_27
10-06-10, 01:42 AM
bugger the alarm buy a big **** dog lol

Jack
10-06-10, 02:04 AM
I am fairly sure that the car I've seen is involved in it because they have followed me about a few times including back to mine
Take them on a nice little joyride round the countryside. Or even better, drive round a roundabout a few times lol

[anecdote] I had a citroen AX (of all things) follow me - in the Celica - and my mate - in his GTi6 - once, probably as the knobcheese cut us up when over taking so we slid on past him when the road was clear, which he didn't seem to like. We came to a roundabout, ordered GT4, 306, AX - by the time I'd been round the rounabout about once and a half, we'd both managed to end up behind the AX. LMFAO.

Trendall
10-06-10, 04:36 AM
Wire the car to the 240v mains (Y)... just dont put earth wires on it.. let the ****ers touch it then

that sounds like a great idea how would you go about wireing up my house plug to the car without it f***ing up the electrics and melting it over night to a steaming pile of sludge :)

L14MNP
10-06-10, 03:22 PM
Dunno if this has been said as I only read page one. Bend the door frame back from the inside whilst holding it open mate.

Sh!t luck fella!

Spudly
10-06-10, 06:41 PM
I still cannot beleive you have had your car broken into twice and still not reported it, you not heard of forensics, and how can the police possibly know they need to step up patrols for car related crime if they think its all good and nothing is going on because no fools have reported it!

marc69
10-06-10, 07:05 PM
Hi , just read about the troubles you had, I had Novas when i lived in urquhart road for 12 years, The only things to do are
1 fit an alarm £30 from autosave and 1 hour to fit.
2 Get a streering lock, the worry of taking an extra minute or so to remove this deters a thief
3, even if the ****s do manage to get in and damage it, make sure you have a rally style dead switch so the ignition cant be short wired, no matter what they cant remove your car!

My mate would not take my advice about this 5 years ago and lost his Nova in rosemount, he got it that afternoon, burnt out in tillydrone! These old vauxhalll locks are crap and thieves know it!
Hope this is of some help to you.

dc1984
10-06-10, 07:30 PM
get a tracker incase they do manage to get it, atleast you can find it again.
mine had only been on the road for two weeks since i got it and several people had been askin about it, told them it aint for sale.
the reply i got was, if ye dont sell it a will take it!!!!!

Pete
10-06-10, 07:55 PM
get a tracker incase they do manage to get it, atleast you can find it again.
mine had only been on the road for two weeks since i got it and several people had been askin about it, told them it aint for sale.
the reply i got was, if ye dont sell it a will take it!!!!!

haha i had that with my mk1, i had gypo's coming up to my house in their van's when i was working on it, and all they use to say was "is the car for sale mate" i answer "NO!!!" then all they say is "Ill come back tonite and take it then mate" and then fook off :( i had a fair few in about a month, luckily none of them ever tried to do anything, i just removed the king lead,all ht leads,head unit,battery and anything else worth money from it, at the end of the day if they honestly do want it they will take it :(

Cle
10-06-10, 07:58 PM
Pay for security :thumb: im sure me and a few mates could empty our plans for tonight haha lol

bazil
10-06-10, 08:05 PM
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/random1/pptabletspic.jpg

and

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/random1/webley01.jpg

mowgli
10-06-10, 08:11 PM
don't waste tons on trackers, if you get a cheap mobile, wire a car charger behind the dash & log onto one of those websites where you can track your kids mobiles, and you have done a tracker for pennies... remember, tracker beats no tracker......but hiab beats alarm

Spudly
10-06-10, 08:26 PM
haha i had that with my mk1, i had gypo's coming up to my house in their van's when i was working on it, and all they use to say was "is the car for sale mate" i answer "NO!!!" then all they say is "Ill come back tonite and take it then mate" and then fook off :(

My reply wouldve been "cool, me and my mate will be waiting with a rotty and an axe, see ya later":wtf:

mowgli
10-06-10, 08:35 PM
My reply wouldve been "cool, me and my mate will be waiting with a rotty and an axe, see ya later":wtf:

you'd wake up in a&e and they'd knock the dog out with easystart spray, then nick it

ash nova
10-06-10, 08:37 PM
cut their hands off

mowgli
10-06-10, 08:40 PM
ash, i take it you've never dealt with pikeys

ash nova
10-06-10, 08:47 PM
no i know what there like, just makes me angry that they do it. because there the same anywhere you go, mace is a good thing to have in such a situation or a good old cobra. best way to prevent it in my eyes is to go for a number of options.(1)alarm and immobiliser(2)disklok(3)take leads out(not all people will know what order they go back in(4)block the car in if posible. theyd have to be seriously interested in getting it to get past all that.

muzzy
10-06-10, 08:53 PM
I still cannot beleive you have had your car broken into twice and still not reported it, you not heard of forensics, and how can the police possibly know they need to step up patrols for car related crime if they think its all good and nothing is going on because no fools have reported it!

I did decide to report it, was told there's nothing they can do. Apparently they are on high alert at the moment up here for car theft's, although I guess it depends what's being stolen :roll:

Last time I had a car that was actually stolen the forensic girl came round 48 hours after it had been returned by the people who stole it, back to my house! They never found any prints so nothing they could do then, which was fair enough.

Nothing else has happened although I am going to get an alarm of some form fitted, the car won't be used daily as of the next few weeks once I fix the 206 so it can go in my lock up except when I fancy a drive.

Jon_nova1
10-06-10, 09:15 PM
lol atleast they returned it to your house, would have been nice if they left bits they'd broken

muzzy
10-06-10, 09:19 PM
lol atleast they returned it to your house, would have been nice if they left bits they'd broken

They stole some 6x9's that didn't work, £8 in change, some crap CD's and a pencil lol

I knew who did it, they were seen by one of my friends driving my car about :roll:

Jon_nova1
10-06-10, 10:10 PM
lol at pencil, because everyone needs one of those!

did you ever catch upto them?

Lee
10-06-10, 10:17 PM
ash, i take it you've never dealt with pikeys

I designed a napalm based security system a while back when I had my blue one as i'd heard on the grapevine a few pikey types had their eye on it.

basically i was going to connect a second fuel pump to the tank and run the pipe round so it poked out of the dash just behind the steering wheel, and then rig up a static sparker (like you get in eleccy lighters). Oh how much joy would you get hearing the starter throw and then WOOF.

I was literally so close to doing it, but I am one to think of consequences, and if I set fire to a pikey, 10 would come back and set fire to my house, and then another 10 would set fire to my parents house.

Best way to stop a pikey stealing your car is to bury it in concrete. Anything other than will only slow em down :(

draper
10-06-10, 10:18 PM
should of done it lee

when my garage got burgled i wanted to wire the door handle up to the mains via a switch from inside the house. i actually worked out how id get away with it aswell to make it look accidental lol

Lee
10-06-10, 10:21 PM
should of done it lee

A mate made a very good point by saying that one day I could get in the car and forget to turn off the napalm lol

muzzy
10-06-10, 10:23 PM
lol at pencil, because everyone needs one of those!

did you ever catch upto them?

Didn't want the hassle to be honest, the car was still there at the end of the day.

Trendall
10-06-10, 10:30 PM
I designed a napalm based security system a while back when I had my blue one as i'd heard on the grapevine a few pikey types had their eye on it.

basically i was going to connect a second fuel pump to the tank and run the pipe round so it poked out of the dash just behind the steering wheel, and then rig up a static sparker (like you get in eleccy lighters). Oh how much joy would you get hearing the starter throw and then WOOF.

I was literally so close to doing it, but I am one to think of consequences, and if I set fire to a pikey, 10 would come back and set fire to my house, and then another 10 would set fire to my parents house.

Best way to stop a pikey stealing your car is to bury it in concrete. Anything other than will only slow em down :(

i wouldnt of thought about the consequences personaly i would of done it atleast theres one less car thief of the street. might give others a scare when they read about it in the paper car thief dies in car after it explodes in a fire ball. new security systems have been on the rise in this area for years now the old siren and imoblisers are a thing of the past look out car thiefs security flame kits from south africa are in the uk :) anyone see the car thief being flame'd after trying to steal a bmw in south africa?

Pete
10-06-10, 10:34 PM
i wouldnt of thought about the consequences personaly i would of done it atleast theres one less car thief of the street.
But then there's one less citizen on the streets becuase you would be behind bars for murder :tard:
everyone says they would do this and that, and to be honest if its just plain stupid, then you obviously are stupid.....
and like Lee said, Gypo's know alot of people, they will end up doing stuff to your house, and your parents if they find out where they live, just for car that there going to get if they want it anyway.....

just my opinion.

MattBrown
10-06-10, 11:25 PM
The only people the pikeys are scared of is the hells angels.

Speak to them, you will never ever get touched by a pikey again.

Hells angels are by far the hardest gang in the uk.

draper
10-06-10, 11:27 PM

so the best way to keep pikeys away is to go and talk to your local hells angels chapter ?

do you have to sit and think up the **** you talk or does it just flow naturally ?

stupot89
10-06-10, 11:32 PM
lol quality +rep

MattBrown
10-06-10, 11:54 PM
so the best way to keep pikeys away is to go and talk to your local hells angels chapter ?

do you have to sit and think up the **** you talk or does it just flow naturally ?

Erm, you obviously have no one in your area who knows/rides for the angels then.

Come back when you understand what they do to earn cash.

draper
10-06-10, 11:56 PM
Erm, you obviously have no one in your area who knows/rides for the angels then.

Come back when you understand what they do to earn cash.

mate, i know exactly who/what they are - i also know people who talk about knowing them are chatting bollox kid.

come back when you understand the world abit more :thumb:

MattBrown
10-06-10, 11:57 PM
mate, i know exactly who/what they are - i also know people who talk about knowing them are chatting bollox kid.

come back when you understand the world abit more :thumb:

I don't know them directly.

300 yards from my house is a meet point for them, a local harly/chopper shop.

Some right nut jobs go there, we mot our bikes there.

Nicest people you will ever meet, but fk with them, they wont stop.

muzzy
11-06-10, 01:15 AM
Hells Angels lol

Yeah I'll just nip down and ask them to stand around my car to scare the pikey's away :wtf:

MK999
11-06-10, 01:17 AM
Hells Angels lol

Yeah I'll just nip down and ask them to stand around my car to scare the pikey's away :wtf:

I'd skip them and check out the russian mafia tbh, that'll scare the hells angels off your turf too.

ash nova
11-06-10, 08:30 PM
my car morphs into optimus prime when theres a problem, that seems to scare them off most of the time.

mowgli
11-06-10, 08:49 PM

you need these.......

http://www.suppository.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Laxative-Suppository5.jpg

i know a few people who are connected to people who do the things you only normally see on tv shows...... i am not about to name names & places, and i've never knowingly met them....

Pete
12-06-10, 04:57 PM
lol @ hells angel's, you sure the local chopper group dont just meet there mate?
pretty sure the hell's angels wouldnt meet on a certain date for thing's .... there not PNG