PDA

View Full Version : flocking???

Toydx1
08-06-10, 05:28 PM
i have been thinking about flocking the full dash board in my mk1 nova but a mate says its really expensive does any body know how expensive?? also i found a link on mig web where a lad had done it his self it looked smart and i have found a website that sells the flocking stuff so that i could do it but does any body have any idea on what type of glue would best be used ??? any help would be appreciated thanks ..... ToY

Iain
08-06-10, 05:32 PM
The flocking kits come with a glue don't they?

Toydx1
08-06-10, 05:35 PM
i dont realy know, the web site i was on only sold the bags without the glue i need to have a better look around just thought some one on here could of shortened that look.

Southie
08-06-10, 05:37 PM
Give these guys a call for a price ;) http://www.suffolkflockingservices.co.uk/examples-flocking-dashboard.asp

Toydx1
08-06-10, 05:40 PM
i have sent an email last night but awaiting the reply

Southie
08-06-10, 05:51 PM
Always better to give people a call IMO just incase you need to ask more questions.

Toydx1
08-06-10, 05:56 PM
good thinking well a think that might be my next plan of action like thanks

Nick J
08-06-10, 07:02 PM
I wouldnt use suffolk flocking to be honest pal.... I very much doubt they will get back to you either! A dash is approx £100 so I wouldnt say its particulary expensive to have pro done really. Myself and a few others off here have used the guy before below though. He's friendly,quick and does a top job........

http://www.autoflock.co.uk/

There is some pics in my wip thread and also keith robinsons if you'd like to see his work. hope this helps.

Nick.

nuds sr
08-06-10, 07:14 PM
i had my evo 6 dash done at autoflock was a very good service and was kept up to date and was sent photos as the parts were done
few pictures of my evo dash i was sent while getting done
would recommend getting it done transforms the dashboard totally
could pop over and have a look when i get it back mate might help you make up your mind
alan
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/nuds_photos/DSC01065.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/nuds_photos/DSC01071.jpg

MARTIN KELSON
08-06-10, 07:24 PM
My Nova dash, console, glove box door (mk2), fuse box cover etc.
All the little ods & sods that make the MK2 dash up done few years back & cost a little over £100 cash.
I had to drop of & collect about a week later.

Use the pro's if i were you. I used the company that do M-Sports WRC cars & ProDrive's race cars, so were more than qualified to do a Nova dash!!!

Martin

Toydx1
08-06-10, 10:16 PM
thanks lads thought it was going to be a bit more expensive than that like with the information i have been given but i think ya's have made my mind up now like iv spent about 4k on my nova so far so that aint so bad really cheers all

Southie
08-06-10, 10:24 PM
Have you started a wip thread on your car yet?

craig green
08-06-10, 10:31 PM
As said, a pro job is going to be nearly flawless assuming you use the right people.
I have seen the frost kits used DIY to good effect. Personally I would give it a shot, esp if I had a spare/test dash to use, but fall back on another spare if the worst happens.

Peester has a flocked mk1 dash on his car, see his projects thread obv.

Toydx1
08-06-10, 10:36 PM
nah aint started one but going to do it soon just aint got a lot of time on ma hands due to nearly finishing my collage stuff haha ano but has to be done and yer i thought of doing it with the frost kits but i think am just going to get it done pro

nuds sr
08-06-10, 11:07 PM
i bought one of the frost kits and would probly need about 3 frost kits to do a full nova dash and is very messy doing it yourself and is easy to get dust stuck in it too and takes a good 24 hours to dry before you can touch it
so by the time you go to all this effort you could get some one else to do it professionally for a similar sort of price
would recommend using the pro's for a mint job
alan

Jack
09-06-10, 12:43 AM
FCM in Bristol can do flocking, last time I checked they were quoting around £70 for a small dashboard, Nova-sized. But that was well over a year ago, so their prices may have gone up since then.