PDA

View Full Version : Grand Tourismo 4

Stuart
04-05-03, 11:09 AM
finally youve nearly got xbox quality graphics lol ;)

looks ok, but lets hope its a bit mroe like the original with respect to the game play (not millions of poxy licenses to get, and modifications dont cost more than the car)

Stuart
04-05-03, 04:23 PM
you'd be surprised how comfy the massive controller is lol

i was v aprehensive at first but in my humble opinion its nicer and better laid out than the ps controllers, but hey.

burgo
04-05-03, 09:59 PM
the thing is it is only gonna b gd tho if its got novas on it altho i have heard that they are havin older cars on it as i kno they have bin recording various old vw engine sounds like golfs and beetles(old) as well as the campers so im hoping there are also gonna put the older vauxhalls on it

Jim
05-05-03, 01:22 AM
so are you looking forward to gran Turismo 4 Micky? ;)

It'll be intresting to see what improvements they've done this time round.

Jim

ade
05-05-03, 04:38 PM
lol - GT4 looks awseome

I aint even played GT3 yet - still impressed with GT2!

:roll:

They need to release anOutrun style arcade pod for it - the one thats on hydraulics that reacts to the wheel being tuned!

theres a PS2 one with a cobra seat for some racing car games - ?350!

Jules
06-05-03, 12:04 AM
As long as GT4 has used cars to buy I'll be a happy bunny, GT3 is good but the lack of the special_edition_laden_always_changing used car section was sorely missed by me, I bought a used Nissan Pulsar GTiR for my first car and modded it up to the hilt - It ruled on it's black 15"s, slammed suspension and negative camber all round!! Handled like a go-kart and was a bit quick as well!!! :o
I was so disappointed that I couldn't buy one in GT3 :(

RobHardyUK
06-05-03, 08:19 AM
Yeah agreed i want a used car section.

wisewood
07-05-03, 03:50 PM
i played GT1 to death with my mates pre release in japanese on the PS1 and we were 100% hooked on it... played GT2 a few times but not much and never even seen GT3.

HOWEVER!!!

If GT4 comes out and gets people talking about it like GT1 did i will go out and finally!!! buy myself a PS2 and play the game...

Gran Tourismo was such a quality game, by the timeme n my mates got to play it in japanese the lad who got hold of the game had done everything and won the lot and had loads of money so we took 10k of his money each and bought a used car n toko it in turns to play > we spent WEEKS doing that.

I ended up with a Honda CRX > which when you gave the racing colours to it looked like a packet of opel fruits > i loved that car. BUT finally after my mates were all driving around in the notorious GTO i decided it was time to trade up, so i bought myself a Lancer EVO in black and had soooo much fun racing that too.

I agree 100% about the licences, the simple gold silver bronze idea was good, adding loads of special onces ruins the game a bit if you ask me.

Stuart
07-05-03, 04:42 PM
the gto was fast but not quite as rapid as my skyline with tweeked to perfection gearbox. although the gto did nearly catchup midrange lol.

i also built a mitsi galant barge with about 700bhp (i think) good for straight lines but cornering was a major issue lol, even dtm ride height set and hardish suspension is still rooooooolled.

the max tuned demio was still poo lol

Jules
08-05-03, 12:49 AM
Well there was no competition for the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak -
?1 million credits to buy and it would beat anything and everything in the game.

At the mo in GT3 In my garage I have (Amongst other things) >
1000+BHP Supra
1000+BHP R34 Skyline
Tommi Makinen Evo
22b Scooby
Yaris 1.5 RS Turbo
Feel tuning Evo
600 (Ish) BHP Civic Type R (Hatchback)
Skyline Nismo 400
Audi TT
Lexus IS200

And some more that I can't remember off the top of my head right now.
Cool game, cool cars.
8)

Stuart
08-05-03, 01:23 AM
ahh but in sega GT2002 you can get an R5GTT and get a semi reliable 240ish bhp from it lol. and a pug 205 T16 which i refuse to modify, and an audo 80 quattro, a bit slow for what it is really but hey

one of the first skylines (from the 70's i belive) with very few modifications will destroy many newer cars lol

and the ford gt40, gt concpet and gt90. all very rapid and nice. with the added bonus of nos for the drag runs lol good fun beating the camera helicopter down the strip

i recon a blend of GT1,3 and sega gt2002 would give a fantastic game. the choice of gt and the fact that you have to maintain the cars in sega, and getting bonuses for not getting damage etc

PeteG
09-05-03, 01:31 AM
Lame-GT3 the Suzuki Pikes Peak Escudo is still there,and now you can tune it too. My version has nearly 1900bhp!!! lmfao.
But its soo much more life like than GT1 or 2 ever was and has the original game play that GT1 had and GT2 missed. It was the complete item. I've tried other driving games, but still go back the GT in all its various forms. its fantastic and nothing comes close. I soo hope GT4 builds on the excellent basis that is GT3.
Oh and yes I'm the sad fecker who even boought GT3 Concept Edition. :oops: